-

Classic Discussion
delete this threat
Why should pvp reward skill rather than people who like to pvp a lot?
Yeah okay so while your buffing hybrid dps are you going to tone down their utility or are you just going to screw over pures?
10/09/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Matcauthon
Yeah okay so while your buffing hybrid dps are you going to tone down their utility or are you just going to screw over pures?
They could just make every class the same like in retail
changes could be good. or they could be a waste. need to wait and see. Dont expect changes
10/09/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Anncoulterx
They could just make every class the same like in retail

Sarcasm?
You are talking about massive alterations. I don't want any of this.
10/09/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
One thing before I peace out for the night:

TBC implemented some great changes to level the playboard for specs. We see crusader strike for rets, shamanistic rage for enhance, mangle for feral... All great tools which throughout the expansion led many more classes and specs to be viable in more than 1 streamlined way.

I enjoyed classic more than TBC for many reasons, but as far as class balance I always preferred a TBC model. I think there is a lot to be learned from the vanilla-TBC transition when looking on to how to buff weaker specs into being at least somewhat viable

You complain about classic pvp and about an uneven playing field. Any class n spec could hit r14 in vanilla. In tbc good luck hitting glad on ret.
10/09/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
10/09/2018 08:35 PMPosted by Anncoulterx
Why should pvp reward skill rather than people who like to pvp a lot?

Because the ranking definition of "PvP a lot" means getting into a structured cult to wait your turn to rank, and only being allowed to get a certain amount of honor per week or face the wrath of your peers and screw the system. Not to mention the 10 hours of daily REQUIRED BG spamming, which you can't take a break or you lose all your progress.

I love PvP, I've played maybe 25000 arenas and thousands of BGs in my life, but the ranking grind was one of the most toxic and souldraining things I've ever attempted

Let's use arbitrary numbers for arguments' sake:

Rogue does 100% damage
Feral does 50% damage and brings utility. Utility does not outweight the damage and we bring a resto instead. This is what we see in the current iteration

I'm proposing the following:

Rogue does 100% damage
Feral does 75% damage and brings utility. Feral's utility offsets the reduced damage and allows the spec to be a worthwhile investment for progress raiding

So feral gets a 50% damage increase, a decent leveljng speed, keeps its awesome utility, the ability to switch to two other equally viable specs, tier that gives spec specific bonuses, meanwhile rogues still have 1 viable raid spec, no ability to tank or heal and is one of the slowest classes to level.

Yeah. Why would I bother playing a rogue again?
And considering that every single enrage timer in the game could be done with a group of only hybrid dps before the buffs you propose (only 2 fights have an enrage timer, and the hardest one only requires 9k dps raid wide), why would I bring a rogue to my raid at all over a cat who brings innervate, battle res and cat aura?
didnt even read
#nochange
MMORPGs are not about skill. It’s about time investment.

Go look at some of the old nax videos. They don’t care what dots go on the bosses. They aren’t fully world buffed or flashed. They don’t do the proper rotation. What got them to that level wasn’t skill. It was time investment.

Same with the PVP system. Old pvp videos are littered with people clicking on spells. But it’s an MMORPG. It’s not about skill. It should never be about skill. Now for PVP you needed to win still.

If you play 3 hours a day and win 100% of the games and get 5k honor per hour. Why should you be rewarded more the the person playing 16 hours and getting 2K per hour?
10/09/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
I'll play classic regardless of if it's changed or unchanged, but I love this game and think with the knowledge we've acquired over the past 14 years we can make it better

Nah, I don't think we can make it better, if retail is any indication.

#nochangesorbust
Get out.