How LFR is ACTUALLY killing the game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 23 Next
someone always has to whine always
10/27/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Zaiya
Ghostcrawler said last week that LFR was one of his worst mistakes. Everything Ghostcraslwer did was bad, all the nerf and prunes to classes are terrible and I can feel it to this day. Should just undo everything he did.

Because only having a small fraction of players use raiding was making raiding a bad time investment for Blizzard. LFR allowed them to use that content for far more people and thus really is the reason (imo) that raiding still exists in its present form.
The people not doing the mechanics on purpose and not willing to learn or do them if necessary are very different from the people that use LFR as a stepping stone to normal+ raiding.

The people who don't bother with mechanics in LFR are not infiltrating your raid and ruining your guild.

Your entire OP is based on a false premise.
Ohhh noes people can get stuff done without having to suck up to a top player!! The Horror!

Anyone who says LFR is not a challenge has never been in LFR. It is a challenge to the few of us who stay awake. Try staying awake next time and testing your own skills.

If your game was to play god to a bunch of innocent groupies who are forced to leech off you in order to get into a group, then yes LFR did kill your game.

Sadly it did make the game better for alot of people who aren't you.
10/27/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Brissandy
If raids were removed from WoW then there would be nothing to do endgame and the game would die in a heartbeat

PvP, M+, world content. Why would the game die over content only a small portion was doing?
Pretty sure Pathfinder has run off more players than LFR has.
10/27/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Sacrosànct
First off: To all the people who clicked this simply to call me an elitist be quick about it so the adults can talk.

Now on to the actual point of this post.

How is LFR killing the game? Simply put it gives people a terrible introduction to what raiding actually is. As the old saying goes first impressions matter. If you're a new player now chances are that your first time in a raid was LFR. Now some of you might be thinking that the terrible first impression that gives you is the toxic environment you are in.

Nope, although admittedly that isn't great. The problem is what it teaches you about raiding. In LFR the mechanics pretty much don't matter. Too the point where it usually only requires 5 people doing them properly to beat the boss. This creates bad habits, so that by the time you try your first normal mode you have no idea what you are actually doing.

Contrast this to what the first raiding experience was for people who raided in the pre-LFR days. We learned the hard way in our first raid how important the mechanics, and learning to deal with them, were. We learned the value of research. This taught us something; raid awareness. We had to learn to play our class well enough so that we could do it blindfolded, freeing up our attention for everything else that was going on around us.

The reason LFR is killing wow is that as old players leave the game, there are few people to replace them with who haven't picked up the bad habits I described as taking place in an LFR run. So now not only do you have to get someone up to speed with the way your guild raids, you have to teach them how to raid properly. And because these players are so used to the bosses just falling over from a light breeze this new world becomes disheartening to them. The attrition rate gets worse and worse.

This more than anything else will kill this game, as evidenced by the steady decline in subs over the years.

Brace yourself for the LFR heroes calling me an elitist no-lifer below.

The anti-LFR crowd usually comes out in force when guild memberships begin falling in an xpac.

These anti-LFRers see LFR as 'stealing' the players who would otherwise be forced into joining a guild to see raid content. They don't give a *&(# about the game. They care more about easy recruitment and power over peon guildies to accomplish their own personal goals. Just my opinion. #runningawayfast
Finally, going by the data on sites that analyze WoW achievements, the percentage of players who ONLY do LFR isn’t much higher than the percentage of players who raid Mythic which means the MAJORITY of players who raid do so in levels above LFR and as I said above, they wouldn’t miss LFR at all.
What sites are you getting these numbers from?
10/27/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Sorelai
LFR isn't an introduction to raiding. It is a culmination to the story for many players who don't want to participate in organized raiding.

Mechanics mattered so much in the early days that 30 people out of the 40 man raids could ignore them and the raid would still complete the encounter.

If it's just an addition to the game so people can see the story then why does it give raid gear and not story gear?

I agree it's not actual raiding, but I don't understand why it has the same rewards.
OP, you hypocrite, why did you do LFR and no other raid type for Tomb of Sargeras and many other Legion and pre-Legion raids. Why?
If you are an adult (as the OP claims) and you consistently worry about how LFR effects the game.

You may need to rethink your priorities.
10/27/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Hamstar
If raids were removed from WoW then there would be nothing to do endgame and the game would die in a heartbeat

PvP, M+, world content. Why would the game die over content only a small portion was doing?

End game world content? What? Where?

M+? Nobody is going to be content to run the excact same launch dungeons for 2-3 years. We need a new raid every few months to spike interest and keep players playing.

And “small portion”? Something like 17% of players has a MYTHIC Taloc kill. If 17% of players are killing the first boss of Mythic then it’s not a stretch to guess that AT LEAST 50% or more of players are raiding at the lower levels.

Raiding is THE endgame and the main reason to stay subbed for a huge chunk of players ... it’s not some small fraction or niche community.
First off: To all the people who clicked this simply to call me an elitist be quick about it so the adults can talk.

You're not an elitist. You're an idiot.

Not everyone has the time to devote to a core raiding group. Those players who have time and are skilled enough, join core groups. If you are skilled enough, you can join one of those and let the less experienced players have their fun too.

"Old players" leave WoW for other reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with LFR.

A more accessible difficulty = more subs = more $$$ for Blizzard.

Your argument is invalid.
Gawd these forums are getting boring. Same old blah blah every single day.
OP, 0/10 for originality.
LFR isn't an introduction to raiding. It is a culmination to the story for many players who don't want to participate in organized raiding.

Mechanics mattered so much in the early days that 30 people out of the 40 man raids could ignore them and the raid would still complete the encounter.

What raids were you doing? Because in MC, BWL, onyxia, and AQ I recall them mattering.

What raids were you doing? Because in MC, BWL, onyxia, and AQ I recall them mattering.

MC had mechanics?
When I've started playing this game during WoTLK there was no LFR, and most people didn't know mechanics, couldn't care about it, and all they did was to wipe and feel frustrated.

At least now they have LFR.

By that time, 9 years ago, I liked raiding, I was good at it, but the commitment to raid as much as hardcore guilds wanted me to was a bummer to me. Besides, the atmosphere and the culture of the "elite" is toxic.

In the end, I started to prefer pugs, wiping with bad players and LFR than elite raiding, because at least people treat eachother with decency.

So, LFR took a lot of "baddies" (as you call them) from your raids. The ones you see nowadays in your raids, are a minority in numbers compared to the past.
Even if what you stated was true the moment mr lfr joined a normal all he would have to say is... What do i do when X happens? You act like nobody had wanted to raid harder content then lfr.
How is LFR killing the game?
LFR isnt.
Youre incessant, perpetual crying about LFR is killing this forum.
This more than anything else will kill this game, as evidenced by the steady decline in subs over the years.

non sequitur.
That subs may have fallen it does not follow that LFR is the root problem.
Something about Causation inserted here....blah blah blah....LFR is fine, stop crying about it and exercise that freedom of choice and just dont partake of it.

whew.
There...done.