How to improve MG horde.

Moon Guard
These are some ideas I had to help improve the MG horde community. I already psted some of these to Flywheel so I thought this would be a good place to get them out there. If you have any of ya own feel free to post them in this thread.

1. Market MG Horde the same way MG Alliance is: What draws people to MG Alliance despite Goldshire is the fact we are very laid back here. We are the kind of place if you want to rp something that is a bit out there (as long as it is not too out there) you will find a home. Now I am SURE there are people on WRA Horde who are looking for that kind of community and if we market MG Horde to be that we will get a lot of new people.

2. increase the amount of walk up rp: Now I like rping in guilds. I have a good guild on my man. However I also enjoy going going out rping with Random people. It in my opinion keeps the RP varied. Now MG Horde this is not as prevalent but is easy to fix. If you are taking a break just hang out and Silvermoon or Org IC or if ya see someone who is IC approach them. This will also give people an option who want to play MG horde but do not want to join a guild which leads me to...

Don't punish people who want to experiment with guilds: Sometimes a guild is not a fit for IC or OOC (such as time schedule) reasons. However in MG horde, people who leave a guild are branded a "guild hopper" and shunned by the community. This in my opinion is wrong. If we wish to build a TRUE community we must be willing to understand that just because a person may not fit in with one guild does not mean he wont fit in with another.
Joining a guild is often considered a big step. It shouldn't be. Although most of them are just gatherings of friends with some ties between their characters, not every organisation one joins in life will be forever and the same goes for our characters. Lack of permanence gives perspective to permanence. Not being in someone's guild doesn't make you their rival, and them leaving your guild doesn't mean you'll never see them again.
I see you've already reached out to Flywheel, which is great! Fly's been doing awesome things to help kick MG Horde RP in the butt, getting it moving.

11/09/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Rwargam
1. Market MG Horde the same way MG Alliance is:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763946341

2. increase the amount of walk up rp:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769728375

Don't punish people who want to experiment with guilds:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769039857

I hope you take the time to look at the threads linked here. Granted, the third one doesn't exactly fit your last idea, but it is the closest thing I think we currently have on the forums that comes near the discussion of Guild Hopping.

Your ideas are all on point, and following through with those would definitely help to increase RP on Horde. And I didn't link these threads to say "dude, someone's way ahead of you", but more to direct your voice towards one of those other threads, because they are mostly in relation to the very issues you bring up.

Either way, good on you for exploring Horde on MG and I hope it sticks for you, at least better than it did for me.
MG Horde will never recover in terms of RP and it's sad to say considering it has been my home since Wrath.. We have lost too many people and continue to lose people.

I applaud those who do try to get more people/get people to stay. They are really putting in a lot of effort, but it's only a matter of time.
11/10/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Dloin
I hope you take the time to look at the threads linked here. Granted, the third one doesn't exactly fit your last idea, but it is the closest thing I think we currently have on the forums that comes near the discussion of Guild Hopping.

I see what ya saying and I like the likes you gave me them however I like to point out the first suggestion had nothing to do with an in game marketplace rather how we are appear to a person who is trying to decide between MG Horde and the rest of the Horde RP communities (most noticeably WRA horde)

Basically I want people to look at MG Horde and see a more laid back, less restricting alternative to WRA horde (just like how MG Alliance is to WRA Alliance).

This bring me to another suggested I had.

4. Use the MG Wiki: So MG has it's own wiki where we post char/guild bios and server lore such as in game events here is the link

http://moon-guard.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

However it is mostly Alliance stuff. Having a few more Horde Bio's and events would be VERY helpful in helping us get our name out there.

11/10/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Avrek
MG Horde will never recover in terms of RP and it's sad to say considering it has been my home since Wrath.. We have lost too many people and continue to lose people.

I applaud those who do try to get more people/get people to stay. They are really putting in a lot of effort, but it's only a matter of time.

I would not give up the ship yet. I have seen people going away from WRA from the supposed elitism going on there. If we can offer a home to those people we could see a spike in MG horde rp.
The MG Wiki promotes Horde adding to it as best they can. They do encourage anyone Horde side to add their characters, guilds, events, businesses and whatnot.
11/10/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Moranai
The MG Wiki promotes Horde adding to it as best they can. They do encourage anyone Horde side to add their characters, guilds, events, businesses and whatnot.

I mean in the sense we need more people ADDING to that wiki.
It's a process. :)
11/10/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Avrek

Aren't you just a bundle of sunshine.
I'm honestly not sure what you mean with respect to shunning people who leave guilds on Horde side. If that happens, it most certainly isn't something that is happening everywhere.
11/10/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Larrendias
I'm honestly not sure what you mean with respect to shunning people who leave guilds on Horde side. If that happens, it most certainly isn't something that is happening everywhere.

I learned about it from this quote in the thread about creating more Walk up Rp for Horde.

MG Horde is much more Guild focus. WrA, doesn't seem to really care about the ideal of a Guild and a lot of times you find people Guild hopping a lot. That would never fly on MG as they would be brand a Guild hopper and generally shun from the community, because it is offsetting.

That is why WrA Horde seems so much bigger, everyone is out in Org/Silvermoon RP'ing while MG people wait for large server events to attend with their guild.