How do you feel about people who play both factions?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/13/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Gnomest
I love both goblins and gnomes and have both goblin and gnome mains of which I love to do a lot of RP-PvP on both. Sometimes I have encountered some people in the past on both sides who were exactly fond of the idea that I had a toon on the other side. There was friend I had who lead this horde pvp group who flipped out when he found out I had a gnome who also hates gnomes a lot apparently. Then on the alliance side I ran into problems with someone who was just simply a diehard gnome enthusiast.

I feel fantastic. Thanks for asking ;)

PS: If people are kicking you out for not being an obsessive freak, they are doing you a favor, there's no such a thing as a "healthy obsession" you're way better without them.
A better question would be "How do you feel about people who only play ONE faction?"

Not sure, I never met one in Game. According to the forums, I hear they exist
I play both sides and I think people that only play half the game are silly BUT it doesn't bother me either way.
If people really have an issue with that, they have other issues to address as well...
I play Pandaren
I actually been kicked on both side from guild when they find out i play other side. It weird. people actually get real upset about this. I always let people know before joining guild i play other side. they invite then when other find out. they kick. That why he not in guild.
The opposite is more of a conundrum.

Don't you want the whole game that you paid good money for? ... I can see the sentiment, but you don't need to abandon your faction of choice just to level one through the other side.
I have toons on both sides but I prefer the Alliance for Gnomes.

(cookies for bi-factional happiness!)
I want to level a horde toon and see both sides, but just thinking about spending time and receiving orders from Nathanos... uh no.

But I believe you should play and see the history from both sides even if you favorite one.
11/13/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Cairnage
A better question would be "How do you feel about people who only play ONE faction?"

Not sure, I never met one in Game. According to the forums, I hear they exist

I have nothing against liking one faction over another. I play both but I like the Horde more cause I think their races are way more interesting than "humans, elves and dwarves I see on every single fantasy setting".

But I feel that people who obsess over a faction, whatever it is are:

1) Seeing half the picture cause this is a war between two sides.

2) Biased cause of course they are going to see the oposite side as villains and will likely have that annoying "Hordes where always evil" / "Alliance where always racist opressors" mentality.

3) Will probably be the kind of person who takes personal offense with different opinions.

4) Probably will be elvish fanboys =P Seriously why are elvish fanboys SO damn hostile? They have this idealistic, unreal vision that elves are just perfect at everything and they try SO HARD to rub it in your face it makes you hate elves.
Doesn't bother me what people decide to do/play with their own account on their own time.
Its probably worth mentioning that there are a lot of people who do dislike those who play both faction may be less likely to talk about it here. That is because it looks rather bad from them.
My main is this character on Alliance along with my alts, but I have several Horde alts as well. You definitely miss out on a lot of lore and story by only seeing one side.

Plus, honestly, there are some cool pets, mounts, etc that you can get from either side that you should want to have access. I'd like to see the factions go to a reputation type thing where players could pick their sides, and just play whatever races/classes they want.
I never played 2 factions at the same time. I used to play horde a long time ago. Switched to alliance in Cataclysm because my friend wanted to play a worgen.

Haven't looked back since, but then again. I don't even play alts.
Why would anyone care?

And besides, it's important to do so in BFA as you are missing significant chunks of storyline if you don't have at least one character per faction (think people without Horde characters having no idea whatsoever why Uldir is even a thing).
I remember i was playing horde only since wotlk until pandaria then i switched to alliance thats when I began playing both.
Now that the game have really different quests aside from some old content story lines like those on leveling cata or BC, I feel is necessary to play both to get all that content.

What I have noticed is that people from my server on horde side is more hostile to the idea of playing both
11/13/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Biamart
I want to level a horde toon and see both sides, but just thinking about spending time and receiving orders from Nathanos... uh no.

ignore and click accept lol.

Has its fun points once you ignore nathanos. Some supporting chars like Voss grow on you.

And hope in 8.1 and beyond we get full split. I do. 8.2 or beyond he dies by our hands, this the stuff of dreams for the horde main.

The horde DH has killed demons for less. I've also respected them more.
I have more Horde then Alliance, but I have both. How else would I get to play the whole story?
What do I care what you do with your 15 dollars? Nothing. I give no fracks.
I play both factions, it's why I pay 15 a month, if I wanted to play only one faction I can go to CoD or any other game like that where I can only play one side of the story.