Sick of community view towards balance?

Druid
It's mostly okay here, but go literally anywhere else (r/wow, mmo-c, other forums) and people REFUSE to acknowledge the ********mathematical reality********* that balance DPS is absolutely horrific in single target encounters. It's pretty brutal.

Are we really just meant to sit down, shut up, and accept the fact that our DPS is bad just because we have brez? Why don't DKs get punished, then? Affliction locks have even more utility than we have, and are ALSO better than us in single target and AoE encounters.

Why? I never see any threads or outrage or blizzard attention on this. It's pretty gross.
Man, I'd rather much have the problem of being perceived as competitive by the community.

Shamans, and particularly enhance, are in this weird situation where there spec isn't really that bad, but the community seems convinced that the class sucks and Shamans are often rejected from pugs on the basis of class alone.
Warlocks dont have treants
Because Balance doesn’t need an overhaul. It needs a few tweaks to single target abilities. Otherwise the spec is fine & people want them.
Were really not horrible ST. Yeah were on the lower end, but its not that big of a disparity. Most non Affliction casters are in the same realm as our damage on most fights. There are a couple fights in Uldir were we are really behind but then some where we excel too. In M+ we do really well in higher keys, with Incarn our ST burst on Bosses is actually pretty respectable and our sustain AoE is really good once we ramp up.

Overall just because our ST is on the weaker end doesnt make the spec bad.
10/09/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Kelustu
people REFUSE to acknowledge the ********mathematical reality********* that balance DPS is absolutely horrific in single target encounters. It's pretty brutal.

Are we really just meant to sit down, shut up, and accept the fact that our DPS is bad just because we have brez?
We haven't even had a true single target raid encounter not to mention our ST isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I've seen you in other posts saying how bad boomies are yet the only evidence you've provided is how your supposed 360 boomy is simming 9k which i find very hard to believe.
10/09/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Grìz
people REFUSE to acknowledge the ********mathematical reality********* that balance DPS is absolutely horrific in single target encounters. It's pretty brutal.

Are we really just meant to sit down, shut up, and accept the fact that our DPS is bad just because we have brez?
We haven't even had a true single target raid encounter not to mention our ST isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I've seen you in other posts saying how bad boomies are yet the only evidence you've provided is how your supposed 360 boomy is simming 9k which i find very hard to believe.

The funny thing is that they claim to have a 360+ druid but I have only found a 339 druid with the same name. And they said their druid had the same name.

So it just sounds like he is lying or just really struggled on the character.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackrock/Kelustu

This was what I found, but who knows if that's actually him. Also there's 0 logs for his rogue or supposed druid.
I honestly feel just a slight buff to solar wrath would be all that's needed. Or just buff empowerments a scotch more
10/10/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Verdinand
I honestly feel just a slight buff to solar wrath would be all that's needed. Or just buff empowerments a scotch more

*cough* Make Mastery actually matter as a stat *cough*
I don't even talk about him anymore, many treats in a single week complain about boom aoe and single but does not offer his armory for view or logs... who know maybe guys is just bad, then he goes on Warcraft log, see druid on bottom and use that as an excuse to why he is under performing.

Why lie? First of all, you were welcome to sim for yourself.

Second, check I've pointed people towards mythic uldir performance and single target logs, both of which are areas of HUGE underperformance for balance. Balance is very nearly dead last in single target sims. In mythic uldir, even with all the cleave, balance is nearly at the bottom.

Despite the post in this thread about shamans, balance is near/equal to ele and behind enhance in Muldir.
Is Balance maybe slightly undertuned? Maybe? I don't know, as I don't play Balance. It doesn't really matter because what I DO KNOW is that Balance can ALWAYS get a spot in M+ and in Raids. Yes, even the Mythic level raids. They have a utility toolkit that makes them invaluable in both, no matter that they don't QUITE pull as much dps as some others. Add in that their dps is NOT really inconsiderable... Well, I know that as a Feral I'd be pleased to always have a reason for people to bring me to any group.
10/10/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Wraithe
Is Balance maybe slightly undertuned? Maybe? I don't know, as I don't play Balance. It doesn't really matter because what I DO KNOW is that Balance can ALWAYS get a spot in M+ and in Raids. Yes, even the Mythic level raids. They have a utility toolkit that makes them invaluable in both, no matter that they don't QUITE pull as much dps as some others. Add in that their dps is NOT really inconsiderable... Well, I know that as a Feral I'd be pleased to always have a reason for people to bring me to any group.

Feral has plenty of reason. It scales with gear harder than any other spec in the game, as evidenced by the fact that it goes from nearly the worst ST DPS in 340 gear to being effectively #1 (just behind SV) in 380 gear. Next raid tier, that will continue.

I'm empathetic to the fact that feral *feels* bad to play right now, but I just don't think the spec needs huge buffs, because it already looks like it's going to be the best with even LFR-quality gear in 8.1

It's obviously unfun to be bad for the patch, but I'm more concerned about the classes/specs that don't seem to be scaling.

9k at 360 is a terrible exaggeration on his part. Balance could use some love, but we're doing better than implied.
Every community thinks their DPS is the worst. I don't think balance is as bad as some suggest. People believe what benefits them the most.
10/10/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Anubara
... We haven't even had a true single target raid encounter not to mention our ST isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I've seen you in other posts saying how bad boomies are yet the only evidence you've provided is how your supposed 360 boomy is simming 9k which i find very hard to believe.

9k at 360 is a terrible exaggeration on his part. Balance could use some love, but we're doing better than implied.

Except no, it's not. Sim the dps of DrGoodSex. Even after I geared up it's not much higher than that.

Also re: Silla's argument. What the !@#$ dude. I don't understand you people. There's actually math and data here, so you can't just say "everyone says that" when there's %^-*ing math.
10/10/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Kelustu
10/10/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Wraithe

Feral has plenty of reason. It scales with gear harder than any other spec in the game, as evidenced by the fact that it goes from nearly the worst ST DPS in 340 gear to being effectively #1 (just behind SV) in 380 gear. Next raid tier, that will continue.

I'm empathetic to the fact that feral *feels* bad to play right now, but I just don't think the spec needs huge buffs, because it already looks like it's going to be the best with even LFR-quality gear in 8.1

It's obviously unfun to be bad for the patch, but I'm more concerned about the classes/specs that don't seem to be scaling.

Ummm... No? Sure, we scale NOW. Who knows what 8.1 will bring, although we hope it will fix a lot of things. But that's beside the point. RIGHT NOW, AT THIS MOMENT, I can't get a group in M+. As a 369 Feral. Forget +10s. I'm talking about 4s and up. People just nope the application once they find out it's Feral. Balance can get a group in any content at any level.

That is something you just can't argue. I know you are going to anyway, but what you'll be doing is flailing around pointing at outliers instead of real world situations. Kinda of like those sims everyone keeps linking. Those are SIMS. Sure it's math... Can't argue with math, right.... Except.... It's PERFECT math with NOTHING to interrupt someone's perfect parse. Yeah, that happens. Not.

So, don't deflect. Balance might need a bump. I've already acknowledged I couldn't speak for that myself so I'll grant you that. But that bump won't make them more desirable for groups. They are ALREADY desirable for groups. In all content.
10/10/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Anubara
... We haven't even had a true single target raid encounter not to mention our ST isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I've seen you in other posts saying how bad boomies are yet the only evidence you've provided is how your supposed 360 boomy is simming 9k which i find very hard to believe.

Except no, it's not. Sim the dps of DrGoodSex. Even after I geared up it's not much higher than that.

Also re: Silla's argument. What the !@#$ dude. I don't understand you people. There's actually math and data here, so you can't just say "everyone says that" when there's %^-*ing math.