Why do you play female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
Because female Draenei
my butt looks good. and 40% of wow players actually are female :)
lol @ all the Gurl gamerz this thread
As a bi female, my reason is that I prefer looking at a girl's backside rather than a guys for thousands of hours while questing.
It's an RPG. Sometimes I wanna roleplay as a female character and experience the World of Warcraft through that perspective.

I don't know if this happens with anyone else, but my personality sort of changes when I play other characters. This character is more a direct representation of myself, so I'm very neutral mostly, and rarely enjoy pvp on him,

But when I play my Blood Elf Female Fury Warrior I SEEK BLOOD AND MY THIRST CANNOT BE QUENCHED. TURN THE SEAS RED WITH THE ALLIANCES BLOOD!!!! I only level her on pvp and need constant bloodshed to feel fulfilled lol
11/15/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Piselie
As a bi female, my reason is that I prefer looking at a girl's backside rather than a guys for thousands of hours while questing.

If a guy posted this, everyone would call him a pedo.
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..
Get a life.
I play as a girl, because SHOCKER I am a girl. Wew, all these girls on your internet nowadays amiright, better start building up that chastity firewall.
I play both, and I don't RP. There is no roleplaying just playing. Not here trying to trap anyone if that's what you are getting at.
Female privilege.
Because I want to
How many threads like this do we need?
Because sometimes, I just want too.
I don't know, I don't, I exclusively play male characters because I like to immerse myself in the world of the game I play, so immersing myself in a female character feels just weird to me.

But that's just me, everyone has their reasons to play the gender they want, not everyone immerse themselves in the game as I do, not everyone plays for the same reasons too, people are different and the reason they play what they play is not really of our concern.
11/14/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Oriendaria
I find threads like this dumb. That's like saying why aren't you playing a human because you're human.
For the 131,574th time ..... because I want to. What I am IRL has absolutely nothing to do with what I choose to do in a video game. Whether I'm a real female or male doesn't help one bit in playing my character, regardless of whether that character is male of female.

I don't see it being anyone else's business, nor how who/what I am and what I play in-game has any bearing on their game play. It's what we used to call "being nosey" and "minding other people's business."
Because I am female.

No autographs.
I simply assume that players have no gender. They are just minds inhabiting a body in Azeroth, for all intents and purposes, and we are whatever we are.
11/14/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Vyline
11/14/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Nekomane

Please don't make light of that. Its a serious issue.

Yeah it's a serious issue. It's called mental illness.

No it isn’t. No reputable medical person sees it that way anymore. We understand now how hormones released in a pregnant woman’s brain can “switch” various genes on and off and that this impacts each of us.

It isn’t an illness to be different than the norm. And it isn’t intelligent to insult people who aren’t just like you.
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

I used to play female characters exclusively cause males in wow are fugly... then we got blood elves and void elves and wow finally had races with males that look good. Still... it would be nice if we could get some new races or at least new customization options so that we can have good looking males besides blood/void elves.