Mage Class Designer? Dev? Anything?

Mage
Is there an actual dedicated mage class designer? Have they ever played arcane for more than three minutes? I swear I really think that this class and this spec has been completely forgotten. I mean I realize that shamans, shadow priests, and ferals are broken . . . but legit if they think that the state of mages (regardless of spec) are fine . . . I am really concerned.
The class devs got transferred to Actizzard's next mobile game.
I think with arcane they wanted to create a mindless, easy-to-play spec for the casuals who now basically control what happens in the game (and anyone who thinks this game ISN'T now based solely on keeping casual players happy is kidding themselves).

Arcane always had a skill cap which was lowered a bit in Legion but now you basically can play arcane one handed by pushing one button with the occasional second button to clear charges and still do decent damage numbers.

Casual mages everywhere rejoiced and those of us who liked arcane with a bit of strategy and skill to it all moved on to other specs.
Actually, blaming this on casuals is just wayyyy off base. A lot of the real casual players I know have quit. They don't enjoy/have time for raids and find M+ too much of a chore. LFG is kind of useless, since it only works for heroics, which are pointless. World content is pretty much pointless after a couple of weeks.

Actually, I think it is the casuals that are becoming the biggest casualties of BfA. The bad design of Arcane is because of bad, lazy class developers. Period.
11/08/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Aedrid
I think with arcane they wanted to create a mindless, easy-to-play spec for the casuals who now basically control what happens in the game (and anyone who thinks this game ISN'T now based solely on keeping casual players happy is kidding themselves).

Arcane always had a skill cap which was lowered a bit in Legion but now you basically can play arcane one handed by pushing one button with the occasional second button to clear charges and still do decent damage numbers.

Casual mages everywhere rejoiced and those of us who liked arcane with a bit of strategy and skill to it all moved on to other specs.
Then how are you playing it wrong right now
11/08/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Aedrid

Uh, when was arcane hard to play? In wrath at least the PVE rotation was even simpler than it is now. I would say the skill cap in PvP for arcane has gone up since wrath if nothing else because there are lots of clever ways to land poly using shimmer.
I don't know where this "BFA was made for casuals" comes from because it's literally the worst xpac for casuals (WoD had garrisons at least) There's basically nothing worth doing atm besides M+ and raids, everything else is just AP grind and there's no point to grind it if you're not doing progression content.
Filthy Casuals.
11/08/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Curzè
The class devs got transferred to Actizzard's next mobile game.

The Warcraft 4 Undying.
Someone at Blizzard is probably laughing so hard reading these threads, seeing that people actually believe there are class devs lol.
LOL devs dont PLAY this game. The Devs that actually played this game are long gone.

Did you really need anyone to tell you that?
I just hope when they are done with the other classes they realize we are a bit low. I think the only reason mage isn't being looked at is because 1) we have utility and 2) people keep screaming for mages to be nerfed because of pvp.

The whole "but you have utility" tax is past its prime. Most classes have some sort of utility now, and they don't have a tax.

Even though they can literally balance pvp separate from pve, they seem to avoid it at all costs.
I honestly think the class devs got scrapped back in/before WoD.... Think it's been a relatively small collective panel since with no class dedication at all.
Activision cut out Blizzard's resources and gutted the development department long ago.... They've not had enough people to dedicate to specific classes.