How's unholy right now?

Death Knight
10/30/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Raziael
10/30/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Elythis
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Enjoy the Tide Pods people drop in your goodie bag millenial trash.

double reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
10/30/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Qodron
But dk still plays just fine for what most of the player base is doing.

Not even close to being true unless most of the playerbase is just farming warfronts.
11/01/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Qodron
You’re obviously very bitter that unholy isn’t top tier right now.

There is a difference between not being top tier and being at the bottom. Nice try at confusing the issue but not this time.

11/01/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Qodron
Although if you have an inferiority complex from lack of success irl maybe having the highest epeen raiderio score is what you have to have to feel adequate.

Nihilistic response to someone who uses performance numbers as a valid measure in a game that eventually demands it. I don't like to perform poorly in anything I do, irl or video game. You are happy to get on your knees and swallow whatever comes your way. So the insult is hollow and meaningless.

Talk more while getting all your ranked runs done as blood. At least I actually play Unholy. Even though my IO is trash on both this and my UDK.

https://raider.io/characters/us/illidan/Qodron

https://raider.io/characters/us/moonrunner/Raziael
11/01/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Razeal
10/30/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Qodron
But dk still plays just fine for what most of the player base is doing.

Not even close to being true unless most of the playerbase is just farming warfronts.

Well for his defense, that is kinda true. In 5 mans, Unholy is doing pretty well with their massive AoE. This also applies to M+. We also bring some pretty useful tools like grip, DnD snare, Brez, AMS soaking, ranged interrupt...

Did a couple Uldir pugs on this DK and once I got comfortable with the encounter's mechanics, I was top5 DPS on several occasions.

A pug is a pug I know but I'm not comparing myself to Mythic Method raiders and the likes neither should anyone to have a good metric of how they perform.

For the average Joe, Unholy gets the job done in the actual available content. Not saying that there's no place for ameliorations but it's not like we're a useless pile of poop like many seems to think. On top of that, I have absolutely no troubles getting invited into Uldir as Unholy so there's that.

In the end, to each his own I mean if you think that Unholy is bottom barrel in everything just don't play the class/spec there's no need to bash anyone thinking otherwise.
11/02/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Bignuggetz
In the end, to each his own I mean if you think that Unholy is bottom barrel in everything just don't play the class/spec there's no need to bash anyone thinking otherwise.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/all/world/leaderboards#role=all

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#aggregate=amount&difficulty=4&dataset=80

Facts don't care about your feelings, UDK/Feral are the worst melee in the game at the moment. I only bash people who don't like the data I present and choose to attack me instead of that data because it directly contradicts the drivel they post. I will also attack the argument that Unholy is 'fine' made by people playing Blood nearly exclusively. That is nothing but a troll, we have several posters that do it and I'm happy to link logs/IO and point out that hypocrisy. It's also lying outright.

The only people who actually think Unholy is good are using purely anecdotal evidence to support those claims. I usually end up topping dps meter in M+ on my udk as well. The difference between players like you and me is that I know that the other players in the group are playing far worse than I am; especially when I'm beating Arms Warriors/Havoc Dh's overall.

When you're in the top 5 as a UDK it's because the other dps are poor or you were favored in mechanics in the encounter. Meaning you didn't have to sacrifice uptime to get out for debuffs or you did'nt have to target swap for whatever reason.
When you get enough coil procs it can still feel active, one small streak without and its auto attack boredom.
11/02/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Razeal
When you're in the top 5 as a UDK it's because the other dps are poor or you were favored in mechanics in the encounter.

this is key, if you are a 99th percentile player, you will top dps in most groups no matter what class/spec you play. its not until you get a group of all 99th percentile players that you see actual class limitations become apparent.

but does that really matter though? should we use the numbers of 1% of all players as a stick to measure for the other 99%?

personally i think that both unholy and feral should be top dps no matter what, the level of effort needed to play those two specs to the max is significantly higher than most specs, dps should be based on complexity and effort of input, not balanced around anything else. when you are juggling 10 things at once to max your dps and someone else is facerolling a 3button spec to do nearly the same dps it gets more than a little irritating.
Razeal...

Why are you attacking others and what class they chose to play? You've cleared LFR... I could take a naked level 120 into LFR and complete the same content you have.
Damn Razeal, Edge lord much (even your name)? lmao. Anyway, yes UH does not feel very good or do very well in M+ currently. Blood, however, is god tier so blizzard might have a hard time balancing one spec VS another like they usually do for some unknown reason.
Oh man where to begin...

11/02/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Razeal
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#aggregate=amount&difficulty=4&dataset=80

Your facts are showing a delta of exactly 1636.73 DPS between #1 (aff lock) and #20 (unh dk). Also, look at the numbers of parses...Almost 300k for the aff lock versus 60k for the unh DK

Don't sound so dramatic saying we're trash because some colored bar are showing our color below the other colors when it's mathematically not that big of a difference.

It's like saying to someone who's doing 10k DPS he sucks because you are doing waaaayy better with 11.6k DPS...to the average Joe, it's all the freaking same!

Look whats the delta between Outlaw rogue and Unh DK. Yes a whooping 700 dps yet the rogue is WAY higher on the chart (#8).

To most of the player base, these numbers don't even matters that much. You act like the game is broken because some classes do 1k dps more than others...

But yeah you may go on with your drama because you seem to like it a lot.
11/02/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Bignuggetz
Your facts are showing a delta of exactly 1636.73 DPS between #1 (aff lock) and #20 (unh dk). Also, look at the numbers of parses...Almost 300k for the aff lock versus 60k for the unh DK

There's a problem with the general chart it doesn't actually show the highest dps. That's an average of the max. The reason that delta is so low (false positive) is/are the low number of Unholy parses and the fact that a relatively small group of people parse very close to each other. Which you briefly touched on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#difficulty=4&class=DeathKnight&spec=Unholy

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#class=Warlock&spec=Affliction

Look at Zul. The lock who topped that fight pulled 43 779. The top Unholy Dk pulled 25 228.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#aggregate=amount&difficulty=4&dataset=100

Which isn't reflected here at all. You know as well as I do that the number of parses of any top spec vs. Unholy are going to skew the data because of the low number of people playing Unholy. When you start looking at the very top end and see a difference of nearly half on one fight (many others look like this) and then try to claim that math supports your side it actually invalidates everything else your trying to say. The basis for your math is wrong, you'd actually have to look at a sample of the top or bottom end of each spec to get a better idea of what the actual differences are.

Thanks for walking right into that one.

11/02/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Bignuggetz
To most of the player base, these numbers don't even matters that much. You act like the game is broken because some classes do 1k dps more than others...

Come into the BFA Items/Classes thread and see just how far off base you actually are.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814323/

We've got several Unholy threads going, but it isn't safe space which explains why you and your ilk don't post there.
11/01/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Elythis
10/30/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Raziael

Enjoy the Tide Pods people drop in your goodie bag millenial trash.

A clear example of a manchild whose experiencing That moment you realize you got that @$$ shut down and had to swallow your own pride amongst other things =) from being put in your place and can't mount up the courage to admit you're clueless and wrong

Respect to razeal a knowledgeable contribution to the Unalive knights. I'm trying to hold us down yeah I had to play frost in mythic uldir =<.
11/04/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Sleeps
11/01/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Elythis

A clear example of a manchild whose experiencing That moment you realize you got that @$$ shut down and had to swallow your own pride amongst other things =) from being put in your place and can't mount up the courage to admit you're clueless and wrong

Respect to razeal a knowledgeable contribution to the Unalive knights. I'm trying to hold us down yeah I had to play frost in mythic uldir =<.

TRIPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Raz, look I get it I did some interpretation rookie mistakes so gratz for pointing them out. I've actually learned something through your reply which is what these forums are for in a way and I'm not ashame to admit it.

Although, I still believe it's false to assume that most of the playerbase is even looking at these logs/stats and even less try to decorticate them to fully understand what's really going on with a class/spec. I don't have source/numbers to back me up on that but neither do you and the vocal minority of these forums sure does not represent most of the playerbase.

So stats interpretation mistakes aside, that's what I was trying to say in a sloppy way in my reply.

Again, not trying to say that Unh DKs are all fine and dandy here. However, for the average dungeons/low M+ running Joes out there, Unh DKs are perfectly viable for the type of content they swim into.
10/26/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Paint
We need dat single target damage buff
Start of legion with Unholy all over again.
11/05/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Bignuggetz
Raz, look I get it I did some interpretation rookie mistakes so gratz for pointing them out. I've actually learned something through your reply which is what these forums are for in a way and I'm not ashame to admit it.

Although, I still believe it's false to assume that most of the playerbase is even looking at these logs/stats and even less try to decorticate them to fully understand what's really going on with a class/spec. I don't have source/numbers to back me up on that but neither do you and the vocal minority of these forums sure does not represent most of the playerbase.

So stats interpretation mistakes aside, that's what I was trying to say in a sloppy way in my reply.

Again, not trying to say that Unh DKs are all fine and dandy here. However, for the average dungeons/low M+ running Joes out there, Unh DKs are perfectly viable for the type of content they swim into.

i made the mistake with my shaman to take the "advice" of sky fallers to heart and when i was gonna level him 2nd after this warlock i leveled him 5th. i really regret it. forum QQ does nothing for 90% of the player base which is casual and running lfr. we're better off ignoring you (meaning him and his ilk) and doing what we want. i am leveling my unh dk now. he's 113 i think. he's probably gonna be my next 120 if i keep leveling him at the rate i am.

just do what makes you happy if you're not a world 1st player.
Very Slow. I like it...somewhat
https://youtu.be/m3wHjENeE6c Method NA might not have played the winning team but watch what that unholy DK does at 15:45 and onwards. That is some sick cleave aoe damage passing 200k+
Feels weaker compared to Frost. Even so, it's been my main spec since wrath and I don't plan on changing that.