Oh look another Paladin npc gets a leap.

Paladin
At this point I'm fairly certain the developers are deliberately rubbing the fact that we're the only melee DPS in existence without an instant gap closer in our faces.

I never asked for or wanted Divine Steed. It's not fun, it's countered by any form of CC, and it's on too ridiculously long a CD to justify the ridiculously short duration. All it really has for it is it's uniqueness when frankly I'm tired of being unique; when it comes to Paladins, that usually means making do with a half-arsed version of what everyone else has standard.

I've spent years asking for a proper gap closer befitting a melee DPS but I'm not going to waste any more time on it. The very fact that they keep giving these cool abilities to Paladin NPCs while conspicuously leaving us with trash mechanics tells me they know and don't care what we want, and moreover they want US to know that they know and don't care...
During Legion beta, Ret had a leap similar to Tyrael's leap in Heroes of the Storm, but the devs removed it because they felt it was too sluggish (despite the paladins in the beta, actually enjoying the skill). When they replaced it with the crappy horse, there were hundreds of pages of feedback in a single thread that the blues said "they are keeping an eye on", which Blizzard ignored completely.

They later gave a version of this gap closer to Outlaw Rogues, despite it "being too clunky".

Quite frankly, having both Long Arm of the Law, and Pursuit of justice, was a better option than this crappy Diablo 2 horse, and I have been complaining since Legion beta.
10/14/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Aurelian
And her leap left a Consecrate on the ground. Now imagine if Retribution had a leap that also dropped Consecration AND it snared characters caught in the landing zone.

wow...seriously? I had been suggesting this since cata & they decided to put it in the game but dont give it to players; god i fking hate blizzard.

I seriously dont get how blizzard can fu ck up the class fantasy so badly, even the guardian class in GW2 has more of the warcraft paladin fantasy to it than paladin in wow. Holy pally should had played similar to how GW2 guardian heals through their symbols, while ret should be able to leap around in the battle field to fight their enemies while encouraging their allies to push forward. If only guardians use holy looking magic, and I wouldnt even bother playing wow pally anymore.
I feel like this game is basically becoming "Diablo Online" anyway, and you can see this with Mythic+(Grifts), WQ's(Bounties), Emissary Quests(Horadric Caches), etc. Even many abilities in WoW have been completely ripped from Diablo 3 such as Blessed Hammer, Steed, and Shield of Vengeance for Paladins, the arcane orb for mages among many others.

Crusaders in Diablo have a leap exactly like what you are suggesting/observing from the NPC's. I honestly think at some point we will get the leap, it's only a matter of time.
10/14/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Aurelian
And her leap left a Consecrate on the ground. Now imagine if Retribution had a leap that also dropped Consecration AND it snared characters caught in the landing zone.

Arathor as a ret Legion champion bodyguard also did this.
Ret closer should work like Statis in Starcraft. Target can't move, act, benefit from HoTs, etc. But can't be damaged either until expiry or direct damage from you. Gives you time to close the distance OR run away.

I know, Statis doesn't sound Paladin-y, so think of it as a Divine Shield + Repentance burrito you slap onto a hostile.
What the hell is Ret paladin's obsession with turning us into Warriors that sometimes sparkle
10/19/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Krothare
What the hell is Ret paladin's obsession with turning us into Warriors that sometimes sparkle

LMFAO, that is pretty much what a paladin is; a paladin is just a holy warrior, holy "warrior". Paladins are and had always been a warrior/knight who uses divine/holy magic to empower themselves and doesnt solely rely on brute strength alone. WoW is the 1st game that had ever turn a paladin into a cleric, even early wow paladin did not match up with the warcraft lore.
Would rather a teleport...

Like the Diablo 3 "Falling Sword", smash down on your foes 45 second CD and snare some targets in AOE...

Just sounds beautiful
10/17/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Trelkor
He cleansed the Ashbringer in one move, but sure, terrible, whatever.

While, yes, the Ashbringer was cleansed, it is debatable if it was Tirion or if it was Light's Hope itself that did the cleansing.

What did Tirion do next? He LOSES ASHBRINGER on the ship ride up to Northrend. Does he get it back himself? Hell no! He's too incompetent to do that! We have to go retrieve it for him.

Then what does he do? Finds the only way to redeem Arthas but instead annihilates it. Very Paladin-like, Tirion...

But that's not all! He next builds an ARENA OF DEATH where he pits good, healthy people against each other and against various monsters to kill off the weak. He even gives his full support to have the Alliance fight the Horde in a deathmatch only to immediately after say "A tragic victory. Who else but the Lich King benefits?" (paraphrased). Yes, Tirion. Who else? WHY THE HELL did you fully allow it?

In Icecrown Citadel, he sends everyone else to clear the place. When it's finally time to fight the Lich King, he does nothing until the Lich King is finally distracted, then he Deus Ex Machina's his way out of the block of ice he's in and then takes all the credit for the kill.

Oh, but then he goes back to Western Plaguelands, where he sits idly by as the Banshee Queen blights and kills both the land and the people there.

He came to a fitful end, though. Caught up in his own hubris, he thought he was worth something and got his butt handed to him by the Legion on the Broken Shore.

He should have stayed in the back, telling the competent people what to do. At least he would have saved his own pathetic life.
Airc, I think you have unresolved childhood issues with your mother and the world doesn't need another Ted Bundy.