Ret 8.1

Arenas
Thoughts?
11/11/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Mathtwo
Thoughts?

What are the changes? Buff or Nerf. Hopefully some big ole nerfs
No big changes, we get that new pvp talent that gives a combat ress but I doubt it will have much use in 3v3.

Depending on other classes our comps might stay T2 or we might go to T1, will have to wait and see.

Oh also 8 sec charger, very good against comps it was already useful against, stays useless vs comps it was bad against.
Why make a thread and not post the changes?
I have you on ignore abomb, can’t see your reply
11/11/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Avrek
Why make a thread and not post the changes?

because it's tradition to make garbage, low quality threads on here
11/11/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Mathtwo

Just more crying about Ret while being too dumb to change spec from Prot and having trash gear.
11/11/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Valhader
No big changes, we get that new pvp talent that gives a combat ress but I doubt it will have much use in 3v3.

Depending on other classes our comps might stay T2 or we might go to T1, will have to wait and see.

Oh also 8 sec charger, very good against comps it was already useful against, stays useless vs comps it was bad against.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the 8 second charger just a tooltip bug and it’s now back to its original duration?
That in combat battle res is gonna be so crazy. A 10 second kickable and CCable cast, rets are going to be unstoppable.

Sarcasm aside, if they can bubble and cast this though, that'd be pretty sick as it means the enemy team will have a 1-2 second window depending on haste to stop them from casting it (unless enemy team has a priest). Could lead to some interesting play with coordination of CC and usage of trinkets.

I look forward to seeing hilarious sub 2k Twitch clips of it though.
According to forum logic: just kill the ret, problem solved.
11/11/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Crypticcross
That in combat battle res is gonna be so crazy. A 10 second kickable and CCable cast, rets are going to be unstoppable.

Sarcasm aside, if they can bubble and cast this though, that'd be pretty sick as it means the enemy team will have a 1-2 second window depending on haste to stop them from casting it (unless enemy team has a priest). Could lead to some interesting play with coordination of CC and usage of trinkets.

Bubble/BoP remove the buff apparently lol
11/11/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Nuah
11/11/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Crypticcross

wait are you serious? LOL what a useless new spell then
11/11/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Nuah
I don't understand any single situation where this would be even remotely thought of as pickable by anybody then in any form of content =/
11/11/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Helfdan
11/11/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Mathtwo

Just more crying about Ret while being too dumb to change spec from Prot and having trash gear.

Saying someone is crying is heavily over used and just silly at best. Try to type something better than that.
11/11/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Varolyn
11/11/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Valhader

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the 8 second charger just a tooltip bug and it’s now back to its original duration?

If it was I'm sad lol.
11/11/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Valhader
11/11/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Varolyn

If it was I'm sad lol.

It was revoked after a day or so I think.
Ret got a 27% damage nerf in the beginning of the 8.1 builds and it never got adjusted. So I don't think they'll be as good as the other melee spec since they're all getting buffed except for Ret.
11/13/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Juvvia
Ret got a 27% damage nerf in the beginning of the 8.1 builds and it never got adjusted. So I don't think they'll be as good as the other melee spec since they're all getting buffed except for Ret.

That is good Ret has needed nerfs since Beta and it never happened. Like to see their off healing nerfed next.
11/13/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Abombanation
11/13/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Juvvia

That is good Ret has needed nerfs since Beta and it never happened. Like to see their off healing nerfed next.

Ret has been getting nerfed since the beginning of BFA, I don't know where you've been. Ret needs some love with some fcking mobility and buff our heals a little bit more.
11/13/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Juvvia
Ret needs some love with some fcking mobility and buff our heals a little bit more.

Definitely no. You don't need more healing and off healing/dps healing is a huge problem right now. That is what Healers are for and you have bubbles. Geez.