Kicked from Expedition, CD Que

General Discussion
So I got qued with a guy that got upset because I didn't want to help him just farm for specifics mobs and what not to get mounts / pets / weapons, etc. Did way more damage this kid, killed mobs byself while he just run around lolly gagging. and at around 85% I get kicked out for not wanting to help him with his objective, after getting kicked out there a CD saying I can't join until so and so.

THERE'S A LFG SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO FARM EXPEDITION FOR MOUNTS AND WHAT NOT. I'm just trying to cap for the week.
People still do island expeditions? Interesting.
Mhmm.

Would you like a cookie?
Something tells me there is more to the story....
11/14/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Cindariel

Kid died by a rare and got mad because I didn't kill it quick enough for him while he's pull only 3k dmg vs me doing 12k

Stormrage is populated dunno why this trash cant get a custom group
You repeatedly calling him "kid" may have had something to do with it. Also it takes 2/3 to kick.

There might not be. There's one part of the population that knows and/or cares that you need to wait for the stage 3 invasion to get the good rewards. If they care enough and see that an uncooperative 3rd player is going to push them to the win too quickly before the invasion has been defeated, they might see it in their interest to kick that person.

There's another part that doesn't know and/or doesn't care and just wants to win by any convenient means to complete the weekly quest.

I'm not sure why they designed it this way, just seems like its adding more ways for players to not have a good time. Why not align the system so the best way to get rewards == the best way to win the encounter as initially presented?
11/14/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Hamstar
You repeatedly calling him "kid" may have had something to do with it. Also it takes 2/3 to kick.

Didn't call him a kid during the instance but since he wanted to kick me on some BS i'm gonna call him a kid here and address the bs of getting kicked out while putting out the most kills and dps because I'm not gonna assist you with your farming

Why? 2 people can easily hijack an expedition and kick the third anytime, even when they are close to victory. OP wanted to get in/out ASAP and the other two didn’t agree so he’s kicked with a 30 min deserter. There’s a post about this exact same thing happening to people everyday.

I think as long as you are in the expedition for a certain amount of time you should not get deserter. Sure you wasted your time in that expedition but if your goal is to knock out the weekly cap in a couple hours at least you aren’t stuck with deserter for 30 mins purely because two people wanna farm and you don’t.
11/14/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Tadazz
11/14/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Hamstar

Didn't call him a kid during the instance but since he wanted to kick me on some BS i'm gonna call him a kid here and address the bs of getting kicked out while putting out the most kills and dps because I'm not gonna assist you with your farming

So what about the 2nd person there who also voted to kick you? Also you seem to fail to comprehend that it is not a DPS race if you are farming rares.
11/14/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Saltzfyre
Mhmm.

Would you like a cookie?

Yes please. I adore cookies!

And as someone else said.. people still do those? I've about given up with the abysmal drop rates. At 15 minutes per expedition and a less than 1% drop rate... I'd rather spend my time doing something more productive. Like napping.
11/14/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Tadazz
I get kicked out for not wanting to help him with his objective, after getting kicked out there a CD saying I can't join until so and so.

That would be the normal queue cool down, which is 15 minutes from the last instance entered I believe. This was recently changed so island expeditions didn’t apply the 30 minute dungeon deserter debuff, but hopefully this will evolve over time.
This weekly quest is the reason I stopped doing expeditions. People always rush to end it quickly and ignore rares that could drop loot.
11/14/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Grumbles
At 15 minutes per expedition and a less than 1% drop rate...

I think the drop rates are way better than that... if your group knows how to do it. Of course they never told the players that so many people tried it a few times, never saw the invasion, never had a good chance at good loot, and reached the same conclusion you did.

I really wonder about so many of the decisions made for this expansion. If there's ever a graduate program in game design maybe there'll be a case study available for it one day.
this happen to me too! few times in one day!! total BS I just asked "hey want take out the elite over there!! Bam kicked and DD!! Why is it DD for Is. expd.?

I find Is. expd. relaxing content rather do them than Dungeon ques. after this crap. I havnt done them for weeks!!
11/14/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Tormento
This weekly quest is the reason I stopped doing expeditions. People always rush to end it quickly and ignore rares that could drop loot.

There's a CUSTOM Looking for Group for that kind of stuff. I just want to cap for weekly as fast as possible. I done that Farming for Loots and it is boring and long with no guarantees.
11/14/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Brax

There might not be. There's one part of the population that knows and/or cares that you need to wait for the stage 3 invasion to get the good rewards. If they care enough and see that an uncooperative 3rd player is going to push them to the win too quickly before the invasion has been defeated, they might see it in their interest to kick that person.

There's another part that doesn't know and/or doesn't care and just wants to win by any convenient means to complete the weekly quest.

I'm not sure why they designed it this way, just seems like its adding more ways for players to not have a good time. Why not align the system so the best way to get rewards == the best way to win the encounter as initially presented?
They should be solo encounters, like the MoP scenarios. Then people could do them however they want and no complaints. I bet you’d even see participation improve (I haven’t done one in over a month).

We’ve already got Warfronts for group PvE and I understand that they’re bringing back Legion-style Invasions in 8.1.

Do we REALLY need 3 man content to go along with the multiple types of 5 and 10-to-25 man content we already have?
11/14/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Tadazz
There's a CUSTOM Looking for Group for that kind of stuff. I just want to cap for weekly as fast as possible. I done that Farming for Loots and it is boring and long with no guarantees.

Right but meanwhile the other two wereprobably thinking the exact same thing about their being a CUSTOM LFG for people who don't want to spend maybe a couple extra minutes to get much better loot.

Either way I continue to blame the devs for creating this easily foreseeable situation. As with everything else in WoW, group with your friends / guildies for best results.