Make Shadowburn an execute again

Warlock
this new shadowburn feels terrible to use, it's a movement spell that does almost as much damage as destro's filler spell. (basically, a worse fel flame) what happened to sniping with havoc and shadowburn? that was lots of fun.

pls blizzard.
yes
I don't even care if it's an execute or not to be honest. Just going back to being a baseline shard SPENDER and not generator would be fine with me. Though the mechanic of refunding a shard when it kills an enemy would lend more to being an execute than anything else. It would help destro's mobility issues too.

11/05/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Zalgo
what happened to sniping with havoc and shadowburn? that was lots of fun.

It was the most fun part of destro in mop and wod honestly. I'm surprised the devs don't understand that.
Bump...
I've been asking for this since they took it out. I don't understand why they got rid of almost every classes' execute.
I would like for it to be an execute again as well. That is one thing I find us missing as destro. I am always having trouble finishing people off. Perhaps this would be the answer.
11/07/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Torakk
I would like for it to be an execute again as well. That is one thing I find us missing as destro. I am always having trouble finishing people off. Perhaps this would be the answer.
That and fel flame
I had forgotten fel flame even exsisted.
I used to LOVE shadowburn in vanilla/tbc.

I'd probably use in bfa it if they took it off the GCD. It was a nice extra punch to add to the end of a chaosbolt/conflag. But being on the GCD and making it a shard builder makes it nearly pointless.
I miss mixing shadow burns with havoc. It added just that extra layer of depth to the spec that really helped make it that much better.
This is a good idea. Shadowburn hits like a wet noodle right now. Can you maybe double the damage, remove the charges, and have it only usable at 25% or less target health like execute? It would be way more competative then.
Maybe it's just me, but I have nightmare flashbacks from TBC and Wotlk when you we had to farm shards and Shadowburn would just waste them away...

Which makes me so happy its no longer like that. I'm sorry guys, but I don't think it should cost soul shards just to do more damage. The only high damage spell should be Chaos, and Shadowburn already does as much damage as Incinerate.

11/10/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Onusbro
This is a good idea. Shadowburn hits like a wet noodle right now. Can you maybe double the damage, remove the charges, and have it only usable at 25% or less target health like execute? It would be way more competative then.

That's too much like Shadow Word: Death for Shadow Priests, which we need to avoid just like how we no longer have Drain Life as a filler (Because drains as fillers have always been and should always be a shadow priest thing, not a lock thing. Locks have always had drains for specific uses, health or soul shards).
Just bring back MoP Shadowburn.
Shadowburn feels more like it's occupying a nice little niche at this point. I've been running it in pvp as an on the go builder with a built in CD reset, which can be really nice in bg's.

But where I've really found it helpful is on explosive weeks in m+, it really fills in the gaps when conflagrate is on cooldown.
11/13/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Reyvira
Just bring back MoP Shadowburn.

Just bring back a LOT of things from mop =/