Scaling bug abuse

Arenas
Are people still able to abuse the scaling system? Is cata pve gear with gem slots still BiS? (With high ilvl Azerite pieces)

When does this get fixed?
I guess Blizzard meant cuztomization, with using old sets of gear, still no response from them tho.
10/12/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Shwergen
Are people still able to abuse the scaling system? Is cata pve gear with gem slots still BiS? (With high ilvl Azerite pieces)

Pretty sure it has gotten fixed because I noticed now playing with low IlvL friends/alts actually feels much worse than it did before. Not 100% sure though
I would say it would be nice to get an official response on this, but that’s akin to seeing big foot riding a unicorn.
10/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Shwergen
I would say it would be nice to get an official response on this, but that’s akin to seeing big foot riding a unicorn.

I think they never admitted it was a thing. That's the issue.
10/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Sakanditos
10/12/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Shwergen

I think they never admitted it was a thing. That's the issue.

09/24/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Ythisens
Hey guys!

There are indeed some issues that you guys have pointed out, which are in the process of being hotfixed. These have to do with Azerite gear slots (and gems) not being weighted in the system as much as they should, and bugs with lower level trinkets being usable at max level. As much fun as it is to relive Taunka Time, we will be working on getting these fixed up.

I've raised the cap on this thread so any further specific examples you guys have that haven't already mentioned would be great, as getting this resolved is a high priority at the moment. Thanks for all the examples so far.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769159027?page=24#post-478
(nearly 3 weeks ago)

10/12/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Dillon
10/12/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Shwergen

Pretty sure it has gotten fixed because I noticed now playing with low IlvL friends/alts actually feels much worse than it did before. Not 100% sure though

So what you're saying is... that in an effort to solve an issue where some players were abusing the system, they decided to inflate the difference in pvp afforded by ilvl and so doing made it harder for all lower ilvl players? Rather than just trying to specifically target the issue?

Gee if that were the case I'm sure they would have to up the ilvl rewards from lower brackets and BGs to compensate then. I wonder why they havent come out and stated anything for certain =))))))
Feels like they also take sockets into account now when scaling your damage up. I was wearing a lot of 325s with sockets (not to abuse, they simply amounted to more/better stats) and my damage took a dive like 2 weeks ago.
Be great if scaling was just explained to us. Im fine if my damage gets decreased vs lower geared players, but lower geared players shouldn't be doing extra damage to me just because they have sh*t gear.
It doesn't seem to affect DPS classes near as much as healers. A low ilvl dps spec can easily keep up with well geared DPS, but healers seriously struggle. I've been able to comfortably mess around in 2s or 3s to gear on my alts from 80k life all the way up to 130k+, but my buddy struggled pretty hard on his Rsham with 80k life. I think it's just how the heals themselves scale compared to damage?
So we’re just left in the dark? I have seen no official announcement on how they fixed this exploit, so I can only assume it is still live.