Unable to get into Mythic as Holy

Priest
So I'm having a tough time getting into high Mythic + as holy (+8 or higher). All the groups seem to want disc or a different class to heal. Anyone else having this issue?
11/12/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Manbeard
So I'm having a tough time getting into high Mythic + as holy (+8 or higher). All the groups seem to want disc or a different class to heal. Anyone else having this issue?

Most groups will accept you if your raider IO is decent regardless of spec. Disc definitely has an easier time though.
Shouldn't have a lot of problems getting into +8s as Holy. But you have to keep in mind that heals are quite easy to find in mythic+ and taking a look at what you have completed, you are going to be passed up pretty easy.

Now I am not referring to your RaiderIO score but I can see that you have very, very little experience on your priest in terms of well any keys let alone keys finished on completion.

Get yourself a key and level it up ;)
I think your Raider.io score might be a bigger issue than your spec to get into
+8's, once you are doing keys above 10 then I think being Holy might hurt you a bit more, but any spec gets turned down sometimes.

I got turned out a few times this weeks by groups that were exclusively looking for a Resto Druid, might be because they want some more add control and/or enrage removal, or battle rez, or some people just don't like Priest Healers in M+, who knows, if your io score is appropriate for the content you are trying to do you eventually get invited.
Disc may be bring more to the table running high keys, but Holy seems to be fine. I have seen a few Holy Priests running 15,16,17 + keys on Twitch. I would install Raider IO and keep running dungeons. A lot of players are using it, fairly or not, to determine player skill.

Here is one of the Holy Priest streams.

https://www.twitch.tv/eismelone
11/12/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Holymonky
I think your Raider.io score might be a bigger issue than your spec to get into
+8's, once you are doing keys above 10 then I think being Holy might hurt you a bit more, but any spec gets turned down sometimes.

I got turned out a few times this weeks by groups that were exclusively looking for a Resto Druid, might be because they want some more add control and/or enrage removal, or battle rez, or some people just don't like Priest Healers in M+, who knows, if your io score is appropriate for the content you are trying to do you eventually get invited.

I get invited enough, it’s nowhere near as bad as trying to que as shadow, but I also get turned down a significant amount on 12-15 keys (20-40 times before an invite) as holy. I usually surprise the group at the damage I can do while still healing, as long as dps are not getting wrecked, but there is definitely a bias toward wanting Druid or monk or disc priest, but it’s not as bad as trying to que as shadow. Holy crap I have qued for over an hour before with no invites as shadow, so it could be worse.
It's only natural that there is a bias towards disc > holy priests because of the DPS that disc priests bring as a result of the class's rotation, as opposed to holy priests that have to constantly weave in dps while healing
Certain fights and affixes favor mobility, which is where holy is very meh. For example I did a +10 underrot yesterday with volcanic and there’s so many volcanoes spawning from all the spores at the last boss that I can’t imagine trying to stand still to cast as holy for that fight
The difficulty you're having getting into +8s has little to do with your spec and everything to do with your low .io score.

I've been specc'd holy from M0 all the way to the +11-13s I do now and I've only been asked whether I'm disc or holy three times. Each time they turned me down but with a score of 1096 now people have stopped asking entirely, probably because they assume anyone this high would be disc.

You need to work your way up the .io ladder to prove that you can be trusted not to ruin these guys' keys. Your 364 ilvl is irrelevant, BFA m+ is challenging and requires intimate knowledge of each instance and their mechanics. Do a +2 <> +4 of each instance and then jump a level or 2 at a time for each one until you're doing the level you want.

Another thing to consider is that people prefer discipline priests in M+ because they've witnessed a lot of bad Holy Priests. The method of successfully beating high keys as Holy is not obvious and will require a very high skill ceiling so it may be easier to roll with the trends and give discipline a shot.
11/12/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Manbeard

Your IO score is too low for pugging a +8. Run every dungeon on +5 then go to +6, +7 etc. Unless you have some friends, that is how you raise that score.

Your spec is completely irrelevant to this discussion. Holy is far easier to play than Disc if all you want to do is run a +10 for max reward.