pre-night warrior tyrande was stronger

Story Forum
10/06/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Maldazzar
<span class="truncated">...</span>
So? That doesn't mean they all have to be lvl 40. Besides godfrey didn't actually fight them.
The point is you cant just write off a character because "MALFURION IS BETTER THEN U"

They're literally throwaway characters. They're nothing more than extra lives for Sylvanas.

and an important part of the forsaken narrative. and aesthetically cool... but you know what... garbage. not important at all. No person would be interested in that. nope. Also short stories where they are an important feature of... but yes throw away.
10/06/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Mellow
Also short stories where they are an important feature of... but yes throw away.
The one short story Steve Danuser wrote about his OC getting his cousin's hot body because Sylvanas couldn't get off on his gross, rotten one?
They are important in dark mirror and edge of night, and probably another I can't think of... maybe. but more than one.
10/06/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Mellow
So? That doesn't mean they all have to be lvl 40. Besides godfrey didn't actually fight them.
The point is you cant just write off a character because "MALFURION IS BETTER THEN U"

I'm saying the val'kyr don't matter until the time when one of them dying actually matters (ie sylvanas can no longer res herself or the forsaken can no longer raise anymore people because they lost them all).

It's just an extra valk that is killed off here, until it actually impacts sylvanas or the forsaken it doesn't matter. Just as those other 4 valk were throwaways, this one is a throwaway as well.
10/06/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Mara
10/06/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Mellow

I'm saying the val'kyr don't matter until the time when one of them dying actually matters (ie sylvanas can no longer res herself or the forsaken can no longer raise anymore people because they lost them all).

It's just an extra valk that is killed off here, until it actually impacts sylvanas or the forsaken it doesn't matter. Just as those other 4 valk were throwaways, this one is a throwaway as well.

Maybe you could care less about them. I believe that. Sure.
10/06/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Mellow
Maybe you could care less about them. I believe that. Sure.

Maybe if you point to something where this particular loss impacts the forsaken more than than any of the previous lost ones, then it will be important. We know the raised night elves are a big blow to the night elves, this doesn't seem to impact the forsaken at all.

Maybe it's important because Sylvanas becomes more paranoid about the use of her valk to the point of putting the horde in real danger because of her attitude shift, or maybe it's so unimportant it's never brought up again because this valk was just another faceless mook.
10/06/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Mara
because this valk was just another faceless mook.

yes, I get that's what the forsaken are to you. Thanks.
10/06/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Mellow
Yeah, and there have been Val'kyr that are raid bosses, but you all want to write them off like they are garbage, so I don't care.
Those two raid bosses got shackled by single Argent Priestess.
They are just fodder. The second Sylvanas burnt Teldrassil, the Val'kyr were as dead as Rastakhan when we found out he had a capable and active daughter of age to rule the throne.
10/06/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Amadis
10/06/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Mellow
Yeah, and there have been Val'kyr that are raid bosses, but you all want to write them off like they are garbage, so I don't care.
Those two raid bosses got shackled by single Argent Priestess.

Those aren't the only two, though are they?
10/06/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Bernie
Tyrande cried out and sprang from the hippogryph. Elune’s light, blazing and bright and white, flooded the area. His back to her, Saurfang froze where he stood, gripped by her spell as if turned to stone. As Tyrande’s feet touched the ground, she shoved one hand forward hard. The orc was lifted up and flung to the side. He struck the earth heavily but was still alive.

Tyrande stood over her beloved as Saurfang looked up at her. The light she had summoned had re-formed into radiant, deadly spikes of illumination that hung over the orc’s white head. He squinted in the brightness, panting, but made no move to attack.

now it seems all she can do is moonfire and turn it really dark for like five seconds. perhaps the night warrior ritual was a mistake?

Blizzard just doesn't do continuity so they don't bother checking what has been written before or put into game before putting something new in.

So in the eyes of the current team Tyrande couldn't do Moonfire or turn it real dark before so now that she could she is stronger.

Remember there is no story in this game; they have openly stated continuity is a big hell no at Blizzard.
10/07/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Mellow
10/06/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Amadis
...Those two raid bosses got shackled by single Argent Priestess.

Actual Scourge based Val'kyr raid bosses? The Twin Val'kyr are the only ones, yeah.
10/07/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Amadis
10/07/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Mellow

Actual Scourge based Val'kyr raid bosses? The Twin Val'kyr are the only ones, yeah.
There was the miniboss at the end of the ICC gauntlet, but that's stretching.
I agree, watching old Warcraft 3 cut-scenes of Tyrande and comparing to this 'Night Warrior' Tyrande I can safely say she was a lot more powerful back then, and smarter quite frankly.

This is clearly another rule of cool > logic scenario.
leaders being so stupidly strong is bad writing to begin with.
Only one Val'kyr, which are priceless...

Per the Andorhal questline, prime valks can spawn literally infinite numbers of "lesser" valks that have all of their powers and none of their weaknesses.

What does a valk dying mean, again?
10/07/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Aesur
leaders being so stupidly strong is bad writing to begin with.

The problem is consistency. We're told they're powerful, but they never do anything powerful, so are they really that powerful? No doubt Jaina is, but the night elves are all hype.
10/06/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Reallyhappy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Almost every win they have had has been contested or backfired.

Yep, the alliance gained lorderaon, teldrassil had the exact opposite effect as we wanted, and the only thing we have left from the war campaign is derek.

You guys just haven't had a win that has yet to feel Pyrrhic, just like us!

Ion Hazzikostas: We've had Horde and Alliance that kicked off this expansion just over a month ago with massive battles, massive war. And Alliance really suffered a number of heavy losses throughout that process. Of course the tree of Teldrassil was burned down. They thought they had the upper hand at the Battle for Lordaeron, the Undercity, but defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory as the Horde left the city in ruins behind them. And recently the Horde's been making incursions into Arathi Highlands and so forth.

Seems Ion believes that War of Thorns was a total win for the horde
The Val’kyr are horcruxes. However important they were to Voldemort applies to Sylvanas as well.