Island invasions.

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Good afternoon, all! To all that have been farming IE's this week, what have the majority of your invasions been? I just did a quick 10 hoping for some pirate action, but I've seen nothing but trolls and elementals. Has anyone else been seeing anything different? Maybe RNGesus is telling me to give up on life?
I think they stealth nerf the loot, I did about 6 hours worth of IE and only got one transmorg and one pet I already had.

IMO it's always Trolls, but yea that is pretty much all I seen this week that I can remember. I think we got pirates once tho.
I downloaded an addon, and in 50 runs I've had two drops. Two. In 50 runs.

It was stealth nerfed again I can almost guarantee, and if not, then maybe Blizzard just hates my account and I have a shadowban from loot.

Either way, it makes me sad. :(
Did about a dozen tonight and had 0 drops. Feels real good. Even got a black dragon invasion.
What are these drops you speak of?
I got black dragons, 3 trolls, a lot of mogus and 1 naga and 1 pirate invason. That's when a invasion actually happen, i always try to go 4 normals and 1 H but tbh H IE's sucks...its about 50x harder than normal and it doens't happen much invansions at all.
Just for the record. I won't do Island Expeditions and longer. I've done one or two sets, for the AP but think they're a poor mini-game add-on.

Blizzard can do better than this.

Likewise, Emissary chests consisting of, "go and kill %n %s.". Again, blizzard is struggling with originality.
trolls by far the worst invasion, I've never got anything off them ever.. besides some of their casters really hurts most of the time..

either way I'm on more way to really think they reverted the buff on drops.. unless they really tell us any different but I don't think so they are so silent when it comes to islands for some unknown reason.
So far it hasn't really mattered what the invasions are since by the time they spawn I only need to kill one thing and it's over.

I really wish they would flip the invasion and the azerite events around so we actually had time to do the invasions.

But enough whining, to actually answer your question, I've gotten Air Elemental, Mogu, Naga, Mogu, Kvaldir, Vrykul, Mogu. I think I had a Saurok invasion as well, but it showed up right as the thing ended so I didn't get the full voiceline.
10/28/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Brittlehold
So far it hasn't really mattered what the invasions are since by the time they spawn I only need to kill one thing and it's over.

I really wish they would flip the invasion and the azerite events around so we actually had time to do the invasions.

Yeah I pretty much feel that way as well. Usually I just queue for normal and do nothing but kill mobs until the team reaches about 3,600/6,000 and see what invasion spawns. If I loot anything it decreases my chances of getting loot from the invasion rares.

Anyways.

Out of 40ish runs I've done this week I have seen dragons and pirates twice. The most common invasions I encountered were: Mogu > Trolls > Naga > elementals, none of which dropped anything.

I only got 3 t-mog items this week and was unable to ah them because nobody wants to buy them so they got disenchanted by my guild's enchanter.

WTB Squawks already so I can just ignore this content... I will probably just ignore the islands until a pirate island comes up again since the pirates invasions are like a 1/20 chance to proc.
10/28/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Sarrlock
10/28/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Brittlehold

Yeah I pretty much feel that way as well. Usually I just queue for normal and do nothing but kill mobs until the team reaches about 3,600/6,000 and see what invasion spawns. If I loot anything it decreases my chances of getting loot from the invasion rares.

Anyways.

Out of 40ish runs I've done this week I have seen dragons and pirates twice. The most common invasions I encountered were: Mogu > Trolls > Naga > elementals, none of which dropped anything.

I only got 3 t-mog items this week and was unable to ah them because nobody wants to buy them so they got disenchanted by my guild's enchanter.

WTB Squawks already so I can just ignore this content... I will probably just ignore the islands until a pirate island comes up again since the pirates invasions are like a 1/20 chance to proc.

That's what I do man, I froze xp on my 110 dh to farm squawks. I have done 600 rotting mires with pirates, and no luck =/
There has to be a stealth nerf to loot again. I'm just not seeing anything.

As far as invasions go, most of mine have been the stinking Venture Company or Trolls. I've seen ONE of the dragon invasions. One Mogu and Zero pirates.

Blizzard, why make a mount THAT hard to get? I've done hours of these this week and I've only seen that dragon invasion one time, and we're supposed to try to get a mount from it? Why in the world wouldn't you make it show up in the rotation more?

What bothers me most is literally no one is saying anything about it. I don't understand the lack of communication this expansion. It's really upsetting.

:(
trolls and sauroks for me are the crocolisks of the islands they are too often and they dont give anything most of the time..

maybe someone going blizzcon can ask the dev's about the islands and the loot..
ran enough to get the azerite bauble. saw pirates once. saw my first dragon. killed it. no loot then, no loot for any island run, two weeks now.
The more I run and the more I see people talk makes me think they either nerfed drop rates again or there's a hidden soft cap to invasions where after a certain amount you just don't get any loot until reset or whenever.
10/29/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Kungpowcow
The more I run and the more I see people talk makes me think they either nerfed drop rates again or there's a hidden soft cap to invasions where after a certain amount you just don't get any loot until reset or whenever.

I'm currently doing 100 normal runs I downloaded this addon and I will post the results once I'm done with the runs currently at 79 runs..
That's cute, you guys actually see the invasions. After killing every rare, and forcing the alliance to kill the Azerite rare, most of the time the Invasion doesn't even occur until the run is 90%+ done. In some instances there isn't even an invasion at all. Even when the Invasions do occur and killing one or two of them happens, there is no way to know who got something. I just assume that when I queue as 2, the 3rd guy gets everything when my friend and I get nothing.

Those random pugs which farm the nodes, and skip everything else are usually the guys who get the drops. Which makes it more infuriating. Not only is the drop chance low, but the random people who don't even attack the mobs which drop the item are receiving the rewards for literally mining nodes all game. Which then in turn makes them think that farming nodes = rare drops!

Additionally, the AI has been totally tweaked or its buggy. The bots will skip around rares completely now. The Azerite income looks inflated. Getting the Alliance to kill the Azerite Elemental Rare spawn is like pulling teeth. They'll run straight to you the moment you pull the Azerite elemental, but won't dare attack until you do.

I'm so over Island Expeditions. If I have to see that Azerite elemental spawn, and see the alliance stay away from it like the plague when I am farming rare pets/mounts/xmog... I'll literally unclog my toilet.
10/29/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Doppelganger
That's cute, you guys actually see the invasions. After killing every rare, and forcing the alliance to kill the Azerite rare, most of the time the Invasion doesn't even occur until the run is 90%+ done. In some instances there isn't even an invasion at all. Even when the Invasions do occur and killing one or two of them happens, there is no way to know who got something. I just assume that when I queue as 2, the 3rd guy gets everything when my friend and I get nothing.

Those random pugs which farm the nodes, and skip everything else are usually the guys who get the drops. Which makes it more infuriating. Not only is the drop chance low, but the random people who don't even attack the mobs which drop the item are receiving the rewards for literally mining nodes all game. Which then in turn makes them think that farming nodes = rare drops!

Additionally, the AI has been totally tweaked or its buggy. The bots will skip around rares completely now. The Azerite income looks inflated. Getting the Alliance to kill the Azerite Elemental Rare spawn is like pulling teeth. They'll run straight to you the moment you pull the Azerite elemental, but won't dare attack until you do.

I'm so over Island Expeditions. If I have to see that Azerite elemental spawn, and see the alliance stay away from it like the plague when I am farming rare pets/mounts/xmog... I'll literally unclog my toilet.

That's cute, if you aren't seeing the invasions and you're farming you're doing it wrong. You must be doing it on Heroic or Mythic, and yes - the timers are busted and you won't see an invasion until it's too late. It's poor game design and needs to be addressed. You run them on normal so you can get through them faster. Invasions happen around 4k azerite gained.

Also, you need to create a group in LFG stating that it's a Pet/Mount farm and to know the strategy. You don't just join a random group thinking people are going to do it your way. I've done near 1,000 invasions at this point, so far doing the LFG strat has worked.
10/26/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Melfuriah
I downloaded an addon, and in 50 runs I've had two drops. Two. In 50 runs.

It was stealth nerfed again I can almost guarantee, and if not, then maybe Blizzard just hates my account and I have a shadowban from loot.

Either way, it makes me sad. :(

2 in 50 is really good my last 100++++ i can;t even keep count i got nothing. and i would guess im about 1500-2000 runs and got 4 pets maybe 5, 0 mounts and 1 toy. the drop rate is brutal.