Uldir Armor Sets

General Discussion
So I was checking out the sets and all I saw was "plate" or "cloth" I didn't see warrior, Paladin, etc. Please tell me I was searching the wrong area because it almost sounds like there are only 4 sets. Surely blizz would not prune the amount of raid sets down. Surely they arent that low on funds that they couldn't pay for more sketches.
There are no tier sets for BFA, everything is just by armor type.

Personally, I hate they did this.
You must be new here, but yes there are no class sets for Uldir.
Omg.

Why????!
Well you see, as a small Indie company they don't have the funds to make it a teir set for everyone
They're trying a different approach in BfA. No more class sets. Instead sets are one for each armor type and they're designed around the aesthetic of the raid, not the class.

I don't think it's pruning or negative, it's just we have 21 class set variations already so they want to do something else. It doesn't mean class sets are gone forever though.

4 similar beige sets instead of unique class sets is undoubtedly pruning.
11/14/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Ågnarr
Omg.

Why????!

because azerite gear. this was announced a long time ago and there were already tons of threads made about this.
Before you had a chance at getting an butt-looking set.

Now everyone gets the same thing, for better or worse.
Welp thank God for tmog. Or else people would be running around looking like lfr clones.
11/14/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Aelora

Yes.

We need more emphasis on class identity, not less. SMH.
if they wanted no tier for BFA because of Azerite gear, why not make Azerite sets?

Solved, where's my year salary
if they wanted no tier for BFA because of Azerite gear, why not make Azerite sets?

Solved, where's my year salary
It's RNG.
11/14/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Shadøw
11/14/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Aelora

Yes.

We need more emphasis on class identity, not less. SMH.

We are all the same...... Join us....... It's bliss.......
At least next raid has better looking sets, but uldir set the bar kind of low=/
11/14/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Ågnarr
So I was checking out the sets and all I saw was "plate" or "cloth" I didn't see warrior, Paladin, etc. Please tell me I was searching the wrong area because it almost sounds like there are only 4 sets. Surely blizz would not prune the amount of raid sets down. Surely they arent that low on funds that they couldn't pay for more sketches.

Welcome to Ion's WoW.

He designs this game around fun
This is more fun
Tier Sets are not fun

Ion knows what fun is, you do not.
they completely explained why they didn't do class sets this expansion, using Uldir for an example, how do you design a set of armor that fits both a corrupted titan facility AND say the monk class? how would you design a demon hunter armor set that also captures the Zandalari style of armor for the next raid? how would you design a set of armor that shows off that it is the embodiment of an Old God worshipping Naga and a Paladin?
You're roughly a year late on discovering this, I'm pretty sure they initially announced there'd be no tier at last year's Blizzcon.

We are starting to see those art team assets being freed up showing up in other places like they said they would be though; each warfront is getting it's own three different(though of course related) sets of each armor class for each faction, heritage armor for all old races, brawler's guild is getting it's own transmog set, and so on. We'll see if they keep expanding these set sources as BfA goes on, it seems a reasonable assumption.
11/14/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Nemestrïnus
they completely explained why they didn't do class sets this expansion, using Uldir for an example, how do you design a set of armor that fits both a corrupted titan facility AND say the monk class? how would you design a demon hunter armor set that also captures the Zandalari style of armor for the next raid? how would you design a set of armor that shows off that it is the embodiment of an Old God worshipping Naga and a Paladin?

Yes because they haven't been making tier sets for years. This is a completely new issue.

It all makes sense now.
I don't mind that set class set armor has been discontinued. Frequently they forced you into a play style based upon their bonuses or left you weaker because you didn't. Now if the azurite armor traits were better balanced, then you could pick the traits to support the build you want instead.