Enough with LFR and welfare epics, remove them.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
My personal feelings about LFR aside,

Asking to have content removed from a group of people is pretty selfish.
"I don't want people to have a sense of accomplishment because they didn't do the level of challenge i did" wahh wahh wahh post
11/02/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Kurtloder
11/02/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Vaeana
I see the pretzel business isn't going all that great.

We’re closing out 2018 with record months thanks to a great economy and our new vegan friendly pretzels.

What exactly do you have to veganify a pretzel? Or is this more like the whole All natural sea salt. Oh no this sodium is good for you! It is from the sea!
great economy
LOL
11/02/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Panoptes
11/02/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Kurtloder
Get rid of them and more. It’s clear people are leaving WoW and classic is being hyped. Let’s move modern WoW towards classic so we can bring back WoW to its successful days. Help me brainstorm ideas.

The most important i think are:

1. Remove LFR, people should have to work to see content.
2. Remove welfare epics, people should have to earn their gear. Make epics epic again.
3. Remove CRZ, bring back server communities.
4. Remove flying.

Yes, yes...

5. Remove mounts
6. Remove flightpaths
7. Remove feet.

Moar classsic!!!

classic still had mounts and boy was it FUN FUN FUN to get some of those eopic mounts .. NOW THOSE YOU EARNED..

I used to raid a bit BUT often made alts instead though I would run a LOT of PUG dungeons as tank or heals from time to time ..

Raids really are for players who want to spend a lot of time to get JUST that right set up to play .. I always thought the heroic raids really were too over the top but the 10 man were find and again those really shouldn't be PuG style IF you want a 10 man raid (if they brought them back) then you really have to earn it though epic levels of gear grinding..

WoW really is the monty hall of MMOs now and the difficulty in it is really only caused by the arbitrary nerfing of class/specs
OP is correct game was better when real progression was a thing.

This current version of WoW seems to be one of it's least fine moments in its history
11/02/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Cindariel
great economy
LOL

What is so funny about the truth? We’re in the longest period of economic expansion since the dotcom boom.

I won’t be surprised if we do see an economic downturn soon though.
It's always funny reading how a bunch of crybabies are so worried about what other people are doing. It's not like random people doing lfr hurts you in any way, well maybe your little ego but that's it.
11/02/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Moonshinefox
Oh look, yet another one of these threats. How about no. Wow could never returned to its “heyday” because the gaming market is completely different now then it was at launch.

Is that why classic has so much hype around it?
Classic will be much less hyped when 40 people are fighting over 2-3 epics.

Its strongest appeal is leveling which has nothing to do with epics being easy to get.
Yeah, let apply the hybrid to all classes that can heal or tank.
11/02/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Furryazz
It's always funny reading how a bunch of crybabies are so worried about what other people are doing. It's not like random people doing lfr hurts you in any way, well maybe your little ego but that's it.

Yeah and it's causing a lot of people to quit

and it's not even about what other people are wearing.

its how you get it, something that is happening to the players complaining about it

Watching youtube was work?
2. Remove welfare epics, people should have to earn their gear. Make epics epic again.

Purps have dropped from regular dungeons and world drops since the dawn of time.

Most servers are "dead", this would drive the final nail in their coffin.
4. Remove flying.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, no. They tried that, it failed.

Speaking of failing, go to school.

It's the age of being permanently offended, preparing to be offended, and fixating on what other people may, or may not be doing, in order to have an excuse to be offended. They're not happy, unless they have a reason to be unhappy.
I can’t imagine actually thinking LFR should be removed. That’s got to be one of the most self-centered opinions on these forums.

Just don’t do it. In no way, shape, or form does it affect you if you don’t go in it. LFR players are doing LFR, not joining your heroic/mythics.

I think LFR is ridiculous and will never step foot in it again, but I understand it’s a gateway to raiding for many people.
11/02/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Nippysmilk

Yeah and it's causing a lot of people to quit

and it's not even about what other people are wearing.

its how you get it, something that is happening to the players complaining about it

Care less about how other people get gear, and your enjoyment of the game will increase tenfold.

Seriously. Y'all sound like ten-year-olds whining that someone else got a sticker from the teacher and you didn't.
11/02/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Nalal
11/02/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Moonshinefox
Oh look, yet another one of these threats. How about no. Wow could never returned to its “heyday” because the gaming market is completely different now then it was at launch.

Is that why classic has so much hype around it?

WildStar offered you wannabe Kool Kids the exact kind of Vanilla MMO experience that you constantly whine after....and died for it.
Remove LFR, people should have to work to see content.
So you advocate the recycling of raids like Naxxramas, which was 100% new content for over 90% of the player base (over 9,000,000 people) when it was current content in Patch 3.0 in spite of the fact it was over two years old?

Or do you simply advocate the removal of raids altogether? Because if the majority of people are not in raids, then raids won't get the resources they enjoy now. They're not going to drop another $6,000,000+ on a raid hardly anyone sees the inside of.

Remove welfare epics, people should have to earn their gear. Make epics epic again.
Go take a look at Mythic raid sets. You have to earn them and they are distinctly different from LFR/Normal/Heroic.

Remove CRZ, bring back server communities.
CRZ didn't hurt server communities. A shift in player demographics and styles happened.

Remove flying.
They tried that in 2015. Didn't go over so well... google "NoFlyNoSub"
Ok Mr. Bossy Pants....we'll get right on that.....NOT!
Get rid of them and more. It’s clear people are leaving WoW and classic is being hyped. Let’s move modern WoW towards classic so we can bring back WoW to its successful days. Help me brainstorm ideas.

The most important i think are:

4. Remove flying.

It's too late to remove LFR but I think disabling titanforging in it would be acceptable. CRZ is actual cancer. Flying should be forced off for war mode. Catch up gear should be trash at best or require another instance of some level of difficulty.