"Make the game harder!!!" is Virtue Signalling

General Discussion
Usually when someone complains the game is too easy, they've only done LFR.
11/11/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Snowfox
11/11/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Nevergiveup
I just don't understand why you are supporting the OP when you don't care about the difficult content of the game?

Because you are just projecting and making things up in your head about me.

Well if that is the case maybe I misunderstood the point of your first post. If so I apologize, I didn't mean to be antagonistic, just frustrated seeing these kind of threads over and over that all just circle around saying the same thing.
11/11/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Aliandrin
11/11/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Spellchaser
Oh, boy. Another "everybody sucks but me, and I know all of you suck because I'm psychic" post.

Just what we needed.

This is kinda the opposite of what this post is about.

Nope. You addressed an open letter to every reader telling them they were bad players who abandon instances. You said that I personally abandon instances.

Over and over you said "you do this" and "you do that".

Seriously. Get over yourself.
I think you're right for the most part.

The game lacks good mentors and people who have a tolerance for teaching/giving under performers a chance.

Part of the problem is too many people have this delusion that they're in cutting edge guilds, when they really aren't. They get big ego because they're the big fish in the small pond.

People who make mistakes happen. It doesn't really bother me unless they show no improvement over time.

The game is easy though. But I've played it for years, across a variety of specs and classes.
11/11/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Nevergiveup
11/11/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Snowfox
Because you are just projecting and making things up in your head about me.

Well if that is the case maybe I misunderstood the point of your first post. If so I apologize, I didn't mean to be antagonistic, just frustrated seeing these kind of threads over and over that all just circle around saying the same thing.

It's okay.. I actually do play quite a bit though. Was hardcore raider/pvp back in classic, main tank in wotlk for a diff raid guild. I understand the importance of hardmode play to wow, just as I understand the importance of casual play to wow too.
11/11/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Spellchaser
11/11/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Aliandrin
This is kinda the opposite of what this post is about.

Nope. You addressed an open letter to every reader telling them they were bad players who abandon instances.

Nope. I said they were hypocritical players who abandon instances.

11/11/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Spellchaser
You said that I personally abandon instances.

Over and over you said "you do this" and "you do that".

Read what I wrote. In the first paragraph. You're just salty because I kind of hit the nail on the head.

Once again: If you don't do this, fine, but you're an outlier.

I'm addressing the vast majority of forum posters who pretend to both skill AND sainthood.

"I don't abandon instances! No siree, not me!"

"I'm so frickin' amazing! Much better than LFR trash!"

If you're not like this, fine, but most people are. Most people will also lie about being leavers.

Anyone who plays the game and reads the forums can notice the disconnect.

And I admit I'm not psychic. If you're the outlier, fine, I don't know who's lying and who's not, just that most people are leaving after one wipe and then pretending they don't.
For me its not about the challenge of the game.

For me its why should I do the content? What am I really getting from doing the content? They have literally gutted player controlled growth and multiple avenues of growth in favor of a neck that gives you nothing. And Azerite armor that lacks any depth and lacks secondary stats.

We've had more skills removed, talents removed, legendary's removed, tier removed, artifacts removed, netherlight crucible removed and zero new skills, talents, or any sort of investment system that makes you stronger.

Why really play? I was gifted a sub from a friend to play during my downtime but I haven't hardly logged on as its moot to.
Somebody learned a new phrase!
11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Assistance
I think the “I want more challenge” people have a legitimate point, in that the solo leveling aspect of the game gives you almost no experience with the skillset you need for group content.

Additionally, the relatively easy acquisition of gear outside of group content also means that you have people geared up to mythic+ levels with next to no experience in the ilvl-appropriate dungeons.

Making the game more challenging isn’t really the solution; it’s making the game more educational to players, and having a more distinct tiered gear acquisition system. It should be daily gear < dungeon < heroic < raid/mythic, with matching PvP and crafted gear at each level.

That’s not the current system, though, so there is nothing keeping people on the rails of normal PvE progression that naturally makes people better at instanced content.

The actual problem is that Blizzard forces solo players into group content that they don't want to do to begin with. This is why you get inexperienced people not knowing the content. They don't care.

Placing crafting progression in mythic 0 dungeons (which I assume is to "introduce" casuals to the content) is wrong. Forcing casuals to make manual groups to be introduced to Mythic 0 content is stupid. If you want someone to learn mechanics then provide options for them to do that on their own schedule. Put Mythic 0 (0 not +) in LFG. Let pugs go through Mythic 0 to get used to the content. Don't nerf it because they fail (its Mythic!) This way if they want to progress further they understand what to do.

But when you FORCE people who want to solo (which is their option as they are spending their money to play) into Mythic content with those who understand and want to run that content, its no surprise that issues arise.
11/11/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Aliandrin
11/11/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Searik
I think there’s two different issues here;

1) The people claiming the game is too easy are usually the ones who don’t do the content, but feel they could crush it if only they felt like it.

2) Its up to the individual to learn fights and work their way into becoming experienced. Expecting others to carry while blaming filtering is not the way to do it.

Then no one should have to step foot into content for the first time without knowing it.

Proving Grounds should teach specific fights.

Unfortunately, they don't. Everyone comes in blind. I understand YOU have the fight on farm, but others don't and that's by design. If you object to that, then you object to the design.

If you are going in blind you are simply a bad player. Fights are in dungeon journal. Fatboss (and other sources) had videos of all the fights MONTHS before the expansion dropped. There isnt an excuse to go in blind besides being lazy and wanting others to do the work for you.

I put my time in clearing heroic with my guild while everyone was 340 and wiping on Zul and Mythrax. I dont want to put more time in on pugs. Want to do progression? Join a guild doing progression. Dont waste my time by failing mechanics in a pug. Ive already done that song and dance.
11/11/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Aliandrin

You scream, "Lulz too easy make harder plz" to virtue signal.

That's not what a virtue signal is. A virtue signal is "We need to open our borders to all the people of the world!" while living in a gated community, yourself.

What you're referring to is "bragging."

In other words, virtue signaling is saying something in order to make others think that you're morally superior to them, while in actuality you're just the same as everyone else.
11/11/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Snowfox
I've noticed a.. correlation.. though.

Almost all of the "the game is too easy!" threads come from anonymous alts.

They'll claim the game is too easy, but they also know their main's armory doesn't support that claim.

Did someone say anonymous alts?

Tbh the only content I think is too easy are BFA normal dungeons. But that's not because the content is undertuned, it's simply because there's no level brackets. The fact that I'm often paired with max level characters who are overgeared for the content just takes any challenge out of doing it and makes it pointless to run at lower levels for me. That used to be when I learned a dungeon and it's mechanics.

I kind of wish there was some kind of ilvl cap where after ilvl 325 you only que with people higher than ilvl 325 for normals. But I'm sure I'm in the minority on this so I don't see the speed run normals going anywhere.
Op pretty much hit the nail on the head. heh It is egoism and virtue signaling at it's finest.
11/11/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Kalorea
People like a challenge but they don't like it when the challenge is mostly teaching bad players how to dodge easy mechanics.

What most people don't realize is that's like 90% of the challenge.

It's always been.

Like, remember how hard Molten Core was?

Most of it was just because you had to get a reasonable amount of the 39 people to be competent, and whoever be left to not screw over the competent ones.

Coordination is pretty much the challenge of MMOs, and not really anything else. There are harder games if you view only a single player experience.
This game is too easy though. Look I’m already level 114, I’ll be max level soon if blizzard doesn’t do something.
I have no problem teaching people content but when it's heroic and they are repeatedly dying to mechanics that are in normal, that's when I get frustrated. If you're not comfortable with the new mechanics that's fine, no one is. But when people die to things like standing in front of boss or fail to do mechanics they should know before they work on the tier at hand...that's the issue. And most of the time they are the ones not communicating at all.
11/11/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Nevergiveup
11/11/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Snowfox
I've noticed a.. correlation.. though.

Almost all of the "the game is too easy!" threads come from anonymous alts.

They'll claim the game is too easy, but they also know their main's armory doesn't support that claim.

That's rich coming from someone who barely even plays the game. And spending 10 hours a day on the boards doesn't count as difficult content.

Post on a main.
A lot of it is people want a single player challenge which isn't really feasible in a MMO.

It sort of worked with Legion towers, but they were much easier or harder depending on your spec and access to legendaries.
From my FF14 experience of being a decidedly middle of the road raider, having 2 maybe 3 of my 'static' raid members dip for other cutting edge groups on occasion.

There are very few people who genuinely want incredibly difficult raid fights, or constantly want the difficulty slider pushed higher and higher. And even those people don't mind if it's only a few pieces of content that are that hard.

Only people who want to seem better than they are complain about content being too easy while refusing to take part in actually challenging content.

If I had a dollar for every time someone on the FF14 forums who has no savage mode raiding achievements made a post on how "The whole tier was beaten in 2 days by the world firsts!" I'd go buy myself a $100 steak right now.

And both games have nearly the same kind of 'crowd'.
11/11/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Knicknak
The actual problem is that Blizzard forces solo players into group content that they don't want to do to begin with.

You're playing a massively multiplayer game. What the Argussian hell are you doing on this game if you don't want to do content with other people?