Kicked from Expedition, CD Que

General Discussion
11/14/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Tadazz
11/14/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Tormento
This weekly quest is the reason I stopped doing expeditions. People always rush to end it quickly and ignore rares that could drop loot.

There's a CUSTOM Looking for Group for that kind of stuff. I just want to cap for weekly as fast as possible. I done that Farming for Loots and it is boring and long with no guarantees.

there's also a CUSTOM Looking for Group for what you're after, cupcake. by and large the majority of the Expeditioners I've come across are there for the drops. if you just want a quick run for azerite only, you can make your own group, too.

also, bragging about dps meters on an ISLAND EXPEDITION? I'm sorry about the size of your special boy. I'm sure you're a grower not a shower. ;)
11/14/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Jelli

There's a CUSTOM Looking for Group for that kind of stuff. I just want to cap for weekly as fast as possible. I done that Farming for Loots and it is boring and long with no guarantees.

there's also a CUSTOM Looking for Group for what you're after, cupcake. by and large the majority of the Expeditioners I've come across are there for the drops. if you just want a quick run for azerite only, you can make your own group, too.

also, bragging about dps meters on an ISLAND EXPEDITION? I'm sorry about the size of your special boy. I'm sure you're a grower not a shower. ;)

I guess you're the typical eGirl that gets carried through everything to get where you are? Yeah, alright. No point in making a Reg Custom Island to just complete for weekly when it mostly for Farming Type. I don't get carried, I carry my own output and don't complain when I don't want to assist you with what you want to do.
The expo vote is pretty dumb. Close to 1/8 expos I do will have a vote kick come up and usually for stupid stuff like 'isnt with group' 'didnt help kill trash' etc.

As long as people are trying at the overall objective, a kick is unreasonable. Just because they don't play by your personal idea of rules to follow doesn't mean a vote kick is actually justified.

The community is actually toxic when they have an overall objective but decide to kick because they have a personal mini objective that they are salty other players won't help them complete.

Get it through your heads, no one owes you any favors. The actions other players do to help you are by curtisy alone and doesn't entitle you to anything. No one needs to do anything in an expo besides complete the azerite collection objective with some effort.
11/14/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Hamstar
11/14/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Tadazz

Didn't call him a kid during the instance but since he wanted to kick me on some BS i'm gonna call him a kid here and address the bs of getting kicked out while putting out the most kills and dps because I'm not gonna assist you with your farming

So what about the 2nd person there who also voted to kick you? Also you seem to fail to comprehend that it is not a DPS race if you are farming rares.

Again I am not farming for these drops or anything just killing stuff quickly for Weekly Cap, I guess they were a group the other person didn't really speak just followed the guy that wanted to farm for drops.
11/14/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Tadazz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I guess you're the typical eGirl that gets carried through everything to get where you are? Yeah, alright. No point in making a Reg Custom Island to just complete for weekly when it mostly for Farming Type. I don't get carried, I carry my own output and don't complain when I don't want to assist you with what you want to do.

yeah you're right I'm a real baddie bad. I've never parsed over 2% and I'm so bad no one will even take me into normal Uldir. I'm also in literal last place on my realm for my spec and role. I should kill myself, right? that's what people like you usually say to "carries" yeah? am I doing this right?

geez, at least I post on my main.
Sigh.. Sure there are custom groups for this. But... It takes all of 10 seconds in the beginning, to just ask or state what your intentions are for the expedition. Either way, they are not long.
11/14/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Flagnaard
Sigh.. Sure there are custom groups for this. But... It takes all of 10 seconds in the beginning, to just ask or state what your intentions are for the expedition. Either way, they are not long.

Have you actually done the Farming Trick in Expedition? It is actually pretty long is boring, I've only done it once. Again I am just here to quickly cap for the week I'm not gonna help with your personal desire because, 1. this is a random que not specifically for farming rares.
This weekly quest is the reason I stopped doing expeditions. People always rush to end it quickly and ignore rares that could drop loot.

And who said this is a custom LFG only thing?
If you don't want to do what the rest of the group is doing you're the one who needs to create your own specific custom group.
11/14/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Jelli
<span class="truncated">...</span>

yeah you're right I'm a real baddie bad. I've never parsed over 2% and I'm so bad no one will even take me into normal Uldir. I'm also in literal last place on my realm for my spec and role. I should kill myself, right?

Lol, alright. And don't try to make it sound like i'm telling you to "Kill Yoursel". You alone said that yourself it's almost the same as accusing a innocent man of trying to assault you. And sorry to disappoint you but I'm not the bottom of the barrel of my realm of DPS and or Mythic + Dungeons run. I'm the average Joe that people actually would like help with plus getting carried with their own keys. I know mechanics and what not, to not be a PoS and get carried. *cough* Such as yourself.
11/14/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Tadazz
11/14/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Flagnaard

Have you actually done the Farming Trick in Expedition? It is actually pretty long is boring, I've only done it once. Again I am just here to quickly cap for the week I'm not gonna help with your personal desire because, 1. this is a random que not specifically for farming rares.

The final invasions are neither long, boring, nor rare (its 100% once you meet the conditions I believe). What they are is poorly understood by the general playerbase, which is not surprising because they were poorly / not at all explained by Blizzard at the start when it mattered.

If you are lucky enough to be in a good group you will take hardly any longer, you will see the final invasion mobs and their big treasure chests, and you will get better loot.
11/14/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Tadazz
11/14/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Jelli

You were working against their interests. Rushing the Azerite means they can't get a chance for the phase 3 invasions that drop the best items.
This is why I ask at the start if people are going o do the island to win or farm. If it is two of them trying to farm, I just join them otherwise you will get kicked to slow it down.
Some people want to rush through the IE's for azerite, and that's fine, and some want to farm for the loot, and that's fine too. Unfortunately OP, when grouping with random strangers in the group finder, your interests may not always align, and the majority may kick you. It happens, it stinks, but it is what it is.

You yourself have pointed out that there is a group finder specifically for folks who want instances done a certain way - perhaps form a group yourself next time? I see plenty of people in group finder who want to just farm for azerite, so you shouldn't have a problem getting yourself a group together. And, that way, you won't have to worry about getting kicked by the majority of the group for not playing they way they want you to.
I think many of you are taking Tadazz way out of context on multiple points.

You can't make an argument saying that Tadazz should have made a specific group to do the content in its basic form. That just doesn't make any sense. You only make groups to do specific tasks. Such as farming rares. While many people have adopted the philosophy of only killing rares for their perceived loot drops I do not believe that is the only way of playing an Island Expedition even when trying to farm items.

I believe the only reason Tadazz stated their dps compared to the other person was to emphasize their point about how little the other player was doing in relation to them. While that may not hold much merit for some people, I can attest clearing 85%+ (as a personal example) of an Island Expedition alone while two others afk and then being kicked near the end is surely rage worthy.

When you queue up for an Island Expedition and expect everyone else to do as you want and you kick them just makes you a less than an ideal person. Tadazz, I'm sorry for your frustration. If players had a more direct ability to administer punishment to these types of players I can say I'd have hundreds on my list to hit. Sadly, many times we have to take it and move on.

You can also use it for that too you know... Kicking is a problem though in island expeditions. You can refer to my suggestion of having a solo version with champions like the withered scenario. I have a thread somewhere.
When you submit to the lfg, you submit to the established intent of the content that you submit for. Similarly to why I don’t do achievements in dungeons unless it’s going to complete itself and/or requires extremely minimal extra effort in lfg groups, the established intent of the instance (or expedition) is to complete it. Not to complete it in a specific way, just to complete it. Get out of here with that mess, I’m in the expedition to cap and therefore will not be looking specifically for rares.

Nameless OP is right, the detractors would also 100% agree with him if they were the ones kicked because they didn’t do what some other nameless person wanted them to go out of their way for. By their logic, I’m going to start booting anyone searching for rares when I’m leveling alts because they are delaying completion times and slowing down my leveling.
11/14/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Tadazz
THERE'S A LFG SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO FARM EXPEDITION FOR MOUNTS AND WHAT NOT. I'm just trying to cap for the week.

Why didn't you use the lfg ???

More over lfg stands for looking for group there are no specifics, even you qualify
11/14/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Inter
30 min deserter

Deserter debuff is 15min. IIRC it can go up based on the number of times you get kicked or leave an instance.
Yeah, someone didn't want to zerg with you so you calling them

11/14/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Tadazz
a PoS

behind a lvl 1 shadow alt doesn't induce much sympathy from me.

Guessing your the type who vote kicks folks running WQs during random dungeons too?
11/14/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Reconbravo
I think many of you are taking Tadazz way out of context on multiple points.

You can't make an argument saying that Tadazz should have made a specific group to do the content in its basic form. That just doesn't make any sense. You only make groups to do specific tasks. Such as farming rares. While many people have adopted the philosophy of only killing rares for their perceived loot drops I do not believe that is the only way of playing an Island Expedition even when trying to farm items.

I believe the only reason Tadazz stated their dps compared to the other person was to emphasize their point about how little the other player was doing in relation to them. While that may not hold much merit for some people, I can attest clearing 85%+ (as a personal example) of an Island Expedition alone while two others afk and then being kicked near the end is surely rage worthy.

When you queue up for an Island Expedition and expect everyone else to do as you want and you kick them just makes you a less than an ideal person. Tadazz, I'm sorry for your frustration. If players had a more direct ability to administer punishment to these types of players I can say I'd have hundreds on my list to hit. Sadly, many times we have to take it and move on.

What is the basic form of an Island Expedition? Rushing it and ignoring the best rewards to get a small amount of Azerite? Also all queued instances run on a majority rules system. Queuing in and expecting to do your own thing despite what the majority wants makes you a less than ideal person.