Anyone else canceled their sub after this Blizzcon?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Pls unsub from the forums also.
You can go through life and be positive and appreciate what you have or you can go through life and be negative and never be happy.

That isn't to say you can't be unhappy with some things or is it saying you have to like everything. It's just simply....there is a lot to like about this game and a lot of people see it. Some don't. That's okay. No one is forcing you to play. But I bet if some of those folks complaining had some good friends to log on with they'd find fun things to do.

Unfortunately I think a lot of folks who complain and leave don't have a lot of close knit friends inside the game. That makes a huge difference. I can't tell you how many nights I'll be so tired and not want to play but will pop in just so I can herb or fish and talk to friends. So maybe if your so unhappy make a few friends in game. Just some advice.
11/05/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Lightvoìd
Nothing happening in WoW until Feb, no new allied races til feb/march, no system changes/fixes until 8.2 which will be around july/august if any, and no signs of any allied race beyond that so we probably wont see any new race until december next year at the earliest.

Plus lets not forget Diablo Immortal and Lucio-ohs showing that Blizzard doens't care about their gaming crowd at all. And considering how dead Starcraft is, how much of a non competitor HotS is, it seems the only game they treat 'well' ATM is Hearthstone since its already a mobile game.

Will I come back? Maybe, if blizzard fixes things. But I doubt they will at this point if they weren't expecting the backlash they got at the Diablo Immortal announcement. (Yes, they admitted the backlash was unexpected, which the old Diablo 2 producer pointed out when he roasted Blizzard over this.)

Look up the tweets by Mark Kern, the former producer of Diablo 2. He highlights the whole problem with Blizzard right now and why I don't think things will improve, they'll only get worse and worse.

Next year City of Titans comes out. Anyone remember City of Heroes? This is the fan made spiritual successor, and its pretty good so far.

Hahahah funny thing 2 friends who left messaged me to say they just resubbed because of blizzcon haha too funny.
Lot of good games coming out, think im at the acceptance stage atm. 8.2 looks alright, and if enough people stick around until 8.1 it'll be nice trying that raid out assuming I won't have to pug by then. If not, well no king rules forever.
11/05/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Lightvoìd
Nothing happening in WoW until Feb, no new allied races til feb/march, no system changes/fixes until 8.2 which will be around july/august if any, and no signs of any allied race beyond that so we probably wont see any new race until december next year at the earliest.

I thought the patch is next month.
Nope. The game is still going forward without the 12 people who unsubbed.
"You guys have phones."
Me: What?
Can not wait till WOW is on a mobile phone. (sarcasm).
I'm ready for a break until 8.2 but my wife is having fun so, eh, I don't know

I was at least expecting some new allied race announcements. As far as Wow is concerned Blizzcon was okay. We got a good frame work of what's ahead. Just not really anything super exciting.

I am looking forward to Nazjatar immensely.
No, but I laughed a lot.
Definitely going to dial back my play time. There just doesn't seem to be a lot going on for 8.1.
I still have about 3 months left. I do not plan to renew my subscription until the fixes actually come. I do not have the pathfinder yet, will get it probably after they fix everything. I think Blizzard is falling, another reason why I unsubbed. Oh, well it can only get better when their stock drops. At least that is what should happen. Until that, GG and HF ;)
I canceled before, does that count?
Nope. Looking forward to making a hulking big bellied Kul’Tiran monk and the new zones.
11/06/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Conorn
Just remember one thing:

Could anyone have done worse?

https://imgur.com/qXeoMm5

The answer is there.

Well seeing how Blizzard announced that Diablo is going to mobile. They are doing the same thing that EA is doing. Remember C&C? It is now a mobile game. The targeted market did not get the game they wanted from EA. So, Blizzard has fallen low as EA.
Complete Weekly Quest
Raid Uldir
Do Mythic + Run
Complete Island Expedition
Complete Daily Quests to improve faction Reps
Farm for Fish, Herbs for Food Buffs, Potions and Flasks
Maybe do some PvP
Do Warfront when it's up

I can only do 2 to 4 hours a day, 4 to 6 days a week. I am really casual. Now, 8.1 and 8.2 are coming and theres more stuff to do? I am a bit overwhelmed as casual.

I am busy having fun in WoW while I enjoy taking out my wife and daughter to places they want to go every week.
11/05/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Dvis
All of you who've cancelled your subs -- how much time do you actually still have on them before you can no longer post?

I'm curious.. my sub ends Nov 22, and I don't know if I'll resub now, or come back toward end of the year/mid January. But I know some people have months already bought from tokens, so when someone says "I cancelled my sub" but they'll still be posting for 6 months ... kinda defeats the purpose in my eyes.

My account closes on Nov. 12th
So I do prepaid cards. 2 months on, one month off, and after that Blizzcon, I'll wait till after 8.1 is released, and even then I'll say maybe near Christmas is when I will be back.

The Tone deafness just puts me off.
11/05/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Daemonium
I let my sub slide months ago and came back only for the Hallows End holiday (goes dark again on the 7th). Although I have no desire to purchase or play BfA I'm surprised (even though it always happens) that so many people bash the Devs about how broken everything is because the expansion is rushed just so that the 2nd string can bash them for taking too long to iron out the issues and come up with new content.

If you really are enjoying BfA, I'm truly happy for you. If you don't have the patience to wait for Blizzard to iron things out properly, then at least cut them some slack when the fixes don't work either because they were rushed.

Just my two cents. Y'all have fun and maybe I'll see you in the future for another holiday.

Toodles. :)

They had an entire beta cycle to fix things but completely ignored feedback and fixed nothing. They had the nerve to charge premium dollars for an expansion that out of the box, still lacked completed character builds and worse, retained all the bad aspects/features of which beta testers advised them.

So no slack from me. You released it as "final" and it was just unfinished rubbish that is unfun and unrewarding.
Not unsubbing but definitely slowing down, which is fine.
I do have a couple more characters to gear up. I want to have more options when the next raid hits.
Then I can take the time to level up profs, and catch up on pet collecting.
Down time can be good.
Resubbing SoonTM

Summer 2019 ;)