Vanilla will succeed + overtake retail

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 11 Next
OP doesn't seem to understand what the word "illegal" means, hopefully that doesn't bite them on the butt in real life.

Also there is no more vanilla, there will be something in the spirit of vanilla called classic and Blizzard won't introduce something that will kick off its most profitable product and most popular IP.
10/17/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Sorrie
the same sorry lot who complain about "reforging" and "azerite traits" are going to play vanilla?

boy, are you in for a big surprise...

The difference is when you get that item it is meaningful and can be literally BIS if that's your thing.

Currently WF and TF trivialize most gear and make it unfun.

In the end, it just boils down to what you prefer.
If you think a 14 year old computer game is gonna trump today's titles you're gonna have a bad time.

You might as well re-release Counter-Strike: Source and claim it's gonna kill CS: GO.
People will play classic for 2-3 months, then realize they aren't 12 anymore. Sorry!
10/17/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Beraaht
10/17/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Eisabeu
EQ and DAoC to play WoW, and I never liked the art of it

Looking at screenshots of EQ and DAoC I can't help but think you have an issue with Hipsterism.

Far from it, I'm actually a basic b*tch. But I didn't want to play Mario-like cartoons. I would keep my cubism characters over that. But I've definitely gotten used to it by now.
I'm excited for what got me addicted to the game in the first place. All the complexity and nonlinearity it had. Dungeons were never more fun than then, even if their aesthetics and stories have improved over time.

At the same time, there are some quality of life features that have come since I really enjoy.

I'll probably be playing both, unless they keep up this downhill trend they've been on recently, then I'll just stick to classic and hope they make a progression server that ends with BC or Wotlk.
I very much want Classic to succeed--and I believe it will. I have no opinion on whether it will overtake BFA and beyond, nor does it really matter. They are two completely different games that appeal to two completely different player-bases.
10/17/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Actasanc
Blizzard won't introduce something that will kick off its most profitable product and most popular IP.
Neither of which is World of Warcraft.
10/16/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Blôôdvalor
IMO Classic was about the journey, not the destination.

This is an excellent description. There were so many of parts of classic WoW that I played for fun rather than for gear. SM vs TM didn't reward anything, but tons of people did it because it was fun.
Imo, vanilla will gain more players than current wow which will lead to them stopping development on new expansions and therefore the end of wow with the next expansion.
10/17/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Hascall
10/17/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Itsblock

The people playing on private servers all say that vanilla is superior. It isn't nostalgia. It's just a better game.
You think we are going to get something anywhere near what those private servers are?

I actually do, yes. It's not a stretch at all to believe it.
10/17/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Itsblock
10/17/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Hascall
...You think we are going to get something anywhere near what those private servers are?

I actually do, yes. It's not a stretch at all to believe it.

Those people run around with $100 Thunderfurys.
10/17/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Degas
10/17/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Machomadness
If that is the case then why are p servers so hugely popular now? When is the last time your retail server saw a queue that was hours long just to get in?

I'd chalk that up to Blizzard having bigger servers that can handle larger loads of players versus some dude who keeps a cheap server in their closet.

Could you explain how I can hop on my retail server run across the current continents and not see a soul? With warmode off which is what I play most of the time there is nobody out doing anything, with warmode on it is dead. Blizzard can have the best servers in the world but if they arent populated it doesnt matter.

There are some p servers that run 3x Blizzards player slots with 25k queues. I have seen these on several occasions.
10/17/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Machomadness
Could you explain how I can hop on my retail server run across the current continents and not see a soul? With warmode off which is what I play most of the time there is nobody out doing anything, with warmode on it is dead. Blizzard can have the best servers in the world but if they arent populated it doesnt matter.

There are some p servers that run 3x Blizzards player slots with 25k queues. I have seen these on several occasions.
Sharding. Blizzard has a couple hundred servers across which to distribute the load. Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob has one.
Most of the anti-classic seem to be people that don't like the multi-player aspect of MMORPG. They'd rather blizzard tossed players at them that may as well be NPCs.

I don't get that...
Enjoy having nothing to do when you hit max once you realize how brutal the end game is, OP.

10/17/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Machomadness
10/17/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Degas

I'd chalk that up to Blizzard having bigger servers that can handle larger loads of players versus some dude who keeps a cheap server in their closet.

When you have a few thousand people per server, on at various times, spread out across a sheer amount of zones that span 10+ years of content.
Yeah.
I'd have troubles finding people outside current content or main cities too.

Stop cherry picking.
10/17/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Thanen
an 8% to get a drop off a boss isnt rng its a flat chance unlike what the rng in bfa is.i guess you didnt play classic wow because if you did you would know there isnt gcd at all.at least not to the point it is now it was very small.

The GCD is literally the same as we have now. I have to ask, what do you think the Global CoolDown is exactly ?

And an 8% chance to get a drop off a boss is RNG. That chance is determined by a random number generator rolling 1-100 and if you get 92-100, you win. Here, let me help. Random Number Generator.
10/16/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Chopspin
are in for a big surprise
Heard that before. And that's what she said. Classic forum is that way----->
10/16/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Snowfox
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
shilling harder than the bitconnect guy