How LFR is ACTUALLY killing the game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 23 Next
10/27/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Awkaran
10/27/2018 09:41 PMPosted by Bryce
...Nah, I just decided I speak for them and they say they're cool with it.

Lmao you're so good at trolling!

Thanks for the entertainment /clap
I'm good at a lot of things. I'm also right.
10/27/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Tadkins
10/27/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Awkaran
Doesn't matter because sharding exists.

Less population = less money going toward content. Just because you can see people on a shard from numerous servers doesn't mean the population itself along with the game wouldn't suffer.

What content?
You can tell when the more marginal raiding guilds are experiencing sharp drops in guild membership.

They want to kill off LFR so people are forced back into raiding guilds to see raid content. All the other 'arguments' (skill, loot, "killing the game", etc.) are fig leaves. lol
10/27/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Chosen
Sharding is garbage
So is CRZ.
10/27/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Awkaran
The actual gameplay in LFR is not effective. Raiding should require teamwork or else you wipe endlessly until you can work as a team.

LFR doesn't even require communication.

It's the easiest mode of the raid. It's exactly what it's supposed to be. You can't design a tough raid for 25 random people, all with differing skillsets, ilvls, circumstances and motivations.

If you want what you described, Normal+ raiding is there and waiting.
10/27/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Bryce
10/27/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Awkaran

Lmao you're so good at trolling!

Thanks for the entertainment /clap
I'm good at a lot of things. I'm also right.

You're apparently also good at thinking you're right /clap
What content?

MOP

ToES
TOT
Mogushan
Siege of Orgrimmar

Legion

EN / NH / TOV / ATBT

BFA

Uldir
Battle for Dazar' talor and more to come.
10/27/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Awkaran
What content?

The game content. Do you want full raid tiers of Onyxia's Lair and ToC? That's exactly what you'd get.

10/27/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Notagin
They want to kill off LFR so people are forced back into raiding guilds to see raid content. All the other 'arguments' (skill, loot, "killing the game", etc.) are fig leaves. lol

That's exactly what it is. People just want to go back to the days where the "peasants" were forced to suck up to them just to see raid content. Thankfully those days are gone.
10/27/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Awkaran
The actual gameplay in LFR is not effective. Raiding should require teamwork or else you wipe endlessly until you can work as a team.

LFR doesn't even require communication.

It's the easiest mode of the raid. It's exactly what it's supposed to be. You can't design a tough raid for 25 random people, all with differing skillsets, circumstances and motivations.

If you want what you described, Normal+ raiding is there and waiting.

Boom, there it is. Raiding should be easy.

That's my argument. Raiding should NOT be anywhere near easy.

Raiding should be difficult with the absence of true teamwork, communication and organization.

Not a bum rush loot grab.
10/27/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Awkaran

Raiding should be difficult with the absence of true teamwork, communication and organization.

And Normal+ mode raiding is just that. There's nothing wrong with having an easy option at the same time.
Yawn.

I don't run LFR. Not since my lone run through Emerald Nightmare in early Legion.

I didn't bother with it much in Borelords of Paymore, either. Cataclysm & Mists, however... I didn't have a stable raiding guild and I changed servers twice in that time period.

I wasn't going to see the content otherwise.

Now I'm in a Guild that's comfortably progressing through Heroic Uldir and I no longer have a need or use for Raid Finder.

Even though I don't need it or even use it, I understand that hundreds of thousands if not millions do. Hence removing it would be removing a large amount of player engagement in the game.

Which is why it won't be removed, no matter how much crying tryhards like OP stamp their feet in anger.

No. It's not being removed.

Suck it up, Princess!
10/27/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Tadkins
10/27/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Awkaran

And Normal+ mode raiding is just that. There's nothing wrong with having an easy option at the same time.

Raiding should not be easy.

LFR tricks people into thinking they're raiders and or ready for normal when in reality they were carried through content that requires 5 IQ.
10/27/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Awkaran

LFR tricks people into thinking they're raiders and or ready for normal when in reality they were carried through content that requires 5 IQ.

Okay? Worst case scenario, the LFR raiders who are interested in moving to Normal will experience a little culture shock and will adjust to the difference.

LFR gives people a game they didn't get to have before and I think that's great.
Non lfr raids are just as bad! Half your guild takes weeks to learn to not stand in fire and the other half doesn't pull good dps. I cannot stand doing raids period, but if I have to then I prefer lfr where I can breeze through it within an hour. Idk what kinda guilds you are in, but half mine were boomers and keyboard turners and it turned me off raiding forever. Only raid I ever 100% complete on normal(while it was relevant) was blackwing descent and I don't think I will ever do so again. Leave lfr alone I don't want to bother being nice to guildies just to play the raids.

You spend weeks upon weeks waiting for stupid window lickers to learn mechanics, only to not get any loot! Never again will I do raids without it being lfr.
I like LFR because blizzard said that is how they justify the costs of developing the raid tiers. So all those filthy casual LFR people are the reason you get raid content haha. That is straight from blizzard.

If they were ever interested in higher content to begin with.
10/27/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Kabbie
Like we say at the gym: Stop paying attention to how much I'm lifting and start paying attention to your form.

OP, I want you to find a 1970 Plymouth Superbird with a big ol' #43 and do a lap at the Indy 500, because you petty.

You envious of worse players with worse gear who sometimes get lucky: that's like the height of pettiness right there because it's still a !@#$ing game, and you're never going to socialize with these people. You're like the dude who eats filet mignon every day who's angry at people two counties down who gotta microwave chicken nuggets because it's not "real food" then get even pissier when they stumble upon a steak once in a while because they didn't "deserve" it.

Just raid and do your thing and let other people do their thing. How would you feel if mythic raiders started ranting that heroic raiding isn't real raiding because it's not as difficult?

Did anyone else get that brutal orc feeling out of this?
10/27/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Awkaran
10/27/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Tadkins

Many lfr raiders are mythic raiders as well and lfr is a good intro to raiding without all the toxicity
Well, if the game is dying its taking a damn long time. Its been here since Cata. So i dont think its killing the game. I think its killed a few guilds that's all. People are happy to potter along and do a wing here or there and keep the game very casual. If anything, its keeping the game alive.

It would never hurt the game to give players options when it comes to end game.
10/27/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Clysta
Many lfr raiders are mythic raiders as well and lfr is a good intro to raiding without all the toxicity

If they're mythic raiders, they're not LFR "raiders". They merely do it for more chances at loot on alts. And honestly that's far less common nowadays with the advent of M+.

LFR has been about the most toxic experience I've ever had in raiding, during Mists when I was doing it. Giving people no consequence to their actions leads to some pretty bad things.