Why would anyone War Mode for the Benefits?

War Mode and World PvP
The world quest benefits are so low that you actually get better rewards per hour with WM off. Why would anyone ever turn it on for world quest benefits?
Turn it on for fun
10/31/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Exdragon
The world quest benefits are so low that you actually get better rewards per hour with WM off. Why would anyone ever turn it on for world quest benefits?

Who said that the stated benefits were the benefit? When you put War Mode on, you're accepting that at some point you will encounter your enemy. If you're doing it solely for the benefit and without that premise of an enemy fight coming, you're setting yourself up for failure and a few trips to the Forums.

I turn it on for the benefit that I will at some point fight the Horde as I am sure they do the same for us.
how the heck does a stealth class get killed in warmode. anyway, warmode is meant to be a challenge, and seeing folks complain about said rewards, or people who complain about dying with warmode on really need to find a new game. . .

Most Normal server Horde see so little Alliance that the war mode bonus actually benefits them.
11/01/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Zenretsu

Who said that the stated benefits were the benefit? When you put War Mode on, you're accepting that at some point you will encounter your enemy. If you're doing it solely for the benefit and without that premise of an enemy fight coming, you're setting yourself up for failure and a few trips to the Forums.

I turn it on for the benefit that I will at some point fight the Horde as I am sure they do the same for us.

Battle grounds offers a far better PvP experience then WM ever did. The extra time you waste doing dailies could be better spent in battle grounds.

Battle grounds offers a far better PvP experience then WM ever did. The extra time you waste doing dailies could be better spent in battle grounds.

Thats your personal opinion. Some repetitions can get mundande. While BGs are much more unique in terms of varied encounters compared to raids, WPvP is even more so varied and can be better enjoyed overall. That's my opinion on the matter.

Your stance seems to oppose it and that's fine, but if you don't enjoy it don't do it. Can't say anymore than that.
War Mode on my server is just, "Hey come look at all these horde players camp everything"

Sometimes it feels like the entire Horde side has War Mode on while only 8 of us are alliance players.

because it's a free bonus if you roll horde

As an Alliance, you'd have to be a glutton for pain to turn it on. You'd be severely outnumbered to the point where it would take you double or triple the time to do world quests you'd otherwise have done in a jiffy. The bonus is negated and you'd actually progress slower.

As a Horde, you'd have to be an idiot to have it turned off. It's all free!...honor, better gear, azerite, wq's, progression, the world err...Azeroth is yours for the taking.
I wouldn't mind extra reward but warmode in itself is the reward we were after. The option to make your server PvP is a great one specially for us in rp realms that like to pvp.
11/04/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Ðâwn

As an Alliance, you'd have to be a glutton for pain to turn it on. You'd be severely outnumbered to the point where it would take you double or triple the time to do world quests you'd otherwise have done in a jiffy. The bonus is negated and you'd actually progress slower.

As a Horde, you'd have to be an idiot to have it turned off. It's all free!...honor, better gear, azerite, wq's, progression, the world err...Azeroth is yours for the taking.

I've been outnumbered as horde many times. I think it all depends whether you are on zandalar or Kul'tiras
11/04/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Alfredd

I've been outnumbered as horde many times. I think it all depends whether you are on zandalar or Kul'tiras

I'm not denying your experience but I don't think it's as simple as which island you're on. In my experience, Horde pretty much owns Seeker's Vista in Stormsong valley. It's so bad that I usually ask in chat if it's safe to go there before getting on a gryphon. Once in a while Alliance will gather enough forces to take it back, but those instances are few and far between.
11/04/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Alfredd
I wouldn't mind extra reward but warmode in itself is the reward we were after. The option to make your server PvP is a great one specially for us in rp realms that like to pvp.

On the flip side of that and speaking as an Alliance player who has always played on a PVP server where the Horde outnumbered us 5 to 1, I like that I can now turn PVP or rather warmode off. I've actually been getting things done in the way of quest lines and tradeskills instead of becoming frustrated with the uphill battle and leaving the game for periods of time.

Population imbalance has been getting progressively worst since the past 3 expansions. Battlegrounds queue times were the main indication.

Like gear matters. Haha

Better, why would Blizz create such a broken overall scheme as WM? It's absolutely stupid and serves no overall gaming purpose.
11/01/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Yarrow

Most Normal server Horde see so little Alliance that the war mode bonus actually benefits them.
but i like world pvp...
11/04/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Phideaux

Better, why would Blizz create such a broken overall scheme as WM? It's absolutely stupid and serves no overall gaming purpose.
it incentivizes world pvp and gives people the option to opt out of it completely... no purpose my left !@#$%^-*
11/04/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Alfredd

Only on RP war mode shards. On Normal war mode, Alliance is greatly outnumbered by Horde basically everywhere.