Kicked from Expedition, CD Que

General Discussion
11/14/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Hamstar
Also all queued instances run on a majority rules system. Queuing in and expecting to do your own thing despite what the majority wants makes you a less than ideal person.

What absolute nonsense. If that's contributing to the conversation, please stop.
11/14/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Reconbravo
I think many of you are taking Tadazz way out of context on multiple points.

You can't make an argument saying that Tadazz should have made a specific group to do the content in its basic form. That just doesn't make any sense. You only make groups to do specific tasks. Such as farming rares. While many people have adopted the philosophy of only killing rares for their perceived loot drops I do not believe that is the only way of playing an Island Expedition even when trying to farm items.

I believe the only reason Tadazz stated their dps compared to the other person was to emphasize their point about how little the other player was doing in relation to them. While that may not hold much merit for some people, I can attest clearing 85%+ (as a personal example) of an Island Expedition alone while two others afk and then being kicked near the end is surely rage worthy.

When you queue up for an Island Expedition and expect everyone else to do as you want and you kick them just makes you a less than an ideal person. Tadazz, I'm sorry for your frustration. If players had a more direct ability to administer punishment to these types of players I can say I'd have hundreds on my list to hit. Sadly, many times we have to take it and move on.

What is the basic form of an Island Expedition? Rushing it and ignoring the best rewards to get a small amount of Azerite? Also all queued instances run on a majority rules system. Queuing in and expecting to do your own thing despite what the majority wants makes you a less than ideal person.

This.

The faster you help, the faster you get what you want done.

+ OP is a shadow alt who simply came to the forums to complain with 'his' side of the story when usually there's more to this than that
I hate that kick feature. I haven't been back since I did them on monk and got kicked for refusing to change to heals when the mage in the group demanded I do so after pulling too many mobs for him to handle.

I don't think the other player in the group was even paying attention and just sheeple clicked on the OK button.
11/14/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Tadazz
So I got qued with a PoS that got upset because I didn't want to help him just farm for specifics mobs and what not to get mounts / pets / weapons, etc. Did way more damage this kid, killed mobs byself while he just run around lolly gagging. and at around 85% I get kicked out for not wanting to help him with his objective, after getting kicked out there a CD saying I can't join until so and so.

THERE'S A LFG SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO FARM EXPEDITION FOR MOUNTS AND WHAT NOT. I'm just trying to cap for the week.
yeah....IE's are a freakin mess. too many infantile children involved to bother with them. Might come back and do some once we're in a new expansion and the kiddies have something better to do with their time.
11/14/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Vendreck

What is the basic form of an Island Expedition? Rushing it and ignoring the best rewards to get a small amount of Azerite? Also all queued instances run on a majority rules system. Queuing in and expecting to do your own thing despite what the majority wants makes you a less than ideal person.

This.

+ OP is a shadow alt who simply came to the forums to complain with 'his' side of the story when usually there's more to this than that
Ive found that his sort is usually spot on and the players responding to him negatively are the ones hes talking about.
The fact that you re posting as a level one tells me you did something wrong. You are so scared to show your main.
11/14/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Vendreck

When two or three different parties have different goals it doesn't boil down to "just do as you're told and help or else, and you'll like it"

As far as I seen the "shadow alt" shared their frustration without antagonizing anyone in a well explained opinion. It took a variety of people who assume more than they know before this thread became in anyway toxic.

It's not who said what, it's how it was said. This is a very real issue for many types of players in our community. While there are those that flame and cast blame not every person deserves a certain treatment without cause based on appearance, level or god forbid an avatar that isn't appearing.
M+ is about the only thing more designed to create toxic player interactions than IEs. Which is an issue when we're talking about casual content.
I do them once a week when it aligns with boralus/zuldazar emissaries, and that's it.

About OP, I always go as tank, try to agro a bunch so we can finish that painful dungeon asap. But there's always that one guy who decides to not work with me and the other team member, and goes in the opposite direction rambo style. This kind of tard, and you somehow look like one of those, always get the boot.

It's a 3 people only encounter. If you can't get yourself to be a team player with only 2 more people, you deserve a deserter debuff.
11/14/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Ezmeralda
I do them once a week when it aligns with boralus/zuldazar emissaries, and that's it.

About OP, I always go as tank, try to agro a bunch so we can finish that painful dungeon asap. But there's always that one guy who decides to not work with me and the other team member, and goes in the opposite direction rambo style. This kind of tard, and you somehow look like one of those, always get the boot.

It's a 3 people only encounter. If you can't get yourself to be a team player with only 2 more people, you deserve a deserter debuff.

You slow things down by being a tank sometimes... if you are used to 3 dps runs actually.
The reason why most people get kicked is because there are two ways to run them and their strategies clash.
-You can speed run them to get the thing over with and have basically no chance to get any loot.
-You can target rares for drops and get a 1/4 chance at loot which is slow and tedious.

The biggest problem atm is that almost everything in there drops nothing.
Stuff that drops nothing:
-Bears, birds, cats, crocs, wolves, azerite elementals, and enemy team.
-All mining nodes
-Almost all chests except rotting chests (that spawn mobs) and maybe invasion chests (which are unconfirmed).

So almost everything the normal player does in an island expedition scenario drops no loot.

P.S. I've stopped doing them because I finally got the item I wanted.
11/14/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Reconbravo
Also all queued instances run on a majority rules system. Queuing in and expecting to do your own thing despite what the majority wants makes you a less than ideal person.

What absolute nonsense. If that's contributing to the conversation, please stop.

What part do you not agree with? That all queued instances are handled by a majority rules? That doing what you want in opposition (and actually negatively impacting) of what the majority wants makes you a less then ideal person?

I guess you consider contributing to just be agreeing with you?
You're just full of absurdity, Hamstar. The fact that you think you can impose how a person participates based on your idea of what the population does or doesn't do in Island Expeditions makes me question if you're just being intentionally obtuse or you don't consider other peoples points of views except your own.

There are multiple ways of going about completing an Island Expedition as many people have mentioned. Just because your understanding of how many people prefer to do so for their idea of what rewards drop doesn't mean any person should be expected to follow that path.

Your concept of negatively impacting your / potentially another persons run based on your ideal of how the game should be played is extremely biased.

Making up a comment that I'm so arrogant to assume people should only listen to my point of view makes me think you don't have very much interest in furthering the conversation.
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Smowitcigs
M+ is about the only thing more designed to create toxic player interactions than IEs. Which is an issue when we're talking about casual content.

M+ at least has one very clear cut goal. Quests, mob loot and bonus bosses are all stripped. The one singular goal left is completion of the dungeon, in the most efficient way possible.

IE's on the other hand have multiple goals that clash with eachother.
11/14/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Abattøir
Deserter debuff is 15min. IIRC it can go up based on the number of times you get kicked or leave an instance

That is NOT the deserter debuff. What it is however is the instance CD. When you enter amn instance via lfg you can't enter another for 15 minutes. Deserter was specifically removed from islands afaik
So I got qued with a PoS

So, you played with yourself? Sorry. Your tone is loud and clear. With no other information, I blame you.
11/14/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Tadazz
11/14/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Tormento
This weekly quest is the reason I stopped doing expeditions. People always rush to end it quickly and ignore rares that could drop loot.

There's a CUSTOM Looking for Group for that kind of stuff. I just want to cap for weekly as fast as possible. I done that Farming for Loots and it is boring and long with no guarantees.

Or you could use the CUSTOM group finder to form your group to gogogo to cap. There's no right or wrong way to do them.
You know, on general principle I never believe anyone on a level one alt.

Someone could be legit posting that I had just won a million bucks and a date with Natalie Dormer, all I had to do was quote reply them, and I wouldn't if they did it on a level one alt.

Sorry, Natalie. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
So I got qued with a guy that got upset because I didn't want to help him just farm for specifics mobs and what not to get mounts / pets / weapons, etc.

I ran into that. Nobody even said anything, but the other 2 players I was grouped with were clearly hunting for bosses (or other-faction NPCs), not azerite.

We won, but it took 22 minutes! Since I was trying to level using IEs, I was not happy getting the same XP (19%) from 22 minutes as I get usuall get for 8 to 12 minutes.

I wonder if I could just quit -- bail out of the IE. I haven't done that yet, but maybe I should have tried.
THERE'S A LFG SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO FARM EXPEDITION FOR MOUNTS AND WHAT NOT. I'm just trying to cap for the week.

THERE'S A LFG SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT WANT TO CAP YOUR WEEKLY EXPEDITION QUEST AND WHAT NOT. I'm just trying to farm for mounts, pets and transmog.