Flying

General Discussion
Again, easy solution: So many empty servers. At least one could be dedicated no-flight. That would make the self-proclaimed anti-fliers happy because they could play on a world in which no one can fly at all. Ever. Anywhere. Done and dusted.
I miss it. I have seen everything while getting part 1. I really hate this time gating >:(
10/10/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Velara
Again, easy solution: So many empty servers. At least one could be dedicated no-flight. That would make the self-proclaimed anti-fliers happy because they could play on a world in which no one can fly at all. Ever. Anywhere. Done and dusted.
Or... give them the option to turn off flying and put a 30 day cooldown on it.

Let's see who actually uses it.
I have been happy. Leave it gone imo.
I'd be happier with FP doing fewer scenic figure 8s and instead making a straight line.

So glad they let us keep our flight whistles day one and not gate it like in Argus.
I'd be ok if it was only pathfinder in current content. But since PF remains a requirement in old content that I missed out on, its killed the way I play the game. I've no interest to log in because of it, and most likely will not be buying anymore time because of it.
Don't miss it but I am still working for it.

Was happy enough to unlock the Flightmasters Whistle. Flying for me is really nothing more rapid material gathering and archaeology.
Oh look that freaking thread

Can't believe it took so long for it to rear its ugly noggin
I started playing the game in 2004. Left a few months into WOD. Purchased Legion then left a month in. Was thinking of purchasing BFA, so I resubscribed, looked up "WOD flying" and "Legion flying", saw "Pathfinder" then said no thanks... Blizzard, you can keep your game. Enough with the grindy, arbitrary time-gates.

For those who are happy with no flying, why not take it one step further and remove mounts and flight paths from the game completely.
Happy without it. I rather see my enemy charging at me than dropping from high up.

Not opposed to flying- just think it should only be allowed in the shards of players with warmode OFF.

But as usual, i probably will be on my trusty raptor or yak even when flyin is enabled.
I can take or leave flying. I'm finding Kul Tiras and Zandalar are fine to get around on foot. I'll be happy to get flying but I'm not chomping at the bit for it either or anything. I enjoy this early part of an expansion where we explore new lands on foot, it makes everything feel a lot grander.
Of course I miss flying. I have all these cool flying mounts that I can't even use.

Hell I just got the exalted Zandalari pterrodax, and yet, I can't fly it. Gee, thanks.
10/09/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Darkstrider
Have you started to miss flying yet or have you been happy without it?
Honestly I have such an easy time getting anywhere I want to be at this point that flying won't make a difference in the overall quality of the game.

Being able to explore from new angles will be nice.

Flying won't fix the game in any means though. There's so much else that's wrong with the game at the moment that the inconvenience of ground travel hasn't made itself apparent to me yet.
I don't miss flying one bit, because I never bought BfA. I still fly everywhere I go where flight is enabled.

10/12/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Craise
I started playing the game in 2004. Left a few months into WOD. Purchased Legion then left a month in. Was thinking of purchasing BFA, so I resubscribed, looked up "WOD flying" and "Legion flying", saw "Pathfinder" then said no thanks... Blizzard, you can keep your game. Enough with the grindy, arbitrary time-gates.

This is the main problem with Pathfinder. They have driven away a lot of customers with their pigheaded insistence on punishing players for wanting flight.

How many players have joined because they thought Pathfinder was a great concept? None.

For those who are happy with no flying, why not take it one step further and remove mounts and flight paths from the game completely.

Don't be silly. You don't actually believe those players want to go without flight?
i can with, with or without it.
10/09/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Tyburn
I have one level 120. The rest are alts parked at 110 until I unlock flying.
Scary thing is that they might actually want that.
It's been four years since they removed flying, aren't you

I M M E R S E D

yet?
Every day I log on being stuck on the ground is another day I could be in the sky flying on the wings of my drakes.

Almost got pathfinder part one done then on to two so I can soar the skies and leave the forsaken ground behind.
I’ve been going through older content, so I can fly :D
Pathfinder should be available at launch, or at least by the first patch of any expac. If they absolutely insist that we have it in the first place. I hate not being able to fly because of......reasons.