How do you feel about people who play both factions?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Some times I feel weak, unloved, abandoned, and just generally sad. When I do I play alliance to remind me how good I have it.

Cant blame anyone for doing the same. And I was an alliance main all of legion lol.
I'm a Horde enthusiast, but I do play both sides so I can experience the story. Let's be honest, of my five priests above 110, one of them had to be Alliance.
11/13/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Gnomest
I love both goblins and gnomes and have both goblin and gnome mains of which I love to do a lot of RP-PvP on both. Sometimes I have encountered some people in the past on both sides who were exactly fond of the idea that I had a toon on the other side. There was friend I had who lead this horde pvp group who flipped out when he found out I had a gnome who also hates gnomes a lot apparently. Then on the alliance side I ran into problems with someone who was just simply a diehard gnome enthusiast.

As a player, I think it's a valid style of play.

In game, I would try not to associate with you.
To me it makes sense, especially for long term players. Why would you ever limit yourself to half the game?
I think most players should, at minimum bc it's more content, but mostly so they can see the other side's perspective.
11/13/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Truthspeaker
I'm an Alliance girl at heart, but I play both factions because I'm an altoholic and because I don't like to feel like I'm missing out on half of the content of the game.

Also me.
I play both and have a main for both. It doesn't matter to me whether other people are also bi-factional or are faction loyalists. I only have a problem with the people who start disparaging other players in real life for playing one side or the other. It's a video game, calm down and go get some sunlight.
Why only play half the game?
I love both goblins and gnomes and have both goblin and gnome mains of which I love to do a lot of RP-PvP on both. Sometimes I have encountered some people in the past on both sides who were exactly fond of the idea that I had a toon on the other side. There was friend I had who lead this horde pvp group who flipped out when he found out I had a gnome who also hates gnomes a lot apparently. Then on the alliance side I ran into problems with someone who was just simply a diehard gnome enthusiast.

Play. Have fun.

When I play my Alliance characters, I support the Alliance. For the Alliance!

When I play my Horde characters, I support the Horde. Lok-tar ogar!

The only time it is an issue is when someone logs into the opposite faction to harrass someone on that faction.
I think it was great to see both sides of the BfA story, so I would highly recommend that everyone experiences that. Some of my characters are fiercely loyal to their faction, some couldn't be bothered by that nonsense. I usually play one main character for the entirety of an expansion, so whatever faction that character is on, that's the one I support.

There actually isn't anyone in a position to give me grief over that stance, so I've never had to justify playing both sides to anyone. I personally don't care that much for either faction - Horde vs. Alliance doesn't really matter much to me, especially when you have people trying to bring real life politics into the conflict, which is completely idiotic.
When I started the game, you had to "pick a side" on a PVP server, you didnt have a choice it was one faction or the other. So, I had an Alliance server and a Horde server and they were so different that it felt like playing different games. I can honestly say it was exciting to never be able to switch toons and whisper a Horde It made them more intimidating. especially Tauren lol.
They’re probably the most normal people that play this game
11/13/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Honor
When I started the game, you had to "pick a side" on a PVP server, you didnt have a choice it was one faction or the other. So, I had an Alliance server and a Horde server and they were so different that it felt like playing different games. I can honestly say it was exciting to never be able to switch toons and whisper a Horde It made them more intimidating. especially Tauren lol.

To be honest, that actually sounds like it would add to the immersion quite a bit and people still can play both factions. Thats something I am not against.
I think they are people who are trying to extract some value from their purchase of BfA. It's pretty clear the content was divided among the two factions and you're missing a good chunk of what there is if you don't play both sides to see it.
I consider myself to be simply amazing. There's your answer hehe
I certainly have no problem with people playing both factions... but I just can't seem to get motivated to play Horde this expansion.
I played from classic to the end of Cata as horde only, then been alliance only since then. I think it's important to do both sides of the factions. Keep trying to go back to horde, but cant handle their ugly architecture after all these years of seeing Alliance buildings. They're too good looking.
I switch back and forth.

Usually Horde though, but play whatever you want, nothing wrong with playing both sides. If someone really takes issue with that, they need to take a moment to reflect methinks.
What business do I have even taking the time to form an opinion?
what someone else does, short of cheating, has no bearing in my game whatsoever. Why would I waste a second bothering with it?