Ret Buffs Incoming?

Paladin
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8077-Patch-8-1-0-PTR-Build-28151

The one that sticks out the most is divine storm:

Divine Storm Unleashes a whirl of divine energy, dealing [ 92.8% [ 111.4% of Attack Power ] Holy damage to all nearby enemies. Requires Two-Handed Melee Weapon. Paladin - Retribution Spec. Paladin - Retribution Spec. 3 Holy Power. Instant.

Although subject to change right? hmmm

Btw the formatting is gone. It may go from 92.8% to 111.4% which is pretty decent. 18.5% or so.
I think it's terrible class mechanics... and just exposing it further

1) Templars Verdict shouldn't be that much of our damage

2) Divine Storm should work off our first line talent

3) We don't want more burst and up and down damage, there's enough of a !@#$ing issue with Wake of Ashes being the only viable talent because it's the most damage and gives 5 holy power

4) Missing other abilities and dumbing the game down (the loss of Divine Hammer), to then just buff a singular ability in such a poorly thought out way and just work things around that ability by reducing the effect of Divine purpose from 30-20% is %^-*ing dumb.

5) creating an Azerite trait that just does divine purposes by giving you a free cast Divine Storm, with a little extra damage? what idiot developer thought that up???...
I think the last thing we need is another random proc, especially one with a cleave. You can't solve a rotation that needs tuning up by adding a random mechanic each time it begins to lag, it's simply lazy and eventually causes major clutter.
Lots of issues with these changes.

Crusader strike damage nerfs a major buff and should have no cool down. Remove some damage from TV if needed.

Consecration or wake needs to be baseline. Aoe feels awful and is boring. Wake should also be a 30 second cooldown. Adjust damage numbers if needed.

And as someone above also said an azerite trait that does what the first talent already does for TV is just dumb. That talent should just work on divine storm.

Would also love to see the ranged divine storm come back and have some sort of viable 2 target cleave
Also we need some legion mechanics like zeal, judgement bounce or even make ds viable on two targets.
While I like the idea of not auto-attacking for 5 seconds because I have no buttons to push, I HATE PROCS. Especially low ones like 15% chance. I may warm up to the idea if it was like one in three, but one in 7 is stupid—I don't care how much "bonus damage and healing" it also gives on the proc.

This proc might also conflict with Blade of Wrath proc, especially if you also have Divine Purpose. Then you may run into situations where you have too many buttons to hit, lol. Fires of Justice may overtake BOW at that point, but it also has the abysmal 15% chance to proc.
I find wat you said fun actually, can we have ashes proc as well. Might potentially solve our aoe issues.

I miss my range divine storm so dam much
Hate the loss of ranged Divine Storm. I felt like that was a nice little "skill" move to be able to use that to either reduce your HoJ CD or to tag people at the very end of its range who thought they were kiting you.
10/17/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Eventhia

1) Templars Verdict shouldn't be that much of our damage

TV was this much of my damage in legion, too. I got basically all orange parses by the end of every raid tier in heroic (guild rarely if ever dabbles in mythic, and I'm fine with that) and I intentionally stacked mastery, which is probably why. I still stack mastery because I get the most enjoyment out of seeing an enormous big number fly across my screen infrequently.

I really like the design of a holy damage big strike being just that much more important than other abilities. It lets me focus on trying to maximize righteous verdict uptime and ensuring I get all my TVs off during it over just spamming my HP generators on CD.

2) Divine Storm should work off our first line talent
100% agree

3) We don't want more burst and up and down damage, there's enough of a !@#$ing issue with Wake of Ashes being the only viable talent because it's the most damage and gives 5 holy power
I agree here simply because parses are also heavily dependent on wings uptime.

5) creating an Azerite trait that just does divine purposes by giving you a free cast Divine Storm, with a little extra damage? what idiot developer thought that up???...
the current status quo blizz developer (a.k.a. not the greatest)
10/17/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Trelkor
I think the last thing we need is another random proc, especially one with a cleave. You can't solve a rotation that needs tuning up by adding a random mechanic each time it begins to lag, it's simply lazy and eventually causes major clutter.
Having a non-standard rotation such that you can realistically always expect to have a button to push on GCD while not knowing what it is... is literally my personal definition of the most fun a tab-to-target game can have.
10/18/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Akaidian
10/17/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Trelkor
Having a non-standard rotation such that you can realistically always expect to have a button to push on GCD while not knowing what it is... is literally my personal definition of the most fun a tab-to-target game can have.

No one is saying randomness is not a valued part of any rotation as it mixes the rotation up. But you can't have 5 random mechanics and call it a good rotation, you simply will have periods of button mashing and periods of hoping you get a proc. (Or you end up with a super-clunky rotation because you end-up back logged because 3 abilities decided to proc at once.)

What you need is a good mixture of the two, DP by itself is perfectly healthy to the rotation. It provides that satisfying moment where you can whack 3 DPs in a row while keeping you on your toes. I personally would limit the rotation at DP/AoW, and make it so that you only get a brief open window somewhere between 20-30 seconds into the rotation.

The reason why I prefer a brief window, is that there has to be some sort of marker that you did the rotation correctly. If you aren't doing the rotation correctly(bar randomness), that brief window at 30 seconds should never happen.
I can agree to needing a good mix. I think our stuff is fine where it's at with the exception that I think we should have 0 down-time in button spamming, especially with GCD changes.
10/18/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Akaidian
I can agree to needing a good mix. I think our stuff is fine where it's at with the exception that I think we should have 0 down-time in button spamming, especially with GCD changes.

I suppose that's one place we differ, though my original reasoning is that melee DPS does better with DPS that's compacted in a smaller window compared to ranged, which should always have its damage evenly distributed.

I suppose in this case however, it just means that rotations between PvP and PvE should be drastically different, or that Retribution's main generator of Holy Power needs to be a ranged attack.
10/17/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Eventhia

the same who thought was a good ideia bring back the most hated ability ever made for retribution, Inquisition.
That Divine Purpose nerf though...
Yeah they are nerfing DP on PTR when we are 2nd to last overall in mythic raid logs. Brilliant, lets take the class just above DEAD Last and NERF them more.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Many have tried well thought out and intended posts with details, alternatives and suggestions to help fix our class and give us back a middle of the pack presence, only to have those fall on deaf ears (or eyes in the case of the forums).

A few have tried complaining, but it's not been enough. We NEED to stand up and FLOOD them, FLOOD them with everything about how bad we are and NOT stop till they do something about it.

Because if we don't it will only get worse and worse and worse.
I just want the Avenging Wrath + Hammer of Wrath meta to die and burn in hell, it has been causing issues since it was introduced and needs to just be gone. They won't ever let us feel good overall until they aren't dumping 50% of our DPS into one CD window and if they try to make us feel good outside of wings everyone screams about how OP our burst is.
10/19/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Kenosis
I just want the Avenging Wrath + Hammer of Wrath meta to die and burn in hell, it has been causing issues since it was introduced and needs to just be gone. They won't ever let us feel good overall until they aren't dumping 50% of our DPS into one CD window and if they try to make us feel good outside of wings everyone screams about how OP our burst is.

But, but, people are going to forget it and then call to have it back simply based on nostalgia!
10/19/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Trelkor
10/19/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Kenosis

But, but, people are going to forget it and then call to have it back simply based on nostalgia!

Ideally they'd bring back hammer of wrath as an execute again, it fits with our supposed niche as a single target DPS machine.
My shaman alt does more damage than my ret at equal gear. Makes me want to main a different class all together. The lack of buttons to push at times is also disheartening. Blizz, please fix rets!
We need a mobility buff first