Why lock me to a Mythic Uldir group?

General Discussion
Seems counter intuitive to offer me cross realm mythic just to tell me I can only do it with one group a week.

I thought you wanted me to play more?
Yup, that's how mythic works.
11/12/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Adamology

^

Every time. Every flipping time.
That's just how it works. If you're going to do Mythic, best find a guild. Failing that, at least try to find a guild with roster issues offserver that you can regularly join with.
Being able to pug mythic raiding doesn't mean that mythic raiding is pug friendly. It isn't designed to be nor should it be. It is designed to be about group progression. Don't want to find a consistent group then that is going to make any attempt to go deep into mythic a very hard one.

Don't have a regular schedule to raid then look around for a group to sub for, most would probably love to have you.
You're right, I still don't get why they're making Mythic cross-realm. Whenever that used to happen at the tail end of an expansion, it created expectations that it would be puggable like Heroic, which lead to a bunch of complaints.
11/12/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Tetsubin
You're right, I still don't get why they're making Mythic cross-realm. Whenever that used to happen at the tail end of an expansion, it created expectations that it would be puggable like Heroic, which lead to a bunch of complaints.

I think its very puggable. I would just like to be able to do it in more then one sitting. Ya know, kill more then one boss?

Yeah, it works if you join an off server guild to raid with. But as for a full blown pug? Not likely to work unless you're alts of toons that already killed the mythic bosses
11/12/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Adamology

^ This. Mythic Raiding requires joining a guild and adhering to a schedule if you want serious progression.
You mean why do exactly what mythic raids have been doing for a while now? These were not intended for you to do a fight here and then bail when the raid can't complete the next boss, only to jump to another raid.
11/12/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Taironn

I think its very puggable. I would just like to be able to do it in more then one sitting. Ya know, kill more then one boss?

Don't judge Uldir by the difficulty of Taloc. Taloc is notoriously easy. Not saying you can't do more bosses, but having a regular group will be better.
Mythic pugging this tier is for Taloc and mother. You aren’t pugging more then that.
11/12/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Rafí
Mythic pugging this tier is for Taloc and mother. You aren’t pugging more then that.

^ Truth
11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Taironn
Seems counter intuitive to offer me cross realm mythic just to tell me I can only do it with one group a week.

I thought you wanted me to play more?

They want you to have to come back,. They don't care if you stay.
Mythic you are supposed to find a group, hopefully a regular one, that can help you get the farthest.

Old school Mythic lockouts promote community in the game, now easier than ever to find a repeating mythic cross realm team that you can depend on weekly (even if your guild wasn't an option)

If we lose the Mythic ID then there's no integrity to competition at this level anymore. The reason is 'saved toons' can just keep re-clearing and I'm not going to go on about how quickly that removes integrity to legit teams (guild or cross realm) that got their progress 'fairly'

'top 100 faction world' is hardly where the serious raiders end....and to have our play field be smeared by running 'saved toons' wouldn't sit well for me when any guild can 'buy their way in' to ranks.