Demon Hunters seem too strong?

Demon Hunter
This isn't a troll thread. I realize my Hunter isn't geared just yet but I've noticed this across a few characters at different ilevels. To me it feels as if Demon Hunters don't really have a negative at the moment.
Tons of mobility, high self healing, high damage, defensive cool downs and cleave.

I could definitely be wrong, so I'd like to hear it from a DH perspective if anyone would like to chime in.

What classes do you have trouble with or see as your weaknesses?

If there are weaknesses I definitely don't know them well enough to exploit.
They're squishy, like most leather they're susectable to stuns. Also they can be easily rooted and their dps rotations is somewhat stationary.
they only heal when they are doing damage, so if they cant hit anything they dont live so long
10/12/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Felrond
they only heal when they are doing damage, so if they cant hit anything they dont live so long

Great name!
easily rooted, kited, and taken out of relevance in any incounter. if stunned a lot we really fall behind. stuns on are average at best, nothing compared to a rogues for example. there are plenty of ways to counter a dh in pvp, especially in arenas. layer stun into poly/clone/another stun etc , keep us constantly rooted to negate our dps by kiting and once you survive the initial burst, we're so much easier to burst down due to being squishy and not nearly as much leech as in the past.

if you dont do any of those things however, and the dh youre facing knows what theyre doing.. well good luck

in pve we're in a really good place considering how much we lost from legion. the rotation is smooth, no downtime and amazing cleave/aoe. st is also solid with the right traits, trinks and gear.
Haha I just imagine the two hunters in my raid group giving a +1 to this.
10/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Omnixxide
This isn't a troll thread. I realize my Hunter isn't geared just yet but I've noticed this across a few characters at different ilevels. To me it feels as if Demon Hunters don't really have a negative at the moment.
Tons of mobility, high self healing, high damage, defensive cool downs and cleave.

I could definitely be wrong, so I'd like to hear it from a DH perspective if anyone would like to chime in.

What classes do you have trouble with or see as your weaknesses?

If there are weaknesses I definitely don't know them well enough to exploit.

You are correct. Too overtuned.
I think a good portion of it is, so many classes got watered down by GCD changes. There are a few classes that are just plain built better to start this xpac. DH is one, Surv hunter is another. Also relates to the fact that you can see everyone commenting how fun the classes are. I have one of each at 120 but I'm afraid to put in time to gearing them since Blizz nerfs all fun lol
10/16/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Évade
easily rooted, kited, and taken out of relevance in any incounter. if stunned a lot we really fall behind. stuns on are average at best, nothing compared to a rogues for example. there are plenty of ways to counter a dh in pvp, especially in arenas. layer stun into poly/clone/another stun etc , keep us constantly rooted to negate our dps by kiting and once you survive the initial burst, we're so much easier to burst down due to being squishy and not nearly as much leech as in the past.

if you dont do any of those things however, and the dh youre facing knows what theyre doing.. well good luck

in pve we're in a really good place considering how much we lost from legion. the rotation is smooth, no downtime and amazing cleave/aoe. st is also solid with the right traits, trinks and gear.
This. DH is very easily kited to negate damage, and squishy in pvp. PVE they're doing well in dps, but not top dpsing specs. FDK, Rogue, Arms, Warlock, etc all are doing as well or better than DH in Uldir. DH tanking is good enough, but not as good as others. IMHO DH is solid for sure, but not OP like some people think.
DH are very powerful in PvP. People keep saying they're squishy but thats not been my experience, especially going against them as a caster or ranged.
10/20/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Tidestorm
DH are very powerful in PvP. People keep saying they're squishy but thats not been my experience, especially going against them as a caster or ranged.

Then you didn't kite. If you let the DH sit on you, you can't tank them. Thats the point.
10/20/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Tidestorm

Your spec are shyt right now,i can say enhance also very overtuned even with the nerf,when its come 8.1 ele will be powerfull what would u say your class is?balance?alot of class can counter DH,if DH so powerfull or overtuned they sure will beat everyone in blizzcon,rmp rmd turbo jungle cleave are more scary then dh comp..
DH is t1 but there are several god tier classes, and DH's don't really work with a number of them afaik.
The only thing that makes dh "to strong" imo is the fact we get rewarded for interrupting and dispelling. Something that should be baseline for every spec.
10/21/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Dalarina
The only thing that makes dh "to strong" imo is the fact we get rewarded for interrupting and dispelling. Something that should be baseline for every spec.

DH kinda need it though, they don't get much of anything in the way of utility, CC, very little counter play, or anything of that sort.
Stun eye beam n ya got a chance, can also net them
I feel like DH seems strong because people just don't know how they work because they are still pretty fresh. You should just play one and get a feel for their abilities if you haven't, it helped me out a ton and now I'm not as intimidated by them.

Interrupt Eye Beam, keep them slow, and stun them. They are pretty squishy if they aren't hitting people to leech. They don't really have a way to break roots or slow.
DHs are easily shut down, when you know how they work.
DH strengths outweigh their weaknesses substantially. Definitely the top tier class this patch. 8.1 changes could potentially balance DH with other class changes.
2.5% representation boys. Statistics dont tell the whole story but they are hard to ignore