Why do you play female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
11/15/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Enkki
11/15/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Greyhide
...I wonder how many are old enough to know what that means. I sure am :(
Ah, yes; the quest to get in Audry's pants .....

Back in fall 1991, my mom bought me an entire unopened box of the The Little Shop of Horrors Topps movie sticker cards from a card dealer at a trade center (Gibraltar in MI). I stuck the stickers on the side of my dresser and some on the back of the garage and wrote in extra word bubbles to create perverted scenes.

Sorry, odd, old, and relevant with you comment.
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

Whether they 're trolling or searching for some kind of affirmation, it's usually the person posting these threads whose in need of some kind of attention. Just sayin'...
cuz hot
11/14/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Prizn
We all know you are men, so why do you roleplay as female characters? Is it body issues? Desiring attention? Please tell us more..

Because females generally look nicer. If I play a plate classes, I usually go male, because broad shoulders look nice with plate.
11/14/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Twonkie
Oh no, I couldn't do that. No. Not since I found myself. No, now I really know it, I never really wanted to be *big*, and *strong* and lug heavy things about. No. Now I know, I want to be dainty and sensitive. They call me 'The Midget' down here. I love it. It's bliss.

+1 for the Baron Munchausen reference.

I'm in the "the animations look better and most of the male models look stupid" crowd. I don't project myself IRL onto the character. I'm creating a story of who THEY are. Big difference.

It's no different than playing different personalities in a D&D game. I'm not a wise-cracking rogue, or a moody ranger, or a scheming wizard IRL either.

OP has some issues to work out, preferably with a counselor.
Well I would have made this a male belf, but I don't think the name I chose would have worked out so well...
Did you just assume my gender? What's next, telling me which bathroom to use?? >.>
Feed me Seymour = reference to Little Shop of Horrors?

To me, its always been a given that the gender of the player i am interacting with is indeed what it appears to be. I was warned that my assumptions could be in error, and i asked 'How?' Whats my error, taking a body at face value? If i can buy into them being Undead, or Elven or Dwarvish or Orcish or, God help me, Trollish, Draenaii , Goblin or Gnome, surely theres no mistake treating with them as the gender they appear to be. And i believe i am pretty much hardwired to see things that way. If it looks like a duck, squeaks like a duck, i'll treat it like a duck! This causes foolish behavior on occasion, standing in front of female DKs or Pallys, like i'm gonna protect them!... whoops.. hardwired. oh, and i am Male, in game or out!
Sounds an awful lot like someone got caught hitting on an avatar and it turned out to be a guy. You play you, they will play them. Stop worrying about others and worry about yourself.
I would have expected this thread to be from a male human paladin, gotta say I'm surprised.
Face you fears - roll a gal toon. I promise your genitals will still be there afterwards.

I like looking at attractive things
Though I play close to 50/50 in WoW since I also enjoy the vastly different bodies of Horde men (and wish the women could look more like them, but that's talk for another time) there's a level of validation I feel with maining woman avatars in any game as a trans woman.
Im not saying men play female characters so they could look at their booty.....

....but its the booty.
The only female character I play is a Nightborne and that is because the males body look too skinny and even their faces look like they ate something bad. The females on the other hand look decent and I wanted the heritage armor. Still might delete her if I run out of spots and need one since I don't normally play female characters. To each their own.
Because my character looks cute and I want to look cute and be a bada$$ at the same time.
i prefer looking more agile rather than a a roided up neanderthal

most transmog looks better on the females

if i'm going to be staring at a butt all day it might as well be a females

i prefer their animations

i prefer their voices
Most of my toons are female because they look better in gear most of the time. I'm female but I have a couple male toons too, sounds like a personal problem OP.
Haven't done it yet, but my nightborne is gonna be female because

1. It'll be a change of pace from me always playing males
2. Male nightborne look like Clint Eastwood cosplaying as a night elf.

Because most of the male models have a habit of looking grotesquely over muscled, and I find that disgusting. Most of the males on the hordes side also had back issues. And only panda females can have tails.