You're all obsessing over Tyrande bad writing

General Discussion
Meanwhile the Horde next patch is going to

*spoilers*

Save Saurfaung a deserter by killing one of Sylvanas dark rangers and then we're going to help Nathanos raise fresh night elf corpses.

Where's the consistency in the Horde player character... currently we've spent our entire war campaign being with Sylvanas then we just betray her but not really...??
10/11/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Vinetremus
Save Saurfaung a deserter by killing one of Sylvanas dark rangers and then we're going to help Nathanos raise fresh night elf corpses.

Just to be clear. One doesn't desert by going out alone to stale an enemy advance...
10/11/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Caelin

Just to be clear. One doesn't desert by going out alone to stale an enemy advance...

Saurfang himself claimed he was going to die but instead gets captured. Has a chance to escape and refuses it and now he's working to betray Sylvanas.

Just stop.
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726462.jpg

Just a reminder of what loyal Sylvanas soldiers look like. Not even Foresaken.

Can't possibly imagine why even the Nightborne would be stupid enough to follow her.
"Waaaah, we're not allowed to follow our cartoonishly evil warchief any more! But I wanna be the villaaaaain!"
-- edgy 13-year-olds probably
10/11/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Fortuna
"Waaaah, we're not allowed to follow our cartoonishly evil warchief any more! But I wanna be the villaaaaain!"
-- edgy 13-year-olds probably

There's no consistency... don't see how you can't see this.
They try to make the horde characters so godlike that once again the only thing that can harm the horde is internal struggle and their "are we really the bad guys?" Plot that has been redone 3 times now?

It's like suicide squad but dare I say even worse
10/11/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Caelin

Saurfang is freed from prison by Mathias Shaw himself (the leader of SI7) most likely under orders from Anduin himself. Shaw orchestrated the events which led to Saurfang being able to actually leave the area undetected (ordered the guards to have a day off, gave them "top quality alcohol" and so forth). Saurfang is pretty much an Alliance spy at this point and should have been killed off. but nope, because Saurfang offers to punch us we jump at the opportunity to kill an entire squad of Dreadguards and an elite Dark Ranger, then go lie to Sylvanas to her face (which she even sees through).
Maybe read the leaked quest text and listen to the audio and don't jump on the Hyperbole bandwagon.

Saurfang says you have to go back and Sylvanas can't suspect you're working with him. It isn't open rebellion yet. You have to follow orders or you expose yourself and the whole plot to take her down.
You know I can get behind burning down alliance towns. For the horde. But when we are gassing our own town to stop an alliance victory where is the honor in that? This isn’t the horde I signed up for. I would rather die axe in hand then be portrayed as honorless scum bags any longer. I am right beside Saurfang on this one. Fooook the banshee queen! (She’s just pretty tough) give us a hand taking her out alliance.
10/11/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Tyriellais
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/726462.jpg

Just a reminder of what loyal Sylvanas soldiers look like. Not even Foresaken.

Can't possibly imagine why even the Nightborne would be stupid enough to follow her.

no race on the horde would follow her, we are autisticly waiting for this !@#$ to end
Remember when Orcs used to be about Dark magic, Killing anyone that stood in their way, and pillaging Alliance towns?

Now it's about fear of impending battles, suicide, and betraying your warchief. You know... "Honor."
10/11/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Vinetremus
Saurfang himself claimed he was going to die but instead gets captured. Has a chance to escape and refuses it and now he's working to betray Sylvanas.

But he does escape, he just doesn't want to do it when the Horde forces show up because he knows exactly what awaits him if he returned with them. It is clear that Sylvanas want's him dead, period! She sees the growing disapproval of her leadership amongest the "old horde" leadership and knows the Suarfang is the flag ship of that group. I mean do you honestly think if he surrendered to the Dark Ranger in 8.1 that there is any chance he wouldn't end up dead some place along the way?
Sylvanas was all fine and well until she started killing her own people and gassing Orcs, now it’s just treason with a title

*spoilers*

Where's the consistency in the Horde player character... currently we've spent our entire war campaign being with Sylvanas then we just betray her but not really...??

Don't you mean. Save Saurfang, the ONE PERSON who's oposing a mad child killer of a Warchief from sinking the horde with her on the most pointless war on Azeroth's history?

The ONE guy who's doing something as the other leaders cower in fear of the edgy, ansgty dead waifu? If there's something that WILL happen is that Sylvanas will leave that throne, one way or another. Everything points that way.

Because serving the Horde as it is right now means, serving a Warchief who kills her own people, kills civilians, kills her own troops. Dude sorry there but imost people don't feel like playing the disposable henchmen and serving Scourge 2.0.

Sylvanas is irredimable on how evil she is, it is Garrosh all over again no matter how much Blizzard tries to deny it. You can't just recicle the same plot, change a couple of details and then say it's different cause it's not.
10/11/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Zaluzan

*spoilers*

Don't you mean. Save Saurfang, the ONE PERSON who's oposing a mad child killer of a Warchief from sinking the horde with her on the most pointless war on Azeroth's history?

The ONE guy who's doing something as the other leaders cower in fear of the edgy, ansgty dead waifu? If there's something that WILL happen is that Sylvanas will leave that throne, one way or another. Everything points that way.

Because serving the Horde as it is right now means, serving a Warchief who kills her own people, kills civilians, kills her own troops. Dude sorry there but imost people don't feel like playing the disposable henchmen and serving Scourge 2.0.

Sylvanas is irredimable on how evil she is, it is Garrosh all over again no matter how much Blizzard tries to deny it. You can't just recicle the same plot, change a couple of details and then say it's different cause it's not.

I don't know I think she's objectively worse than Garrosh at this point.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't know I think she's objectively worse than Garrosh at this point.

She pretty much is at this point. Garrosh was a crazy tyrant. But he never started a war because "It's that or JUST 100 years of peace before the next conflict", he never butchered his own civilians to "purge hope" and even HE had huge reservations about using the Plague.

Like seriously, if the writting team's purpose here was to make Sylvanas irredimably evil, they did a heck of a good job.
Saurfang's emo phase is incredibly tiring and I lost interest in his story long before Old Soldier or Zappyboi, so I agree that we have the lousy writing too.

But the burning of Teldrassil was the final lead up to BfA's launch and the revenge of the kaldorei and this night warrior stuff was being hyped up to be a big deal that might shift the tide of war

And.. 8.1 is what we get. Steve Danuser achieves what is essentially a total victory from right under the noses of the avatar of a goddess's wrath and Malfurion, who is supposed to be 'the most powerful mortal' or something.

Nothing is any different. Nothing has changed. Sylvanas lost a horcrux and the Alliance continues to be passive. Is there more story to come that might address that? Yeah, maybe. But with this level of writing, what exactly am I looking forward to?
Lets also not forget he's lowkey working with mathias shaw so lets also tack on conspiring with the enemy.

But you know, honor and what not.
Funny how a few expansions change things.

MoP: "Screw Garrosh! Vol'Jin is awesome! If Thrall doesn't step back into the mantle of Warchief then I hope it's Vol'Jin because he's the only one who had the courage to stand up to Garrosh!"

BfA: "Screw Saurfang, that traitor! Sylvanas is bae! How dare he not fall in line!"

This community is bipolar lol