Mail blocked o.O

General Discussion
I was sending stuff thru my toons and got a messege saying I reached the in game cap for mail recipients. I googled daheck was that, understood why there could have such a thing, but still dont understand why that should affect my own characters. Come on, Bliz...xD
So what's your mail number? How many?
Yea once you hit the cap you can't send mail to anyone, even your alts.

I think the cap is somewhere around 20, but I don't know if that's 20 mails or mails to 20 distinct characters
The limit is in place to prevent gold seller activity. They used to spam mail people with gold advertisements and other nefarious activities such as transferring gold between hacked accounts. The limit works as a certain number of mail recipients in a certain amount of time if I remember correctly.
I dont mind that theres a limit for that, its understandable, like I said, what feels weird is that I cant mail myself. What would I do? Sell gold to my second personality? :D
11/14/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Ishna
I googled daheck was that, understood why there could have such a thing, but still dont understand why that should affect my own characters

"Your own characters" are still relying on the mail system which has limited capacity. But you must be sending a lot of mail.
11/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Ishna
I dont mind that theres a limit for that, its understandable, like I said, what feels weird is that I cant mail myself. What would I do? Sell gold to my second personality? :D

Just what are you doing with all that mail? o.O
11/14/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Bipzi
11/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Ishna

Just what are you doing with all that mail? o.O
Im not. Barely have been playing lately to be honest. Just today I started sending some stuff like pet bandages and cooking mats from diferent toons to the ones that hold each type and dang, capped.
They probably did it because that is one of the ways gold sellers would bother players.. among many things that they've tried over the years.