Why do you play female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
News flash: in real life I am NOT an 8-foot-high cow that walks on its hind legs, wears armor and holds a weapon!

This is a FANTASY game. If I can be a different species, gender is nothing by comparison.

Yes, yes, I get a lot of players hitting on me because they think I am a female TAUREN WITH HUGE ANTLERS....sigh, what can I do?
11/14/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Jellarie
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

My husband is pretty convinced that I am a woman and since I gave birth 30 years ago to my son I have to say I agree with him.

I play a female because I am one and am comfortable playing one.

The real question is WHY do you care??

No husband to wonder, but my son and his dad would most likely want an answer
to that mystery as well.

My son does on occasion call me Mad, so maybe he does wonder...

Mad...Mom/Dad (at least he told me it meant that )
so why do you roleplay as female characters?

I like Forsaken. When they run, male Forsaken look like they're running to the toilet, and trying to minimize the mess.

It's my impression every time I see one. No way I'd have played for a decade looking at that.

I more wonder at those so insecure in who they are they can't pretend. Whatever.

edit: I really feel like me playing a dead person is more of a stretch than playing a female.
RP purposes and based on my love for Wagner's opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen. All but one of my regular toons are named for characters in the opera but most with the "mrr" at the end (a nod to my old Ultima Online anti-PK guild) as names weren't available.

My lone Horde toon is a female troll rogue with quite a distinguished story. Mataharie (has to be fem) spent her life in Orgrimar solely to spy on chat to see if our city raid was being prepped for. She also helped out with my guildies for an achievement which I don't recall right now. She then received the boost to 100 for my own achievement of two high level toons on each side. Finally, she has now purchased some Horde-only toys for me.

Freiamrr is of course based on Freia who the Giants take until Wotan coughs up the payment for them building Walhall (Valhalla in English) for him. She's my herbalist/inscriber.

All other toons are male: Froh (Freia's brother in the opera) is my druid tank/miner/jewelcrafter; Lokimrr (based on Loge in the opera) is my alchemist; Siegriedmrr is a lvl 55 DK that isn't doing anything.

Had some fun with my bank toon which only older players will get: Ivanboesky.
11/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Brahmina
I feel like someone is trying to bait female players into saying they're female so he can stalk them.

He's welcome to stalk this shirtless male character and watch it spam /silly and /flirt over and over again if he wants, lol.
11/14/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Svidinn
11/14/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Lucindianna
Can we please get a sticky thread explaining all the reasons why guy and girls commonly play characters of different genders?

What are the reasons, Mr. Moon Guard Scantily Clad 'Non-ERPer'?

1. Some of them frankly look more gorgeous than the male ones.
2. Roleplay obviously. Nothing wrong with ERP either!
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

I play females because I AM a female - shocking, I know.
Cuz I'm a girl ….duh!
/flips hair
/walks away in disgust
Variety.

Also, I'm female IRL.

A grandmother, even. I play WoW with my sons and daughter sometimes. In fact... I introduced them not only to the game, but to their computers and gaming in general...

No, really.

[whispers] And some of my characters are.... /GASP/ male.
Imagine caring so much about what strangers do in a video game that you felt the need to make a thread about this.

Get over yourself.
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters?

So I'll just assume you're male based on using we instead of I and making sweeping generalisations and dumb statements, as "we all'' know these are the stupid things men do.
I think a better question is what is wrong with your own masculine insecurity that you care and it bothers you? I mean seriously, who cares?
Here is the truth its considered more wrong for a male to be a female character then the other way around because there's societal attitudes at play here.

See a girl especially in revealing clothing is considered " asking for it " that by being female and looking nice she's therefore after male attention.

I take a centrist position that you are pretty silly if you are wearing a bikini in a dark alley but if a man assaults in the dark alley then that man is still responsible for his crime.

Unfortunately this sad reality puts women in a difficult position as on one hand that might want to dress nice enough to attract men but risk getting blamed for unwanted attention if they dress too nicely.

Not a nice position for women and girls to be in but its a sad reality.
im probably wrong but this feels like the question is more targeted towards males players (since questions like this have been asked before on the forums), but for me? idk i just play it because i have no interest in playing the opposite sex. it's not that im opposed to playing a male, it's just that i cant find the interest.
I wanted to play a nightborne, male NE (and this case nightborne) dont look cool at all when casting spells, while female NE/NB have awesome ones.

Same with some other races (though mostly fall down to opinion)
11/14/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Brahmina
We all know you are men,
I feel like someone is trying to bait female players into saying they're female so he can stalk them.

I'm inclined to agree. These kinds of threads usually pop up once a week and the OP is always really transparent and the intent is about as subtle as a sledgehammer. I'm just going to tell the OP i'm a gender neutral binary construct that exists only as a disembodied phantom echo on the forums. This isn't even my true form.

Am i doing it right?
There's far more pressing questions to ask. Why do people still believe the earth is flat? Why do people still believe in geocentrism? Idc what race or sex someone plays in this game. I want to know why people think we live on a space pizza at the center of the solar system.
BE/VE stealth animations>All
If Ally didn't get VEs I would be a human male. Rogue is one of the few classes I like them for.
While plenty has been said about the appearances and the way some animations and models are just flat out more appealing on the females...

No one has mentioned the voice acting?

“I can’t do that yet.”
“I need a target.”
“I need more mana.”

Much more pleasant to listen to with a female voice.