Dk ghoul is not entering you in combat

Arenas
All expansions before, arenas starts and you command your pet to attack any target and enter in combat. It was like this since ever.

Now it doesn't work, the pet run to target but you doesn't enter in combat.

FIx please;

Also how long does it take to announce that necrotic strike is baseline? Whats the point on adding so many talents when you cant choose them?
11/13/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Ringwräith
All expansions before, arenas starts and you command your pet to attack any target and enter in combat. It was like this since ever.

Now it doesn't work, the pet run to target but you doesn't enter in combat.

FIx please;

Also how long does it take to announce that necrotic strike is baseline? Whats the point on adding so many talents when you cant choose them?

You pet has to actually connect to the target now to enter you in combat, the ‘travel time’ before your pet is actually on a target no longer enters you into combat and I don’t believe it was ever intended to. This is just a LONG time bug they finally fixed.
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure this was a bug that started in either late mop or when WoD launched. dont think it was a thing b4 that though. definitely a bug and should not have worked that way though ever.

id like to compare this to sap bugging. def should not be a thing even though its been in the game for a long time now. bugs like these are game breaking and should not be embraced
11/13/2018 11:48 AMPosted by Thèllè
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure this was a bug that started in either late mop or when WoD launched. dont think it was a thing b4 that though. definitely a bug and should not have worked that way though ever.

id like to compare this to sap bugging. def should not be a thing even though its been in the game for a long time now. bugs like these are game breaking and should not be embraced

Naw you would do this all the time in WoTLK too

@OP they removed this, honestly probably a good change. It was kinda silly to be in combat without actually having your pet connect to anyone. You can get combat now from your pet if it does hit a target. But you can't spam it and follow while behind a pillar 100 yards away from the target to get in combat. Fair change imo.
Yeah I agree, good change. I mean, I don't play a rogue or anything but it's gotta be frustrating to not be able to ever sap.
Good to know, ty

Bug or not, another "!@#$ dks in BfA" decision.
They fixed pet to be player instead of npc

Like when you’re casting flight master whistle and a mob aggros you it combat cancels it
unlike an enemy player that has to tap you
Then explain when I travel through pack of mobs in open world even if they don’t connect to me yet I was placed in combat status?
11/13/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Ringwräith
Good to know, ty

Bug or not, another "!@#$ dks in BfA" decision.

This effects other classes besides DKs, so while your class is bad it's silly to blame this change as something targetted towards DKs.
11/13/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Zubzubizz
Then explain when I travel through pack of mobs in open world even if they don’t connect to me yet I was placed in combat status?

look at the post above yours

If NPCs didnt behave this way, you'd be able to abuse stuff like Rezzing "in combat" or some other uninteded stuff because AI is limited