Any tips for managing mana as disc?

Arenas
anything you know, just spill your brain all over this thread. thanks
11/11/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Trenhard
anything you know

Purging buffs shouldn't be done willy nilly. Only do it with a purpose.
11/11/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Vãrick
11/11/2018 08:42 PMPosted by Trenhard
anything you know

nah f that purge every global
don't go oom and you'll be fine
Play Rsham. Problem solved.
Smite.
Healing is kinda rough as disc, I think you need REALLY high item lvl to actually feel like you're doing good heals.

My priest is 356 ilvl and my shadow mend heals for 12k, while penance heals tick for 5k LOL. Literally impossible to top partners off sometimes.

On my 355 MW monk I can pump out 70k surging mists every global. Insane.
Be glad you're not a druid

Holinka where dem buffs at
11/11/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Bigbilly
Healing is kinda rough as disc, I think you need REALLY high item lvl to actually feel like you're doing good heals.

My priest is 356 ilvl and my shadow mend heals for 12k, while penance heals tick for 5k LOL. Literally impossible to top partners off sometimes.

On my 355 MW monk I can pump out 70k surging mists every global. Insane.

Just from experience if you are frantically pumping out shadowmends, you already lost
Don’t spec radiance ever
The most important thing is knowing when you can heal with atonement vs direct heals.

Using defensive cooldowns BEFORE the damage comes in is a huge boon to your mana efficiency.

As a disc you’re mostly stuck trying to get an early kill because other healers will win in the long game unless you can get away to drink.
Trust in atonement, be greedy with Ultimate Radiance if you spec into it, use Penance on allies instead of for dps when it's convenient. Power Word: Solace is your friend.

11/11/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Vãrick

If you can swing it also communicate with your team to help you get away for a drink when possible.
Disc will be dead in 8.1 anyway. Might want to try another class :(
In tournaments it seems most of the time they just accept they will go oom and just blow their load going for a kill ASAP. Basically just playing to their specs/comps strengths instead of fighting an uphill battle trying to preserve mana. If you don't kill in the first 2 minutes it's GG anyway. Time to lose and re-queue.