-

Classic Discussion
There will not be any changes. Move on
It's just laughable that people come in here and post a list of changes to "classic" like we are all going to get on board with their fabulous changes and then blizzard is going to implement them and they are going to be the hero for thinking of the changes. Please. I'm just shaking my head here.

It's classic. What part of that word is hard for you to understand? No changes.

Peddle your changes in some other part of the game... and if Classic isn't for you without your changes.... just keep playing retail. /bye
10/09/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Matcauthon
rogues still have 1 viable raid spec, no ability to tank or heal and is one of the slowest classes to level.

I never said anything suggesting I WOULDN'T like to buff rogue offspecs too. Debuff slot increase would benefit rogues, specifically assassination, because of the ability to use poisons.

I'd like all specs to have a place in the game, aside from levelling-only. I consider warriors to be the peak of vanilla game design. They have a great tanking spec, a great melee dps spec, and a pvp spec. This is the kind of game model we need

With druid we have feral the leveling spec, resto the viable (barely) spec, and balance the LOL spec.

I think you're missing the entire idea behind the post. I'm not arguing specifics and numbers because I have neither the experience nor the qualifications to do so. I'm arguing ideas.

Why do we bring a resto druid to a raid over a priest? Well priest heals more than druid, but druid brings utility and therefore gets a raid spot EVEN THOUGH It's not the best HPS healer. I'm trying to apply that same logic to the feral druid in my example. I don't want rogues to compete with ferals for a raid slot. I want ferals to competed with resto druids for a raid slot

why would I bring a rogue to my raid at all over a cat who brings innervate, battle res and cat aura?

I want the feral to compete with resto, not the rogue. Resto HPS is more competitive than feral/balance DPS, therefore raids suffer resto druids for their utility because they are the strongest of the 3. I'm advocating for feral/balance DPS to be equivelent to resto HPS.

Would it be so bad to have a raid to require a single feral druid for cat buff? We still have like 6 rogues and 8 warriors. Is it too much to ask to bring 1 cat?

For the record you are talking to someone who raided naxx 40 in a guild that had at least one of every hybrid dps in raids. The only time we didn't have at least one was if someone missed raid. The enrage timers in vanilla were so lax that a raid filled purely with boomkins, cats, rets, and shadow could meet them.

So when you buff them like this, why would I bother bringing a single rogue over stacking my raid with hybrids? What advantage do I get from the rogue? Dps doesn't matter, we were clearing enrages before your changes.
Crusader Strike. That is all. good day.
10/09/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
delete this threat

Maybe because this forum is for discussing classic and not the vastly changed classic you seem to want.

You want spec specific tier.
You want ability changes to hybrids to make them more viable.
You want to vastly change the debuff limit.
You want to change itemization on gear.

And that's just the raid changes.

Do you realize how extensive that is? Just the debuff changes and dps increase changes would mean you would have to change boss health pools drastically so you don't trivialize every encounter in the game.

Then you would have to change loot tables to add loot for classes that have different loot needs (balance and resto, resto and elemental, holy paladin).
10/09/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
you people are so backwards and stupid. I'm done with this. go jack eachother off somewhere else
"WAAAA I CANT HAVE VANILLA MY WAY AND YOU ALL DISAGREE WITH ME GO F YOURSELF"

That is what I call, butthurt.
you people are so backwards and stupid. I'm done with this. go jack eachother off somewhere else

You got bodied in your own thread. Go back to BfA and never return.

Oh, the language! It's probably just me and the fact I'm slightly drunk, but this is just f**king hilarious. I picture a very dynamic temper tantrum with possible mouse throwing and keyboard flipping...

/clap
I think that while changes could be healthy for the game, they should not be implemented AT LEAST until we have gone through 1 cycle of true vanilla from MC to Naxx (or at least as close as we can possibly get). After that has been completed THEN we can negotiate/debate changes. But even if the majority of people ended up in favour of changes the original game should FOREVER be playable in its unaltered state. If that is lost then what was the point of this movement.
10/09/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Haala

You got bodied in your own thread. Go back to BfA and never return.

Love how people try to change classic and get upset when people are opposed. It's almost like we fought 10 years for classic and want it to remain classic.
10/09/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Lightnìngx
delete this threat

Sticky it instead in my opinion.
Kinda sad I missed this sh!tshow lol
Feel free to post what you want to change. However don't be surprised or frightened off if the majority of posters here don't want to read it or give it serious thought.

Vanilla WoW has been already created, in 2004. The love of THAT game is what brings us here. Why would suggested improvements be met with open arms? No one has ever played Vanilla with changes , so how would the players know whether they like it or not , or if it will work? Rather, why would anyone humor *any* suggestions that were not a part of the original if what was requested was a time capsule of 2004-2006 Vanilla?

A game that needs revolving changes and is always pioneering is Retail. Suggested changes should and do get consideration on that. And that is where they belong.

Wait, why would we have to leave, you're not the wank-police, are you?

You have to tell me if you are, otherwise that's entrapment.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my god I love this thread so much.

I'm guessing this guy asked for a lot of gamebreaking changes, obviously got told he was stupid, called everyone on here 'backwards' and edits all his posts and leaves?

Oh my god this tickles me so much I love it. People just really don't 'get' vanilla do they?

Because the ranking definition of "PvP a lot" means getting into a structured cult to wait your turn to rank, and only being allowed to get a certain amount of honor per week or face the wrath of your peers and screw the system. Not to mention the 10 hours of daily REQUIRED BG spamming, which you can't take a break or you lose all your progress.

I love PvP, I've played maybe 25000 arenas and thousands of BGs in my life, but the ranking grind was one of the most toxic and souldraining things I've ever attempted

Let's use arbitrary numbers for arguments' sake:

Rogue does 100% damage
Feral does 50% damage and brings utility. Utility does not outweight the damage and we bring a resto instead. This is what we see in the current iteration

I'm proposing the following:

Rogue does 100% damage
Feral does 75% damage and brings utility. Feral's utility offsets the reduced damage and allows the spec to be a worthwhile investment for progress raiding

So feral gets a 50% damage increase, a decent leveljng speed, keeps its awesome utility, the ability to switch to two other equally viable specs, tier that gives spec specific bonuses, meanwhile rogues still have 1 viable raid spec, no ability to tank or heal and is one of the slowest classes to level.

Yeah. Why would I bother playing a rogue again?
And considering that every single enrage timer in the game could be done with a group of only hybrid dps before the buffs you propose (only 2 fights have an enrage timer, and the hardest one only requires 9k dps raid wide), why would I bring a rogue to my raid at all over a cat who brings innervate, battle res and cat aura?

Opposed to any changes..
But I can see you did not play feral in vanilla.... The only viable specs were bear for 5 mans only and resto. Cat was a complete waste of time.
10/10/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Urdum
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my god I love this thread so much.

I'm guessing this guy asked for a lot of gamebreaking changes, obviously got told he was stupid, called everyone on here 'backwards' and edits all his posts and leaves?

Oh my god this tickles me so much I love it. People just really don't 'get' vanilla do they?

He didn't get called anything until he flipped out.
Instead he got asked questions that he didnt want to answer and demonstrated he put no further thought into the game other than buffing his preferred class.

This is what we get when people watch and believe streamers instead of the folks who actually played classic.