Please implement raider.io score in game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
10/31/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Nuisense
What I want is a skill ranking of some kind. How many interrupts per run, how many seconds in bad, how many explosives busted, how many soothes applied, etc. Sure a Raider.IO score tells you they have run so many of what level dungeons with what affixes, but it doesn't really tell you what they did. I want more information, not less.

I want to know what they had for breakfast. How much sleep they had the night before. Their last bowel movement. How many friends they had in 2nd grade. Their height and shoe size. If they prefer candy mints or breath mints. And... and... their lung capacity

Oh. And this all needs to be backed up with at least 12 references.
10/31/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Inviscerate
10/31/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Kurtloder
We need to make it easier to filter out all the fire standing, non interrupting bad dps.

So make a group with you friends, but based on this post, it is safe to assume you don't have any.

Damn, This Rogue is so on their game they're oneshotting people in the forums.
10/31/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Kurtloder
We need to make it easier to filter out all the fire standing, non interrupting bad dps. This will help also get rid of all the leeches who expect carries. This should be part of Blizzards standard UI.

Ilvl isn’t enough, io actually shows player skill level and it absolutely should be implemented within the base UI.

100% not interested, especially when there's a timer involved. I enjoy doing things well and participating in things being done well. Wiping and all the other garbage that comes with just "getting through the content" when paired with avg wow players is a thing of the past for me.

if someone wants to git gud, they can practice and do research on their own time. Plenty of resources, etc.

This thread is a disappointing drop in this whole disappointing sea. Raider.io has just given the community (if you will forgive that word being used unironically) a means to resume cutting itself. The tiny tyranny of elitism rages against the bill paying tyranny of the casual.

Everyone starts somewhere, but raider.io ensures that they will not be starting in your backyard. In fact, you may not care where they start, but you will have no hand in it, take no part in people learning how to raid, learning fights, learning anything.

But you would very much like to reap the benefits of people learning all those things. You would enjoy having an experienced raiding community while doing nothing at all to help build one.

Perhaps you do not see taking up an oar and helping the community as a whole by passing on your experience to those who are lacking it as your job. But if you don’t, who will? In truth, if you don’t, someone else is going to have to pull your share of that educational burden eventually.

Is there a term for wanting goodies but not wanting to do the work for those goodies?

Why, I do think there is.
10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Anthaniel

If the supply of players didn't far out-weigh the demand for them, you might have a point and it would be harder to fill rosters so the balance would swing back the other way, but seeing as how there's no need to help bring people up since there's a plethora of people out there who have either already brought themselves up somehow, the scale is tipped away from needing more people.

I grew this skill over time by looking for people to group with who wanted to group with me and were okay with the entire situation. I didn't once demand people accept me as I am regardless of their own desire or resent them for refusing to do so.

There is no such thing as a societal contract or obligation. I'm owed nothing and I owe nothing.
10/31/2018 08:49 AMPosted by Potter
What I want is a skill ranking of some kind. How many interrupts per run, how many seconds in bad, how many explosives busted, how many soothes applied, etc. Sure a Raider.IO score tells you they have run so many of what level dungeons with what affixes, but it doesn't really tell you what they did. I want more information, not less.

I'm sure a score compiled of how many times you stun or dispel something is more useful than actually clearing the dungeon. Okay, yep.

Because that's exactly what I said.
10/31/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Angel

I want to know what they had for breakfast. How much sleep they had the night before. Their last bowel movement. How many friends they had in 2nd grade. Their height and shoe size. If they prefer candy mints or breath mints. And... and... their lung capacity

Oh. And this all needs to be backed up with at least 12 references.

Welcome to the realms of the ridiculous. Population: YOU.
Why are you guys taking the bait of a level 60 that nothing can be verified on?? For all you know he's never touched an M+ in his life.
10/31/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Kurtloder
10/31/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Symbioserous
This is a game not a social media app. Want to label and ignore people with the push of a button go hang out on your twitter or instagram account.

0 raider.io score.

As expected.

I just checked your profile too. You cant even walk into mythic.

Scrub.
10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Anthaniel
Everyone starts somewhere, but raider.io ensures that they will not be starting in your backyard. In fact, you may not care where they start, but you will have no hand in it, take no part in people learning how to raid, learning fights, learning anything.

But you would very much like to reap the benefits of people learning all those things. You would enjoy having an experienced raiding community while doing nothing at all to help build one.

Perhaps you do not see taking up an oar and helping the community as a whole by passing on your experience to those who are lacking it as your job. But if you don’t, who will? In truth, if you don’t, someone else is going to have to pull your share of that educational burden eventually.

Is there a term for wanting goodies but not wanting to do the work for those goodies?

Except we're not the ones complaining, here, you are. There are plenty of competent players running M+. None of us need or want to spend hours teaching noobs how to play. I'm amazed that you even think that is an acceptable expectation. There are three lower difficulties for learning. Teach yourself, this video game is not that hard.

Oh, and the irony of talking about us not wanting to work for it while simultaneously complaining that we won't stoop to your level and carry you on our backs is just hilarious.