How do Trolls feel?

General Discussion
At being a race of Red shirt guys?

It's like every important Troll lore figure ends up dead and it looks like there's more to come :(
Disappointed. Very disappointed.

If we're going to lose all of the characters that we want to root for can you at least keep some interesting characters around?
As the Alliance version of a red shirt, I sympathize with their plight.
For being a race of red shirt guys they sure are getting their own hearthstone expansion in 3 weeks. Troll gods, troll spirits, troll cards. It's all trolls.
They feel with nerve endings on their fingertips and elsewhere on their bodies. How else WOULD they feel?
Darkspear neva die, mon.

‘Cept Vol’jin, cuz, y’kno, terrible writing.
Very depressing. They made Vol'jin look like a whimp by killing him off prematurely as warcheif.
I started wearing a purple shirt on this guy just in case they come for me next. So far so good...
I just realized the term Red Shirt Guy has two different meanings in Warcraft and Star Trek.
They will be giving us a heartfelt goodbye with a certain troll king. I guess they are trying to make Talanji's ascension more meaningful.

Possible post-raid spoilers for the Battle of Dazar'alor
https://youtu.be/oHsky4J2TgM
11/13/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Grandblade
Red Shirt Guy

Nah it's a pretty universal term. Red Shirts = going to die cheaply / easily to further the story or set up a bad guy.

It's a meme and a half below Wharf getting his !@# kicked every 5th episode to "show how strong the bad guy is."

Lame.
I have to admit to being surprised that trolls felt warm, instead of cold like a fish. Is it just me?
As a huge Troll Fanboy waiting for the Zandalari release, yes I’m very disappointed with the results of the Battle for Dazar’alor.

11/13/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Candela
They will be giving us a heartfelt goodbye with a certain troll king. I guess they are trying to make Talanji's ascension more meaningful.

Possible post-raid spoilers for the Battle of Dazar'alor
https://youtu.be/oHsky4J2TgM
I absolutely despise Talanji’s character. And I feel as if the only thing that carries her is the fact that Susan Wokoma is such a good voice actor.

The thing that really makes Rastakhan so much more believable as a character is that he has backstory. Meanwhile, Talanji’s closest thing to backstory is that her mother was killed/exiled after she tried to kill her husband, Rastakhan. But beyond that there is nothing.

Talanji did have a good start in BFA, especially during the Stockades Escape. But there was nothing beyond that. As she would only appear in Nazmir a couple times to give you quests, and then disappear for 2 chapters.

This can be easily fixed though, what really needs to be seen is more memories of Talanji with Rastakhan learning lessons, or have her tell the player the lessons she learned from her father.

I’m still crossing my fingers that they’ll bring him back in a big way. Because after all, he is in service to Bwonsamdi. And there seems to be no closure on this plot line in 8.1.
11/13/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Ralanthel
11/13/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Grandblade
Red Shirt Guy

Nah it's a pretty universal term. Red Shirts = going to die cheaply / easily to further the story or set up a bad guy.

It's a meme and a half below Wharf getting his !@# kicked every 5th episode to "show how strong the bad guy is."

Lame.
I know what Red Shirt Guy means. Also, not lame, shut.

I'm saying that RSG in WoW context usually refers to Ian Bates. Didn't dawn on me till now that they both used this term.
Not sure why you related blood to shirts. Yes they could have a common color but so can everything else like apples for example.
Trolls have been the punching bags of Azeroth forever. If they're not being killed by elves, humans, or dwarves, they're being exterminated by another tribe of more vicious and/or advanced trolls. And that's not even including the old gods or loa that aren't really loa. Poor little buggers. At least they kicked the crap out of the aqir.
Kinda leathery
11/13/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Jamalia
I have to admit to being surprised that trolls felt warm, instead of cold like a fish. Is it just me?

They have a coat of hair/fur.
How does it feel to be so caught up in a work of bad fiction that you project your feelings about the characters onto actual people? I don't understand how that works. Could you explain it to me?
11/13/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
At being a race of Red shirt guys?

It's like every important Troll lore figure ends up dead and it looks like there's more to come :(

That is interesting. if you look at horde from a objectionable stand point. Lore wise you down to two major ones and 6 minor one. In all reality horde is at best last expansion before they have zero plot charterers. The current team is not making more. It is already a good assumption Horde are going to lose 1 or 2 of its major and 4 at least minor ones based on recent videos. Hopefully that all. It really cant afford to lose any in all respects.

Alliance side they are still making more. it really weird. Can not understand why that is. From a consumer stand point. Horde is part of its core base. Yet they not really looking that way to the core team. As they not making anything new for its horde base. Thus, interpreting why the developers ignore a portion of it base. It is going a way form two fraction system.

Therefore, learning to write conflict without a villain is really just the first step to writing conflict which transcends the characters of a story. Those who wish to master this can start by depriving themselves of villains for a while to focus their efforts on other forms of conflict. It can be difficult to master this kind of conflict, but it’s a style which will pay dividends down the line and (happily) you do get to bring the villains back later.