How do you feel about people who play both factions?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I love both goblins and gnomes and have both goblin and gnome mains of which I love to do a lot of RP-PvP on both. Sometimes I have encountered some people in the past on both sides who were exactly fond of the idea that I had a toon on the other side. There was friend I had who lead this horde pvp group who flipped out when he found out I had a gnome who also hates gnomes a lot apparently. Then on the alliance side I ran into problems with someone who was just simply a diehard gnome enthusiast.
Well, I feel pretty great about myself.
I don't really care.

Because what you do doesn't affect me.

/libertarian
This is first and foremost, a game. Anyone that limits themselves to only playing half of it is cheating themselves out of the full experience...and those that find fault with players of both factions are, to be blunt...imbeciles.
I play Alliance alts to explore content I can't with this guy. I am still a Horde fan though.
Filthy turncoats, the lot of them.

"Koro, you have the Double Agent achievement."

Filthy turncoat, the lot of me.
I don't care what others do, although I find those who are vocal and staunchly one faction or another to be oddly humorous.
i go both ways
I have an alliance paladin just to see things from that side but I'm horde through and through.

I don't dislike the people alliance side just the races are boring and the story is boring. Let's do good and be peaceful so we can solve all our problems with peace. Nah I'll pass.
The only time I log onto an ancient, dusty Alliance character is to get battle pets that aren't available to Horde side.

A friend of mine has offered to gift me a 110 button to take that Alliance mutt up and get them to BfA levels -- I'm tempted because of all the new faction specific battle pets, but since each faction has three quest-locked pet vendors and each vendor requires between 750 - 1000 polished pet tokens to buy all their faction specific battle pets.... it just seems like more work than it's worth. I can probably earn gold and buy most of them from the AH, in less time than it'd take to get an Alliance mutt from 110 to 120, and modestly gear them at the Warfront buffet table.
I feel they are playing the game as intended and should be proud they get to play 100% of the story than 50.
11/13/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Hylianlich
I feel they are playing the game as intended and should be proud they get to play 100% of the story than 50.

Dis.
That they have way more free time than me...
11/13/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Olak
I play Alliance alts to explore content I can't with this guy. I am still a Horde fan though.

Me too. My main is horde however especially this expansion I lvled a alliance to see the story, rep pets/mounts. It’s entirely different story wise.
I see nothing wrong with playing both sides, it’s a game.
I'm an Alliance girl at heart, but I play both factions because I'm an altoholic and because I don't like to feel like I'm missing out on half of the content of the game.
I think is the obvious way to play. On my friends list, maybe the 70 % of them plays only 1 faction. I don't understand why, specially on this expansion with completely different continent and storylines. I remember having a blast in wintergrasp pvping against friends with toons on different factions. Now this is really hard to do with the phasing and sharding.
I'm not for swinging both ways, but to each their own.
I assumed everyone had characters on both sides...
11/13/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Flamethrøwer
I assumed everyone had characters on both sides...

Most probably do. Horde players in particular just don't like admitting it.

I'm pretty pro-Alliance but I most definitely play Horde too.
I used to have have a horde character to see both sides of the game. These days I'd rather not see that half of the game.