At blizzcon will they answer questions?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I havent watched the wow panel the last year because I was not playing much wow and didn't originally plan to come back (but the free weekend in June roped me in)

Anyway, usually they open to questions from the audience, do you think they will legit answer questions or beat around the bush more and give no real solid reply?

I don't play the classes or specs that are having issues but its so noticable the issues that marks hunters have and shadow priests. I know balancing so many classes has to be hard but come on now.
What do you hope to get out of this thread?
Every question asked at Blizzcon is rehearsed. Did you really think they were going to let people ask real questions live?
Just a curious discussion on if live questions as opposed to twitter / reddit ones will get proper replies.
10/17/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Sacarver
beat around the bush more and give no real solid reply

This is your answer, google the last few Q&A's with Ion and you will, basically see what you would expect from a company with zero intention of meddling with their Stock and shareholder strategy of game design. We are only kids in moms basement to them after all.
10/17/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Sacarver
Just a curious discussion on if live questions as opposed to twitter / reddit ones will get proper replies.

*shakes the 8 ball of past history*
Not if they are smart.
10/17/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Goodguygreg
Every question asked at Blizzcon is rehearsed. Did you really think they were going to let people ask real questions live?

I've been to blizzcon before and they used to let real people ask questions. If they no longer do then that's new to me. I haven't been to blizzcon in about 5 years but do try to watch it.
It’s usually just streamers and people who work at wowhead who get to ask questions. For kickbacks, of course
From what I understand there are questions, but they're screened.

I haven't heard of any plans to change the format.
10/17/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Sacarver
10/17/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Goodguygreg

I've been to blizzcon before and they used to let real people ask questions. If they no longer do then that's new to me. I haven't been to blizzcon in about 5 years but do try to watch it.

They're real people but they still pick whose question gets asked.

If they're not comfortable answering the question, you don't get picked.

I suppose it's possible to propose a question and then ask something else if you get picked but you're likely to be asked to leave if you do that.
10/17/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Crepe
From what I understand there are questions, but they're screened.

I haven't heard of any plans to change the format.

OK I didn't know this. Good to know. They probably have a list of stuff they don't want to answer at blizzcon in case of issues.
Also I kind of want this thread to die, ROFL I am on my phone and hit j and not h and idk how to edit titles.

*vanishes into the night*
do you think they will legit answer questions or beat around the bush more and give no real solid reply?
no, all responses to legit questions will more than likely be laughed at and ridiculed by them, or just downplayed. That's how they always answer those types of question at panels, when forced too.
The questions you'll hear answered will be along the same bland lines of what they do on the Q&As, excluding the one where Ion was by himself last month.
I just wanna know who tjey is and what (s)he does at Blizzard.
Any panel on any subject would be stupid not to screen questions.
Yes they will answer questions.

Very carefully curated questions.
Having gone to Blizzcon and sitting through a live Q&A panel...

The questions are screened before hand.

Although, the year I went, I thought some pretty good questions were asked. Generic QoL things, thought processes etc.

Nothing related to what I see on the forums lately though (nothing about RNG, WF /TF, whats the server populations!?, etc... different times :P)
do you think they will legit answer questions or beat around the bush more and give no real solid reply?

It matters. Are people going to ask actual question? Or are we going to get the same Azerite armor question asked 9,000 different times in a row?

I expect the following questions to get asked:

Azerite Armor
Shoulders?
island Expeditions
Random personal transmog question #43
What about <insert rando npc we haven't seen since WC2 here>?
Shoulders.
War/Horde Bonus Mode
Cross Realm pug raiding for horde only? Unlock alliance when they clear it 100 times?
Shoulders!
High elves on horde when?
...Shoulders.

If people would ask actual difficult questions, we might get some good answers. But I have zero faith in the audience because they never, ever do. It's going to be the Twitch Q&As all over again.