Why do you play female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Op, let's be honest here, there will always be some men that roll female characters to earn gold, positions in raids and all kinds of special favors. This type of man is known as a G.I.R.L which stands for Guy In Real Life.

They are less common these days, as there's no need to use manipulative tactics to win the game, you can get Ahead of the Curve pretty easy now if you really want it.
11/14/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Vyline
Would you prefer a game with 95% male characters?

Yes
11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Gaahr
Yes. Give me attention. Feed me, Seymour.

I wonder how many are old enough to know what that means. I sure am :(
Because I like playing dress up on female too so more than male ones.

And Night Elf male casting and combat animations are the worst in the game.
I miss the last gender thread, that was started by a player called Obvious and the race he chose was troll. That made me laugh considering the thread got to 26 pages very quickly.
If I had a nickle for every time one of these thread came up, I could buy Activision/Blizzard and cancel Diablo Immortal.
Variation... 80% of my characters are male. Can't be a complete sausage party around here.
if i did have one i'd just use them for slutmogs
Believe it or not, I’m actually a female
11/14/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Thuggnasty
11/14/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Sorelai

Why do you care? Do you see the game as a dating scene? Are you insecure in your masculinity? Do you feel threatened by the female form?

The response "why do you care" is always funny to me. What does asking people's reasoning behind creating a female character have to do with being threatened? Do you think someone is actually threatened by a female Warcraft character? Same goes with insecurity.

It's projection on their part.
11/14/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Solarwynds
I am female.

Same here.
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..
I play a sensual man-panda in game but I am actually broccoli IRL. What does the artistically implied gender of an individual’s pixels matter to you or anyone else anyway?
*checks OP's server* Yep...figures,why it almost always someone from Illidank or some PVP server making these dumb threads?....
I play women characters because and get this I know it's shocking but it's because I am a woman in real life too.

I know it's crazy.
My main is a male orc my primary alt is a female orc. And honestly, armor looks better in her and her animations are nicer to look at it.

Mechanically the female model is much nicer than the male to watch while playing.
Instead of my usual answer (I've liked female heroes for the 30+ years, more fun customization, not insecure, etc), I'll just say this: because I can.
Because I am but a great, disembodied, luminous brain floating in a adamantium chamber of super-charged plasma, I may assume any gender I want. Question this at your peril!
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

Is everyone that's playing WoW "roleplaying" ?

Sometimes the female character models look better then male counterparts...simple as that.
11/14/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Sylvie
Welp, I'm actually a female so...
I play them because I enjoy playing them. There's also enough games with no character selection and only male main characters so, when I get the option to choose female, I typically do.

Exceptions would be if the female version doesn't look good to me or has more limited options to where the male counterpart is better to design.

This is pretty much my main reason as well, its more fun to pick to "underdog" sex after the 80s/90s of mainly male characters.

And yeah, I'll pick the male character too if the female one is lacking in design and options.
11/15/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Gaahr
Yes. Give me attention. Feed me, Seymour.
I wonder how many are old enough to know what that means. I sure am :(
Ah, yes; the quest to get in Audry's pants .....