Legion at 98 or 100?

General Discussion
Title.

Is Legion safe to go to at 98 instead of 100?

WoD scaling is still out of whack (why fix it when there’s a chance to make $60 is what I say). So I’m wondering if Legion is any better?

I’m sure I’ll ding 100 if I continue questing in Frostfire (just dinged 97 with 4/6 chapters)
Pretty sure you can hit Legion at 98.
10/07/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Krider

Oh I know you can.

I’m just curious if the scaling is so bad that it’s just suicide to go at 98.
10/07/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Vaniira
10/07/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Krider

Oh I know you can.

I’m just curious if the scaling is so bad that it’s just suicide to go at 98.

I always go at 98. It's slightly harder but the scaling isn't bad
The scaling is better than WOD. WOD 98-100 was nightmare.
10/07/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Renokreuz
The scaling is better than WOD. WOD 98-100 was nightmare.

Alright, thanks! I’ll start Legion at 98 ☺️
Legion is super easy now after the stat squish.
WoD mobs are like 2x harder to kill than legion mobs. It's really noticeable. My shaman went from carefully pulling only 2-3 at a time max and healing mid-fight at 99 in draenor to just barreling into 6+ mobs without a care and blowing them up in legion at 100.
If you have flying stay in Warlords. Go to Spires of Arak and do the questline until you can choose the tavern for 20% increased XP which stacks with the garrison potion and just pick up treasures in spires.
The best thing to do is to go get the Artifact, then go back to WoD.
10/07/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Hexadecimal

What ilvl does the Artifact start out now?

I have the staff that goes to 110 (all of my Heirloom is upgraded 3/3) so is it even worth? :/
10/07/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Vaniira
Title.

Is Legion safe to go to at 98 instead of 100?

WoD scaling is still out of whack (why fix it when there’s a chance to make $60 is what I say). So I’m wondering if Legion is any better?

I’m sure I’ll ding 100 if I continue questing in Frostfire (just dinged 97 with 4/6 chapters)
I think you could stay in WoD until 101 at least. I just kept doing treasures for awhile and was still getting the xp I got before. I left midway to 101 because an invasion was starting soon.

And on that note, you don't have to quest unless you want to. Hunting treasures and doing the bonus objectives will take care of you faster. There is a 20% xp boosting potion on sale from your garrison quartermaster. Also build the outpost in Spires to get another 20%. Do it all this week with WHEEEE buff. Pow! You golden.
10/07/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Vaniira

I have the staff that goes to 110 (all of my Heirloom is upgraded 3/3) so is it even worth? :/
What spec do you play? I am leveling a disc priest and I struggled so much with getting the artifact, I just decided not to. I am using an heirloom staff but it stopped at 90 so I bought a higher ilvl staff and it is actually a down grade. Sigh.

Also, I missed your point on my other post about scaling. It is wonky in WoD but I personally am sick of questing and stuck primarily to bonus objectives and treasures.
10/07/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Vaniira

Artifacts start out at ilvl 152 (previously 750). I don't believe the heirloom weapons start out worth it, but they MIGHT get close as you get closer to 110, depending on how many relics you pick up along the way (if any).
Legion mobs are easier than WoD mobs.

I'm not kidding.
I recommend hitting legion at 98, picking up your artifact weapon then heading back to where you were in wod and finishing up to 100. My maghar I even pushed to 101 (just finishing the zone I was in) because the 100-101 in legion always felt pretty rough. Doing that I crushed legion out in an afternoon.
+1 to all the "Get artifact at 98, go back and reap XP on Draenor to 101" advice. Works amazingly well. Especially for BM hunters because Pet + Hati is Beast Mode on Draenor mobs.
I send my characters to get their artifacts at 98 and continue leveling in Legion. Quest gear in Legion is good and plentiful. As long as you don't start out horribly geared (which if your character leveled doing bonus objectives can happen) you'll do fine.

I leveled a disc priest through Legion dungeons only. I found I had to stop her xp at a certain point, because her ilvl was falling behind thanks to how stingy the dungeons are with loot. After some more dungeon blue drops, she was healing fine again.
You'll be fine at 98 even with your worthless artifact weapon.
WOD until 101, maybe get your artifact meanwhile.