Choice to deny Zappyboi.

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
so not only the horde, but the horde playerbase is also being divided. i like to think how she says that she will deal with the troll leads to the saurfang rebels next bit, which leads to the loyalists next bit
Yet night elves, who have also been !@#$%ing and raising a stink over their concerns loud and long, still get treated like ^-*!?

Someone tell me how this isn’t bias?
10/24/2018 05:40 AMPosted by Skytotem
Choice is Good. This is an unassailably good decision from that standpoint.

But I wholeheartedly believe that the only reason we're getting this choice and that Sylv isn't being treated like a straight up villain and that Blizz had all these interviews saying she wasn't really evil is because she's 'sexy'.

They did publicly admit BfA wasn't going to be MoP/WoD 2.0, so they have to try really hard to prevent that from happening here...

You do have a point though, Blizzard is known for having double standards towards player favorites. They're too cowardly to do anything else.
10/24/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Treng
SURE WISH THEY WOULD'VE GIVEN ME A CHOICE IN THE WAR OF THORNS.

SURE WISH THEY WOULD'VE GIVEN ME A CHOICE WHEN WE FISHED DEREK PROUDMOORE UP.

Silly Orc. Your honor is no match for the power of waifu.
10/24/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Kelrexia
I’ll just be sitting here, waiting for my choices to take the two seconds to execute Belmont and Faranell, and later to pursue Natty as is well within our power instead of just letting him go because reasons.

...oh.

Wait.

It shouldn't even be a choice, tbh. It should be what actually happens.

But, Elune forbid the Forsaken be slightly inconvenienced in any way.
Silly Orc. Your honor is no match for the power of waifu.
Don't I know it.
10/24/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Nemiria
Yet night elves, who have also been !@#$%ing and raising a stink over their concerns loud and long, still get treated like ^-*!?

Someone tell me how this isn’t bias?

Not that this helps much, but two touchups also happened to the Night Elf quests.

1. Starcallers corpse is removed from the beach, people were saying there was no way the Forsaken recovered her body.

2. Tyrande is no longer called Queen by Maiev. I'm mildly confused why Maiev suddenly has respect for Tyrande, but it's something.

But I wholeheartedly believe that the only reason we're getting this choice and that Sylv isn't being treated like a straight up villain and that Blizz had all these interviews saying she wasn't really evil is because she's 'sexy'.

Then you're a fool.

I'm sorry, but if you seriously cannot see any value to the character beyond physical attributes, then that's on you.
10/24/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Withpuppys
so not only the horde, but the horde playerbase is also being divided. i like to think how she says that she will deal with the troll leads to the saurfang rebels next bit, which leads to the loyalists next bit
So Zekhan is hunted down by dark rangers, presumably with the loyalist characters helping, and then what? How do they reconcile that back into the narrative without effectively creating a third faction under Sylvanas?
10/24/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Darethy
1. Starcallers corpse is removed from the beach, people were saying there was no way the Forsaken recovered her body.

2. Tyrande is no longer called Queen by Maiev. I'm mildly confused why Maiev suddenly has respect for Tyrande, but it's something.

That's...nice.

I mean, at this point I'll take what's being given, raise my bloodied lip and ask for some more attention.

I just wish more things of value came out of the Alliance side of Darkshore than literally just "Alliance kills a single val'kyr."

10/24/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Kyveli
So Zekhan is hunted down by dark rangers, presumably with the loyalist characters helping, and then what? How do they reconcile that back into the narrative without effectively creating a third faction under Sylvanas?

Judging by how the message warns that by staying loyal to Sylvanas you get a different quest chain, and assuming they don't railroad everything down a single path, there WILL be a subfaction within the Horde. I'm guessing you'll only ever see it during questlines that involve Saurfang tho.
10/24/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Gavik

Then you're a fool.

I'm sorry, but if you seriously cannot see any value to the character beyond physical attributes, then that's on you.

Oh no she absolutely has other value, it's been mishandled for years

But so did Garrosh, I think the reason their roles aren't reversed is because Sylv's more marketable and sex appeal is a part of that.

Even if they end up killing her instead of Kerriganing her they've bent over backwards to make her seem pragmatic and effective.
I just wish more things of value came out of the Alliance side of Darkshore than literally just "Alliance kills a single val'kyr."
They end up trading the majority of their remaining military for a single val'kyr, one that doesn't actually inhibit Sylvanas's ability to resurrect herself or create new undead.

Tyrande already said in Elegy that their race will never recover, and it ends up feeling like the devs want to cull enough of them to justify never needing to include them again.
10/24/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Kyveli
10/24/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Withpuppys

If Sylvanas is playing a bigger game than we know, which seems more likely to me than not given all the gaps in the story and the undead vs void setup, then the reveal of that motivation can turn the need for retribution (from the Horde) to a need for reconciliation. The Trengs of the world may never be satisfied, but for those of us who like the Horde with it’s dark-around-the-edges flavour and the Banshee Queen, it’s a path to keeping those parts of the Horde we signed up for.

This questline seems to be a step in that direction, but we must... wait and see.
This is a great thing to wake up to. God bless those data-miners! I need to send them some data-mining hats for those dark data tunnels.

I dont care if it has 0 effect on the outcome (in fact I am abit bothered that rewards COULD be different - it may skew choices). I am glad to make the choice.

I am glad Blizzard can see a difference between serving the Horde at Darkshore and aiding traitors.
Well. That's set up for a lot more work then I figured Blizz would ever want to put into the story. Because now there is very much every expectation that whenever Honor vs Pragmatism comes up, at least for BfA, there will be those two questlines, that choice, offered. Old hat for RPGs, I know, but a very new look for WoW.

And given Baines seemingly genuine disgust with the whole Derek raising... are we going to see a more split Horde overall? Saurfang and Baine, orcs and tauren, coming together into a Honorbound faction while forsaken and goblins set up a proper Edgytown? Belves are kinda still up there, Lor'themar hasn't done enough in BfA to get a sense of where he'd lean, and ARs are a total crap-shoot.
10/24/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Gavik
This is... interesting, I guess, but I don't see the point of it in the long term. The expansion isn't going to have two separate endings.

All this actually does is push our characters' flip until a later point in the story.

That's assuming there's a flip point. There are possibilities that don't involve a flip. As just one example, this whole thing could be one elaborate plot by Saurfang and Sylvanas working together to trick the Alliance, foreshadowed by such subterfuge in A Good War. Now, that particular scenario is highly unlikely (there are a ton of little details that don't quite fit), but the point is that we're not necessarily headed for an end where one of the apparent sides "wins" and the other "loses."
Kinda too late on the whole "I will never betray my warchief" considering the Horde did that to Garrosh. If you truly believe this will have any major impact I need only remind people of what happened when the Alliance made a stint about working for Vol'jin.

Hell, there is a 90% chance Saurfang just decided to punch the Horde player's light's out and you end up limping back to Sylvanas, only for her to still be "disaapointed" you lived.
For crimes against the Warchief, Zappyboi has been stripped of his title.

From now on, those loyal to the throne are to refer to this traitor as "Zappy the Lackey", so that all will know of Saurfang's pawn.

If you see Zappy the Lackey, do not engage him, as he is memed and dangerous. Immediately report to your local guard so the proper authorities can "handle" the situation.
10/24/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Zerde
Kinda too late on the whole "I will never betray my warchief" considering the Horde did that to Garrosh. If you truly believe this will have any major impact I need only remind people of what happened when the Alliance made a stint about working for Vol'jin.

Hell, there is a 90% chance Saurfang just decided to punch the Horde player's light's out and you end up limping back to Sylvanas, only for her to still be "disaapointed" you lived.

Nope, you get a completely different ending where she salutes you. You never confront Saurfang because she doesn't want you to damage your reputation in the same way she's about to.
On one hand I'm glad for the choice and alternate questing

On the other hand I'm both salty I didn't have a choice in the WoT and feel.. Something mildly eerie with how this alternative choice is framed. Probably just me being silly and having just woken up today.

If they kill off Zekhan though I'm gonna be royally pissed
10/24/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Fritaya
On one hand I'm glad for the choice and alternate questing

On the other hand I'm both salty I didn't have a choice in the WoT and feel.. Something mildly eerie with how this alternative choice is framed. Probably just me being silly and having just woken up today.

If they kill off Zekhan though I'm gonna be royally pissed
Oh Zekhan is almost guaranteed to die now, probably at the hands of the loyalist player character, defending Saurfang. If he's lucky, he'll be able to burn his own body before he gets reanimated into servitude.