The last day here before the new forums

General Discussion
I remember when the original forums got deleted. We had a very active RP guild on Argent Dawn at the time, and had posted several stories dealing with some notable events, like taking down Blightcaller (screw you, Nathanos!), raiding Molten Core, BWL, etc.

It was rather painful to see all of that go boom into the ether. I've learned over the years that nothing is permanent, so always keep a copy.
11/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Fiznazzle
11/12/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Lough
I can’t wait to see how many times I’ll be silenced because people don’t agree with me.

Dont be so pessimistic. Be quiet.

Go use their other forums and see. Now add in this disgruntled community and see how that works for you.
11/12/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Lough
11/12/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Fiznazzle

Dont be so pessimistic. Be quiet.

Go use their other forums and see. Now add in this disgruntled community and see how that works for you.

I was making a joke about trying to silence your opinion.
11/12/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Tyierin
Why do I feel like I'm never gonna make it to trust level 3 lol

If it's anything like OW's forums, level 3 takes about a month for a regular poster.
As long as the new forums give us better tools to weed through posts-especially for the big, 100+ threads-I'll be happy.

I've been waiting for that for a long time now...
there goes my dreams of ever reaching over 9000 posts
I didn't even notice the post count, but I do like to sometimes look up old posts. Are they deleting all but the threads from the last two weeks? Not even archiving the old posts?

I find a lot of old posts when searching for solutions to problems, it would suck if those are lost.
11/12/2018 04:15 AMPosted by Greyhide
11/12/2018 04:11 AMPosted by You
possibly a more strict moderation here

Moderation in the original forums were overly strict. This was back when it was common sense that disagreeing = trolling. I got a 3 day ban for disagreeing with someone and luckily Bashiok overturned. Now, people harass others and nothing happens. I just hope it doesn't go to the other extreme again.
It will.

It always does.
...I should care?
11/12/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Samron
I didn't even notice the post count, but I do like to sometimes look up old posts. Are they deleting all but the threads from the last two weeks? Not even archiving the old posts?

I find a lot of old posts when searching for solutions to problems, it would suck if those are lost.

The old OW forums are still up and can be read but all the threads are locked now.

I expect that these posts will probably exist in a time-locked fashion somewhere on Battle.net.
darn
11/12/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Lough
I can’t wait to see how many times I’ll be silenced because people don’t agree with me.
Don't really look at the OW forums anymore. Should I be concerned and stop posting on the WoW forums?
The OW forums are hideous and I don't think I'll be visiting them like I do these
Meh, I don't care about my post count. Let it reset. As far as stricter moderation, we don't know that yet. I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and wait and see before they start freaking out.
In, so I can look at this later and see my old post count.
11/12/2018 04:11 AMPosted by You
Say your farewells to your post count and be ready for a possibly a more strict moderation here

Both work for me! :)
♪♪This is the end, my friend♪♪
This is good news to me...I'm a bit embarrassed about how many posts I have.

:(
RIP General discussion forums

I say for it's final day we spam as many rage quit, BFA complaints, and pathfinder QQ threads as possible in honor of it's memory.
11/12/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Awkward
11/12/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Tyierin
Why do I feel like I'm never gonna make it to trust level 3 lol

If it's anything like OW's forums, level 3 takes about a month for a regular poster.

Wouldn't 50 days be the absolute minimum for a non-mvp?