Time for self heals.

Mage
Mages are no longer the top dps class like they used to be. Which is why mages, rogues and hunters had no self heals in earlier expansions. Well rogues and hunters got self heals a long time ago. With the incoming nerfs to mages it's about time we get some sort of self heal.
Best nice because in pvp we will be hit alot more now .
We actually are getting self heals. We already have 1 azerite trait that makes us directly heal due to blinking, but we are about to get another that heals us for base 131 (lowest version) on every instant cast. (idk which spec its based for)
11/02/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Castaspell
Mages are no longer the top dps class like they used to be. Which is why mages, rogues and hunters had no self heals in earlier expansions. Well rogues and hunters got self heals a long time ago. With the incoming nerfs to mages it's about time we get some sort of self heal.

Yup and also the fact that melees have all sorts of gap closers and snares too.

11/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Vaelistrasz
We actually are getting self heals. We already have 1 azerite trait that makes us directly heal due to blinking, but we are about to get another that heals us for base 131 (lowest version) on every instant cast. (idk which spec its based for)

You mean another azerite self healing trait?
11/02/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Castaspell

And in 8.1 their gap closers are now going to be off the GCD. Thanks, Holinka!
I'd trade all self heals for a shorter blink CD. like 5 secs off. Or even, baseline Shimmer.

You know, because "blink is a heal"
11/04/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Wÿvern
I'd trade all self heals for a shorter blink CD. like 5 secs off. Or even, baseline Shimmer.

You know, because "blink is a heal"

Just don't get hit 4Head
Honestly, I feel that temporal shield should be baseline. It's a great mechanic and it was especially useful when you were able to remove it with a cancel macro.
what the !@#$
11/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Vaelistrasz

I don't want anything in my life to depend on Azerite traits.

Wait really? Haahahahha I hope this is a joke, but wait, Blizzard is a melee class so... I will just play other games and keep reading forums... This is a joke. Waiting for Warcraft 4 for iOS meanwhile.
11/04/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Donnicton

Really? But blink has a GCD too right? Haven't spec out of shimmer in a while.
Mages need something like rogues have that heals you for 30 to 40% of your life.maybe a insta mana health biscuit. But give it a Proper cooldown.
No.
11/13/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Moonuredps
No.

Aww is the Hunter scared the mages aren't going to be easy pickings any more? Seriously, mage defensives are a joke. I agree with OP. And no, azerite traits aren't the same. Because you know what? Those other classes don't have to sacrifice DPS traits for self healing that's already baked in.
Mages are fine. Our shields are actually really strong. I wouldn't complain about a baseline temporal or even deep freeze back though...
If you do arena with a mage youd realize it could use something like that