Demon Hunters seem too strong?

Demon Hunter
10/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Omnixxide
This isn't a troll thread. I realize my Hunter isn't geared just yet but I've noticed this across a few characters at different ilevels. To me it feels as if Demon Hunters don't really have a negative at the moment.
Tons of mobility, high self healing, high damage, defensive cool downs and cleave.

I could definitely be wrong, so I'd like to hear it from a DH perspective if anyone would like to chime in.

What classes do you have trouble with or see as your weaknesses?

If there are weaknesses I definitely don't know them well enough to exploit.

Try being a tank DH and go up against a hunter, trust me, you guys have way more tools to keep us at bay, and kited.
If you don’t have a root, the DH is OP. Without a root I mean it’s ridiculous.

They get constant dodge up, plus blur, plus the insane leech they have. They can go meta for over half the match bc of eye beam so the dmg/leach is insane. They can fly above and shoot missile that can still do over 9k dmg per tick. Mobility is 100% on target. They’re cleave dmg is op in arena.

Without a root, the DH is completely OP. They can’t be the kill target bc of their get out of jail card. And it’s pretty unfair that if you don’t play a class with a root it’s an auto loss.

“They die in stuns” lmao so does every class besides DK maybe.
DH is way too powerful. In demon form they kill like 2-3 DPS by themselves in BGs. Its absolutely ridiculous.
Funny how people are asking me to kite the most mobile class in the game.
10/29/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Tidestorm
Funny how people are asking me to kite the most mobile class in the game.

You’re playing a class with no escapes that gets out manoeuvred by a kid in a wheel chair and complaining about DH’s jogging by.
10/20/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Janilithe
DH is t1 but there are several god tier classes

Care to elaborate on this? I was under the impression that DH was a god tier class since they are in demand in most pve content, they're top dps and good tanks too. Which class you consider god tier class if DH is not one of them ?

Can't comment on pvp because I chose to ignore it this xpac, or at least for now.
10/30/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Bignuggetz
Care to elaborate on this? I was under the impression that DH was a god tier class since they are in demand in most pve content, they're top dps and good tanks too. Which class you consider god tier class if DH is not one of them ?

If noone abuses the class by stacking it, its not a god tier class.
10/30/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Bignuggetz
they're top dps and good tanks too

We're one of the squishiest tanks, ahead of only warriors for raid tank strength. We're strong in M+, but that's mostly due to mobility, utility, and our ridiculously strong AoE DPS via Spirit Bomb.

For DPS, we're only really strong in AoE, which is our intended niche. We're roughly middle of the pack in single target (ahead of 14 specs and behind 9, ahead of the top DPS spec for 4 classes and behind the other 7). And even then, Arms can to basically everything we can better, including bringing a stronger unique raid buff and more potent burst AoE.

If you want proof, look at the stats for mythic. One of the most burst-AoE-centric fights in the tier is Zek'voz, and Arms is absolute king of the hill on it:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#boss=2136

And on the almost entire single-target fight this tier, Fetid, Arms is only just behind Havoc:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#boss=2128

On the two-target cleave fight, Arms again wins by a mile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#boss=2134

So why again is Havoc the issue?
10/27/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Atomicfist
If you don’t have a root, the DH is OP. Without a root I mean it’s ridiculous.

They get constant dodge up, plus blur, plus the insane leech they have. They can go meta for over half the match bc of eye beam so the dmg/leach is insane. They can fly above and shoot missile that can still do over 9k dmg per tick. Mobility is 100% on target. They’re cleave dmg is op in arena.

Without a root, the DH is completely OP. They can’t be the kill target bc of their get out of jail card. And it’s pretty unfair that if you don’t play a class with a root it’s an auto loss.

“They die in stuns” lmao so does every class besides DK maybe.

Is this post for real? Like over half of the things you said are made up or just wrong.

I’m Ret so I don’t really have an issue with demon hunters but even against classes that they counter it’s not even remotely like you describe

“They can fly above and shoot missile that can still do over 9k dmg per tick. ” - best line of the thread
From a PvP standpoint, if anything, I think DHs need a defensive buff. At least let us pop blur while we are stunned to our death. DHs are the squishiest class. It makes sense if mages can ice block, paladins can bubble (and then heal), and priests can use pain suppression. If not a defensive buff? then leech definitely needs a buff in PvP. Can't believe I'm reading that people think leech is "insane". It's only useful in PvE. It's basically nonexistent in PvP. Their defense is a joke for being a melee class. Sure, we have mobility...but if you're using your stuns/root on a DH and locking them up, you can't use it and it's end game for the DH.
10/31/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Loucian
It makes sense if mages can ice block, paladins can bubble (and then heal), and priests can use pain suppression.

I use netherwalk as a defensive - which can be used while rooted. It's a three second reprieve before my inevitable death. But, it's on a two minute cool down, I think.
10/11/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Omnixxide
This isn't a troll thread. I realize my Hunter isn't geared just yet but I've noticed this across a few characters at different ilevels. To me it feels as if Demon Hunters don't really have a negative at the moment.
Tons of mobility, high self healing, high damage, defensive cool downs and cleave.

I could definitely be wrong, so I'd like to hear it from a DH perspective if anyone would like to chime in.

What classes do you have trouble with or see as your weaknesses?

If there are weaknesses I definitely don't know them well enough to exploit.

I main a BM hunter (372 ilvl currently) for PvE, but after the repeated nerfs I started playing this character a lot more. This gives me an interesting perspective on how the classes interact since I do a ton of pvp on both.

On my DH I rarely fear hunters. They're just not usually a threat. They turtle almost instantly, and most don't use traps, or if they do they don't use them well.

When I'm playing my BM hunter I don't fear DHs at all, especially if the fight begins at range. You can keep them permanently snared by 50%, which is your top priority. Always, always, always use CS or a trap to keep them slowed.

A DH can use fel rush twice, and they can meta leap once. Once those abilities are on cooldown they're screwed. Odds are really good they'll leap in at you. When this happens get them in a frost trap.

If they break it, and they probably will, then immediately pop the pet stun. The goal is to kite out their meta, while doing unanswered damage. Since they can only heal while doing damage, if they never reach you they can't heal.

Their throw glaive sucks now, and has no bleed. Fel eruption and eye beam have a 20 yard range, which is less than half of yours. Your pet can eat their face, and if you get into trouble pop the turtle shell, but use it well.

I save mine for when they do death from above, or if they manage to land right on me for a meta leap. You can't use offensive abilities while shell is up, but you can drop traps so freezing them here works well.

If a DH catches you and you can't get away, you're done. But otherwise? You will win 100% of the time, and when you're done the DH will be smashing his keyboard cursing hunters.
when your skill cap for max dmg is the literal floor and its hard not to do max dps, it does make the class feel overpowered to most people.

most people are the people you see in lfr and sub 1500 arenas level of skill and to them it is not often they are doing even close to the max dmg they could be doing.

so when most of the population is doing maybe 40-70% of what they could be doing it is going to make a similar skilled player on a DH doing 80-90% of what they could be doing seem OP.

in regards to dmg.
10/31/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Snack
when your skill cap for max dmg is the literal floor and its hard not to do max dps, it does make the class feel overpowered to most people.

It never ceases to amuse me that the people that make these claims invariable have, at best, blue parses (and to be honest, it's usually green and grey parses). If it's so damn easy, what aren't you parsing better?

Oh, that's right, because Havoc's reputation for being faceroll easy is, in fact, quite false. It's certainly not Affliction level complex, but it's also not faceroll-to-top-of-the-meters either, unless the rest of your raid are literally lemon/potato batteries. The only place we consistently dominate is burst AoE, and hey, guess what, that's our spec niche (and Arms still does it better).
frost mages are getting nerfed, i predict a nerf to DHs too, blizzard finally addressing OP classes.
10/31/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Ojoverde
frost mages are getting nerfed, i predict a nerf to DHs too, blizzard finally addressing OP classes.

Did you miss the 15% nerf to Eye Beam? They're nerfing all of the most potent AoE specs, actually.
10/31/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Xaedys
10/31/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Snack

It never ceases to amuse me that the people that make these claims invariable have, at best, blue parses (and to be honest, it's usually green and grey parses). If it's so damn easy, what aren't you parsing better?

Oh, that's right, because Havoc's reputation for being faceroll easy is, in fact, quite false. It's certainly not Affliction level complex, but it's also not faceroll-to-top-of-the-meters either, unless the rest of your raid are literally lemon/potato batteries. The only place we consistently dominate is burst AoE, and hey, guess what, that's our spec niche (and Arms still does it better).

Afflic isn't complex anymore either? no classes are, the most difficult class as far as buttons to hit and rotation is feral.
11/01/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Nhyrotik
Afflic isn't complex anymore either? no classes are, the most difficult class as far as buttons to hit and rotation is feral.

Have you even played Aff in BfA? It's definitely pretty complete, with the dominant rotation, due to the dynamics of Deathbolt and Summon Darkglare, and baking Contagion into Unstable Affliction baseline causing them to prefer maximizing uptime of UA over spamming it like in Legion. Their active rotation has 8 buttons in it (Agony, Corruption, Siphon Life, Shadowbolt, Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Phantom Singularity, Deathbolt), and 5 of those are CDs or timers of <20s. It's substantially more complex than BfA Aff, and at least on level with the Savage Roar feral rotation in terms of how many things you have to keep track of rotationally.
Too strong I don't think so. Too strong for how simple they are yes.