Dark Iron lore/demon question

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
How do dark irons view warlocks and demons? I know as a human i was sort of iffy to have it out during RP, and played primarily as a business woman instead of the class.

Also what am I to do on the surface, would the explorers league let me join em? Maybe a merc?

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Acailga Embercast
Good evening madam, Raveintis Embermane, at your service. I specialize on dark iron and demon lore.

We dark irons do not seem to view warlocks with any ire, Infact the dark irons have had several warlocks in powerful leading positions.

Thane Shadowforge was mostly held to be a warlock but he was also rumored to be the first dwarven Shaman, possibly before the Wildhammers! Now Thane Shadowforge was a cruel leader, but cruelty and aggression is apart of Dark Iron culture. Keep in mind Thane Shadowforge is one of the ruling Thanes who led the dark iron people after Thaurissan’s death.

Then we have two members of the seven! The seven are the group of dwarves that helped Thaurissan accidentally summon Ragnaros the Firelord back to Azeroth. Hate’rel and Doom’rel were both warlock members of the seven.

All in all, Dark irons don’t view warlock magic or void magic in a wildly negative fashion. To the Dark irons it is just a magic that one can use to help further themselves along in their own goals.

As for Shaman, though I am less familiar with Shaman lore on a whole, dark irons learned Shamanism from the fire elementals themselves! Many Dark Iron May very well speak Kalimag, and might even have befriended fire elementals.

In the end the main thing is Dark Irons would not chastise or berate you for being a warlock, to them it’s no different then a mage or priest. The groups of dark iron behavior are split in other ways instead based on social class. If you are a poor dark iron that might be found drunk and trashed at the Grim Guzzler the higher social standing Dark Iron might treat you with disdain, but it would be more for the fact that you are viewed as lesser. The lowest social tier of dark iron are also the ones most likely to feel the burden of oppression like that of the slavery from the fire elementals or cruelty from their rulers. The lower social tiers might even have sour feelings towards the higher social tiers of dark irons because of it.

The other dark iron social tiers seem to be the soldier like tier, of fanatically loyal dark irons to at one time their fire overlords and their emperors. This is where dark iron officers(Paladins) fit in, there is a major rule of the dark iron. Never commit a crime into the dark iron people, the penalty of which is death by the ring of law. This tier keeps the lowest tier in check and in line, Dark Iron Paladins are unlikely to be at a orphanage helping children, but searching for traitors to route out of hiding. The dark iron society is not a utopia it’s s dystopia.

The final tier is the higher class, the richer dwarves. Found noticeably closer to their rulers and tending to lavish more in comfort then the other lower tier rabble. These are your grand architects, some magic using dark irons who have more pull to not be reduced to mining rocks for the at one point fire overlords. These dwarves are likely to be a bit more snobbish and manipulating not unlike Moira herself.

Hopefully this helps, I saw no reason to think any part of your character would be breaking any lore. It seems like a solid concept. As for the explorer’s league? That’s a bit harder, some dwarves still hold a bit of grudges against their other clans. If you were to join the explorer’s league, you might want to adhere to their mind set and not summon demons around them. Where as Dark Irons don’t care if your a warlock, it seems that Bronzebeard’s are not so open minded, it would be courteous to them to respect their wishes. Remember lass your a dark iron. We are courteous and respectful(mostly higher social tier), but also incredibly ruthless and savage when the moment calls for it.
Thank you for the info- i just turned dark iron without research yesterday after writing myself into the death of my human lock.

Very much appreciated!
One thing to remember about openly role playing a warlock of any race is that -you- are the one in charge. The demon is not your friend, advisor, lover, and definitely not your master.

Most likely, this is why they were so tolerated by the Darkirons. Their society revolves around controlling those beneath you, so it wouldn’t occur to them to be concerned about which was the Master, demon or dwarf.
11/06/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Goramn
One thing to remember about openly role playing a warlock of any race is that -you- are the one in charge. The demon is not your friend, advisor, lover, and definitely not your master.

Most likely, this is why they were so tolerated by the Darkirons. Their society revolves around controlling those beneath you, so it wouldn’t occur to them to be concerned about which was the Master, demon or dwarf.
Cool, not much for love stories in wow, and have enough friends, i can be in control :)