The Q&A on 10/11 has *3x more dislikes than likes on YT

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
10/12/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Solarwynds
10/12/2018 05:43 PMPosted by ZuundeXYZ
Does Blizzard even have a dress code? We don't all gotta wear a button up, but come on at least put on more than your Sunday morning "clean enough" pile.

I've loved Josh Allen since he did stuff on TankSpot, but Blizz must be doing a number on him.. a guy that once loved the game now seems like he could care less.
You don't think that has anything with players berating him and picking at his wardrobe and his hair and all the other really mean stuff that's said about him? Not at all?

If someone is going to stand in the public eye they need to toughen up. That's the way the adult world works, one day you will find out.
Sometimes I wonder if they try to put a positive spin on unpopular key feature(s) of an expansion because they can't simply remove said feature(s) without it having a domino effect which would either mess up seemingly unrelated things or result in completely gutting the game with nothing to replace it. If they start working on an expansion years in advance they're already working on the next one. Would it even be possible to come up with a new system to replace azerite gear that wouldn't take a year to do? idk since I have not a clue about programming.

This reminds me of garrisons which a lot of people started to hate after awhile and wanted to blow up when the expansion ended :)
Not a “valid” proof of player feedback. We’re just the loud minority. Devs will stay in their ego bubbles.
10/12/2018 07:41 PMPosted by Smadinker
If someone is going to stand in the public eye they need to toughen up. That's the way the adult world works, one day you will find out.
Awww... you think I am young? That's so precious.
people need to stop getting mad and just expect the pattern of *good expansion* and then a *!@#$ty expansion*

id rather a 3 year expansion window of good content but blizzard is insistent upon the 2 year cycle and so now were stuck with every other expansion just being trash to buy some time for the next actual expansion
Is anyone surprised? They're clearly in a state of denial that this expansion's a failure, and they're trying to hide the wounds instead of address them.
The stats on the video link as of 8:52pm PST:

902 likes

2.9K dislikes

If it goes to 4x I'll update the thread title to reflect that.
Why are you guys defending Blizzard so hard? Do you NOT want this this game to improve? You realize we are screaming our heads off because we WANT this game to BE better. WoW truly does deserve to be the best game on the market, and the developers are clowning around and preventing that. None of us hate this game. We want it to IMPROVE. Your white knighting is doing ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOTHING to help that goal, that dream, come to pass. You want to keep that from happening? Fine. Watch as this game slowly bleeds out and kills itself. I’d love to watch you all white knight a dead game.
HeelvsBabyface overwiew of the Q&A
https://youtu.be/scZ816cv4bc

Hazelnuttygames overview of the Q&A
https://youtu.be/oIMvHrz749w
10/12/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Beastbashx

902 likes

2.9K dislikes

What do you get out of this, exactly? Satisfaction? Enjoyment? Arousal? Oh god, please be one of the former.
Well I'm not a super famous and awesome YouTube personality but I have my own overview of BfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3ZzWKXaU4
10/12/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Bretherezen
10/12/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Poronroz
The idea that this is a major factor is wishful thinking on your part. Leave the data alone.

The very notion of pity upvotes is a very common and valid thing, and don't think that people who ultimately disliked a video will still upvote for effort. Especially in the case where you're a huge Blizzard fanboi and can't bring yourself to ultimately hate them. So yeah, wishful thinking. Keep telling yourself that.

The notion of pity upvotes is no more common or valid (I noted you didn't link to your relative source) than the often-touted "spite downvotes" where supposedly people who like something downvote it because they are sheep influenced by illiterates barely able to write in complete sentences.

No. People who are huge fanbois are supporters. They are not people who hate the expansion but will upvote it because they don't understand their feelings.

Those votes likely represent the feelings of viewers.
10/12/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Azivalla

902 likes

2.9K dislikes

What do you get out of this, exactly? Satisfaction? Enjoyment? Arousal? Oh god, please be one of the former.

We’ve been trying to have civil discourse on the various issues with the game since the FREAKING BETA. So many issues have have been talked about CIVILLY during BETA. Early on too buddy. So clearly being nice isn’t getting the devs to fix the game. Azerite and general loot is a broken mess, classes are a broken mess, and world quests are lazily done. And it’s ALL been like this since BETA. Yeah, the players are really pissed. Why waste our time with the illusion of taking feedback none of it’s actually going to be heeded? Would you rather we all unsubscribe? Your game will die then buddy. How much fun will you have then?
Not a big fan of Azerite. Also not a big fan why they dont allow multispec on AA. And not a big fan of having benched my Druid due to embarrassing dungeon runs the first few weeks after putting time into him. Finally wasnt a big fan of coming back after all but skipping legion and doing old stuff just to get my void elf.

With that being said I am having fun overall. When I find that I am not, it
simply means it's time to swap games. If you are not having fun then it's time to take a break. It is pretty simple. Give good feedback that's useful but if you find the game going against what you enjoy, leave and do something else.
Why waste our time with the illusion of taking feedback none of it’s actually going to be heeded?

Running around yelling about Metacritic scores and Youtube likes gains you nothing. Nothing about the game will change. You only make yourselves more miserable by focusing on negativity all the time. Thus, I ask why torture yourselves with these petty jabs.
10/12/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Azivalla

902 likes

2.9K dislikes

It's 3k dislikes now.
In the Q&A, I'm surprised they double-downed on azerite gear. Bellular and Taliesin recently made some great videos about tweaks that could be done to improve the azerite system, Preacher had some good ideas too. In this Q&A I, perhaps foolishly, hoped we'd get something similar to the suggestions coming from WoW's prominent/respected community members. But instead they doubled-down. I wonder why? There must be a reason. It seems so illogical not to change it? Is Activision forcing them to do it? I mean, at least make it so that azerite traits change when you swap specs. I mean, at least make the reforging costs reasonable. I mean, at this point who cares that azerite gear is boring, at least make it less annoying to live with. idk, I suppose there must be a reason. Maybe we don't have all the information yet. But it doesn't look promising.
Ion should've told them to SMASH that like button.
10/12/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Huggablysoft
Well I'm not a super famous and awesome YouTube personality but I have my own overview of BfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3ZzWKXaU4

That was pretty clever, kudos!
10/12/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Azivalla
Running around yelling about Metacritic scores and Youtube likes gains you nothing. Nothing about the game will change. You only make yourselves more miserable by focusing on negativity all the time. Thus, I ask why torture yourselves with these petty jabs.

Because we can't be in denial of how bad the game is.