Oh look another Paladin npc gets a leap.

Paladin
If you fought vs the Horde in the Warfront, you might notice lady Liadrin having a leap called Blessing Leap "I think that the name". This is the third paladin npc that get a sort of leap. The first 2 are Turalyon and his son Arator. These two had some sort of chain pull like Rouge/sv.

They get these nice close gap while we get these poopy horse.
Haha yep, I honestly believe Blizz is trolling us. Especially when I thought Paladins were going to get a 8s horse.
And her leap left a Consecrate on the ground. Now imagine if Retribution had a leap that also dropped Consecration AND it snared characters caught in the landing zone.
10/14/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Aurelian
And her leap left a Consecrate on the ground. Now imagine if Retribution had a leap that also dropped Consecration AND it snared characters caught in the landing zone.

Sounds OP, but I'll take if blizz gives it to us :)
Warriors would actually be deleted.
Ret ain't allow to have a gap closer sadly 8(
It sucks because you know it was probably on the table at one point and it was changed.
If Paladins were given a leap, it'd make more sense to make the consecrate tied to prot than ret. At least be realistic with your pipe dreams.
I'd love if the give us a skill like Falling Sword from Diablo 3

"Falling Sword

Launch yourself into the heavens and come crashing down on your enemies, dealing weapon damage to everything within 14 yards of where you land."

I could use that instead of that retard ponny.
Why are you creating this kind of posts?
We can’t get leap or more than 3 secs in that rooted donkey. Fun detected, fun nerfed.
We are supposed to be rooted to the floor and hit with a wet newspaper as a weapon. Is the class fantasy that everyone never ask, but all y’all love.

The op should be ashamed and, if I would have the power, banned from Azeroth straight to the closer of shame and regret for creating such disgusting post
I really don't understand why you all drool over these leaps. They're generic and uninteresting and are better suited to nimble leather classes or the brute strength of Warriors.

I will be sorely disappointed if Paladins ever get a true gap closer that isn't an amalgamation of D3 Falling Sword and Holy Prism. It's that simple. Merge the animation and character displacement of Falling Sword with the mechanics and cooldown of Holy Prism.

Stop whining over mediocrity and ask for something awesome.
10/15/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Photonfervor
I really don't understand why you all drool over these leaps. They're generic and uninteresting and are better suited to nimble leather classes or the brute strength of Warriors.

I will be sorely disappointed if Paladins ever get a true gap closer that isn't an amalgamation of D3 Falling Crusader and Holy Prism. It's that simple. Merge the animation and character displacement of Falling Crusader with the mechanics and cooldown of Holy Prism.

And that's why Paladins are the "meme" class. Always striving to be a super hero.
I like the leap, it's present in WoW's lore(unlike 3s horsie) and it isn't tied to Diablo, because it's quite tiring being a Crusader from Diablo rather than a Paladin from Warcraft.
You could call it something like Leap of Faith!

That's a thing right? Guys? Right?

In all seriousness though, I like the idea of making it like the crusader ability in d3
If they keep pushing crusader stuff on us, I wouldn't mind prot or ret being allowed to wield a 2h and shield >:)
10/16/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Dunmakyr
If they keep pushing crusader stuff on us, I wouldn't mind prot or ret being allowed to wield a 2h and shield >:)

So an arms warrior in defensive stance.
Wasn't there a teleport in the WoD or Legion beta briefly?
10/14/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Rosenoa
The first 2 are Turalyon and his son Arator.

Tirion Fordring also had a leap. Sure, he was a horrible Paladin, but he was still one, and had a leap that he used both in the Death Knight starting zone where they attacked Light's Hope and again to shatter Frostmourne in ICC.
10/16/2018 03:17 AMPosted by Laudrian
10/15/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Photonfervor

I will be sorely disappointed if Paladins ever get a true gap closer that isn't an amalgamation of D3 Falling Crusader and Holy Prism. It's that simple. Merge the animation and character displacement of Falling Crusader with the mechanics and cooldown of Holy Prism.

And that's why Paladins are the "meme" class. Always striving to be a super hero.
I like the leap, it's present in WoW's lore(unlike 3s horsie) and it isn't tied to Diablo, because it's quite tiring being a Crusader from Diablo rather than a Paladin from Warcraft.
There's nothing "meme" about Paladins with the exception of Bubble+Hearth.

Are Mages striving to be a super hero when they Blink instead of hopping away from their assailants and hoping they don't trip over their dresses? What about Shamans when they morph into Ghostwolf? What about Rogues stepping through the shadows to appear behind their target?

Paladins are literally infused with the Light. They are able to channel that Light into righteous fire to scorch enemies and are able to manifest its power into weapons that rain down from the sky, yet when it comes to closing distance with an enemy you think they should just...leap?

We have physical classes. Let's leave the physical feats in their spellbooks. When Paladins do something impressive it's because they did so through the Light.

Holy Prism is an awesome spell that really suits the core of the Paladin fantasy, but is typically outshined by stronger talents. Instead of letting this talent collect dust and eventually fade away, let it shine by mixing in the Falling Sword animation and have the Paladin drop down at his target's location. It would be an extremely versatile tool that could be used as attack or heal, single target or AoE, assault or retreat.
10/16/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Airc
10/14/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Rosenoa
The first 2 are Turalyon and his son Arator.

Tirion Fordring also had a leap. Sure, he was a horrible Paladin, but he was still one, and had a leap that he used both in the Death Knight starting zone where they attacked Light's Hope and again to shatter Frostmourne in ICC.

He cleansed the Ashbringer in one move, but sure, terrible, whatever.

Anyways, paladins don't need leap, but they should have something. I liked Tyrael's sword dash as an idea, shame they scrapped it.
I was thinking the other night they should change the talent that gives you the second charge of pony into a warrioresque charge that grants 5 charges of holy power instead of a stun and does a small amount of damage but we lose the ability to use pony without a target. Call it holy charge or holy lance or something. Ret only of course.

For holy change it to have us apply a damage debuff (10% less damage taken for say 5 secs?) and a small heal on par with FOL. Only castable on friendly targets.

They only would need to add a lance to the preexisting pony graphic.

You lose mobility (lol) for a quality of life improvement.